Scratches on Cars Shock Chandigarh, Sector 21-C Residents

Thread Starter #1
CHANDIGARH: Sector 21-C residents were shocked after they found scratches on their luxury cars parked in a row outside their houses on Monday morning. A complaint has been lodged at Sector 19 police station.

Anguished, the residents of 12 houses have decided to keep a vigil at night to nab the miscreants.

Lamber Singh, an area resident whose car was also damaged, said, "The incident came to light around 6.30am when some of us noticed scratches all over our cars. The damaged vehicles include Scorpio, Innova and Honda City, among others."

Jolly, another resident of the area, said, "We park vehicles outside our houses as there is not much space at our places to station these. From Monday, we will keep a vigil at night. Two youths will spend nights in parked cars to check trouble-makers."

Prabhjit Singh of the locality said, "We will also take up the issue with Sector 21 Resident Welfare Association." SHO of Sector 19 police station inspector Harjeet Kaur said, "A complaint has been received. The police presence in the area will be increased."

Some days ago, a number of cases were reported wherein thieves had stolen wheels of parked cars.

Scratches on cars shock Sector 21-C residents - The Times of India

Re: Scratches on cars shock Sector 21-C residents

This job is done by some morons who don't know the value of money spent on buying these cars and emotions attached. Don't know what will anyone get after marking scratches on someone's car.

Can local mechanics conspire something like this? In my opinion, yes there is a possibility.
Sounds weird, but what you said might be true. I have heard of such cases happening in Grey areas of many cities. The case is similar to "Highway puncture" thing. One thing is for sure, these rogues do not have a heart[anger].

Same problem is with all other sectors here in chandigarh. Its a common thing now days. Someone had also scratched my verna's bumper and side mirror last month, and when i saw the next morning i was like [cry].

Hey mate, something similarly happened in Bangalore near my friend's house in jaya nagar, the car was scratched at night with big nails and what we came to know the reason it was becuase it was parked on the streets on a daily basis, the owner didn't have a car park in his home and some angry fellow residents found this car as a disturbance to pass by and use to have quarrels with him often it seems

Anyways now i believe what is commonly said CAR IS NO MORE A LUXURY, BUT PARKING IS

That's disheartening, i feel pity for the cars and [gun]its Owners.
At first place
1) Who tells you to build a house that doesn't have a space to park a car.
2) If you own a rented home, Why on Earth should you buy a car?
3) One car inside the compound, many outside the compound and who maintains them? only one.
4) Agree that you are rich, but to safe-guard your assets you should care for them.
5) Why lakhs should be spent for a car which is kept in the roads at night?

Can local mechanics conspire something like this? In my opinion, yes there is a possibility.
For what purpose? Anyway many of those would left like that and rest would go to authorized centers only (on extremity cases people sell off and buy a new one). This would be only by jobless people.

(Disclaimer:This is not intended for the thread starter or any-person here, just my thought.)

those stupids doesn't even know how some people love their car.
And, putting the article in the newspaper is not the wise thing to catch the culprit! [thinking] The culprits themselves might be reading this.

^ ha ha agreed,when i read "Two youths will spend nights in parked cars to check trouble-makers" ,i was like Lol good luck now everyone knows your plan[lol]

Apart from this incident, more incidents are happening here in Chandigarh of alloy thefts. Thieves steal the alloys + tyres and leave the cars on bricks only that they initially use to support the car. It has become a menace over here, especially on Panchkula area. TOI reports incidents of same type one day or another.

That's disheartening, i feel pity for the cars and [gun]its Owners.
At first place
3) One car inside the compound, many outside the compound and who maintains them? only one.
4) Agree that you are rich, but to safe-guard your assets you should care for them.

For what purpose? Anyway many of those would left like that and rest would go to authorized centers only (on extremity cases people sell off and buy a new one). This would be only by jobless people.

(Disclaimer:This is not intended for the thread starter or any-person here, just my thought.)

I think we can not plan everything right from the beginning. At house construction time, there might not have the requirement of the car. But later they might have planned to have one.
If someone is staying in a rented house, that dose not mean he is deprived of amenities.It may be requirement for his profession.May be some other reason there. We can not say that, since you are at rented house, you should not have car.
Nobody maintain them,but why we are not questioning to the moron, why are you scratching the car.Since we have parked the car outside, it dose not become his rightful duty to scratch it.
Yes, I agree it is our duty to protect it.
May be there is no better option left.
But due to some moron we can not stop having car. it is something like "Marne ke liye jina chodh dun"

PS:Just my thought[evil]. I may be completely wrong in my opinion.Please don't bash me up[:D]

This is really a bad act !! , but how do they catch the culprits if they make this a big news on the news paper and telling the culprits that what they are going to do[surprise]

It also happen most of the times on TV that Police press meets gives information to theives and other anti social elements how police is approaching !!

don't under estimate the police, at least in kerala. the statements in press are usually planted to throw the culprits off track. if the police are left to do their work without the polititians interfering most of the criminals can be brought to justice.

I think we can not plan everything right from the beginning. At house construction time, there might not have the requirement of the car. But later they might have planned to have one.
If someone is staying in a rented house, that dose not mean he is deprived of amenities.It may be requirement for his profession.May be some other reason there. We can not say that, since you are at rented house, you should not have car.
Nobody maintain them,but why we are not questioning to the moron, why are you scratching the car.Since we have parked the car outside, it dose not become his rightful duty to scratch it.
Yes, I agree it is our duty to protect it.
May be there is no better option left.
But due to some moron we can not stop having car. it is something like "Marne ke liye jina chodh dun"

PS:Just my thought[evil]. I may be completely wrong in my opinion.Please don't bash me up[:D]
You are right at some points buddy, but you have seen Bangalore Flooded with cars, i mean people simply buy off a car just to show-off and act like they lost the whole world if something happens to it.

That's disheartening, i feel pity for the cars and its Owners.
At first place
The way you are questioning owners, I personally feel that you mean to say, when you park your car on road, these things are bound to happen.

These is similar to what one cop said in the press after one rape case "If you wear such clothes, you are bound to get raped." [anger].

I din't mean to offend you in any way, but there are situations where due to professional reason I need to migrate to some other city and there I don't have parking in rented house. Then I dont have choice. But, the car being parked on road does not means that any one can do anything and this also does not means that owner don't care for the car. [;)]

Top Bottom