Screeching Sound from Front Wheels

Thread Starter #1
A loud screeching sound is coming from the front wheels, cant make out from which side. It started all of a sudden. I presume it is because of a stone getting stuck between pads and disc.
Have ridden the vehicle for about 2 kms with the sound. and will need to drive another 4 if I need to reach the VW service center.

Can it be some other problem? Since its my first car and a first untoward incident ever since i bought it. bit worried. Is it a huge cost to get it rectified. The car is still in warranty and done only 3.5k kms.

Re: screeeching sound from front wheels

I presume it is because of a stone getting stuck between pads and disc.
Quite possible. Or may be the retainer clip (sorry, I couldn't recall the actual name) might have slipped.

Is it a huge cost to get it rectified. The car is still in warranty and done only 3.5k kms.
Shouldn't cost you anything high, as the car is under warranty.

I have experienced the same problem at times, I would not think it would be a major concern as Mr. Boss said, if the car was kept in rains or if you also wash it you may experience this due to water entering the discs, or may be some dust or say the clip stuff as Mr. Boss referred. You do not have to worry about it Maximus drive to the nearest VW store they should be able to fix it.

Drive Safe.
Santosh.V

I think this not a big problem, have you washed the car recently ?
If yes then it would be the problem, try washing the tires/rim it will solve the issue when the break dust is removed.. (use pressure water)

worn brake pads lead to that sound ( thats what happen to my car )
He has mentioned his car has done 3500 km so i dont think its worn out brake pads.

I guess washing the rim will help(as varun560061 mentioned) since one could spray water from a garden hose,since this sound comes without applying the brakes(am assuming since there was no mention of noise under braking)

He has mentioned his car has done 3500 km so i dont think its worn out brake pads.

I guess washing the rim will help(as varun560061 mentioned) since one could spray water from a garden hose,since this sound comes without applying the brakes(am assuming since there was no mention of noise under braking)
you never know what sorta brake pads it had and how has he been using it

i replaced my ones it didn't really need replacement.
you never know [;)]

you can kill brakes in no time if you want so better check

also check disk there might be stone or it might have caught rust through 2-3 hard braking remain mostly

Top Bottom