Scratches Done By Skoda Authorized Service Center. What's Next?

Thread Starter #1
As we all know that Skoda Service is still a gamble in India atleast, so want to share my specific experience with Autobahn Skoda (Goregoan, Mumbai) and Skoda support for my issue.

My car had issue with weather strips developing bubbles (front left and rear right), so it was being replaced under warranty FOC. As, I had visited earlier the part had not reached the dealership (Autobahn Skoda), so told them to inform me as and when it comes and also informed them in prior that I will pickup and drop facility.

Car was picked up on 23rd February, 2018 at 9:30 in the morning, there were few scratches on rear right bumper (only 2 small scratches) and some anonymous scratch on rear left door. Same was marked on the form (pic attached). I have also attached earlier car pics for reference, though it is difficult to notice those scratches as it was on bumper bodyline .

Pickup Form (cropped for security reasons)
Form.jpeg

Earlier pictures of car
Earlier pics (1).jpeg
Earlier pics (2).jpeg

The next day morning (24th February, 2018), I noticed the scratches on rear right bumper (much more), minor scuff like scratch on front bumper (above left fog) and deep groove near right front fog lamps.

New Scratches on Rear Bumper on right side
Rear right bumper new scratches.jpeg

Deep Groove near front right fog lamp
groove near front right fog.jpeg

Scuff/Minor scratch on Front Bumper above left fog
scuff or scratch on front bumper above left fog.jpeg

I ranged up the SA and he said that he will share the pics clicked by him as and when car reached the Service Center. I examined each and every picture attached in the email and noticed two out of three scratches to be not present [frustration]

I replied to their email by marking the areas affected and scratches missing. To this they offered me two options :-
1) Merely 20% discount on total bill, which approximately is around Rs. 6530 including taxes.
2) Claiming insurance and they bearing the transaction charges/processing fees.

I denied both due to following reasons :-
1) Need full 100% discount in repainting my car’s rear bumper as it was done by the service center.
2) Did not wanted to claim insurance as i will loose on NCB and the addition in claim history which will affect resale value.

Though it may sound that I am being at better position but that is not the case, reason for same :-
1) Repaint of certain panel or touch-up paint can never meet factory paint.
2) Depreciation at time of selling car with painted panel is always high.
3) The time wasted in repairing the car.
4) To live with mis-match painted car down the line.

So for now I have tried my luck by :-
1) Contacting SA, CRM and Regional Manager
2) Taking hep of twitter

As of now (1st March, 2018), they are firm on their decision of giving discount or claiming insurance, which is above my acceptable levels. Not that I can't afford but it is just not acceptable.

Seeking help for taking next step.

Attachments

This is pathetic and typical Skoda I believe.

You have provided them with clear evidence and they are providing discounts? Seems like the customer satisfaction is least of Skoda's concern (as has always been the case).

I completely agree with your stand of not accepting any of their options. I have subscribed to this this thread. Keep us posted.

I thought Skoda has come far ahead in customer satisfaction but after reading your post about how you are being treated for the scratches done to your car & providing discounts instead of doing it FOC, they are the same as before.
Wake up Skoda you are going to loose a potential customer after reading this post.

As we all know that Skoda Service is still a gamble in India atleast, so want to share my specific experience with Autobahn Skoda (Goregoan, Mumbai) and Skoda support for my issue.

My car had issue with weather strips developing bubbles (front left and rear right), so it was being replaced under warranty FOC. As, I had visited earlier the part had not reached the dealership (Autobahn Skoda), so told them to inform me as and when it comes and also informed them in prior that I will pickup and drop facility.

Car was picked up on 23rd February, 2018 at 9:30 in the morning, there were few scratches on rear right bumper (only 2 small scratches) and some anonymous scratch on rear left door. Same was marked on the form (pic attached). I have also attached earlier car pics for reference, though it is difficult to notice those scratches as it was on bumper bodyline .

Pickup Form (cropped for security reasons)
View attachment 241984

Earlier pictures of car
View attachment 241985
View attachment 241986

The next day morning (24th February, 2018), I noticed the scratches on rear right bumper (much more), minor scuff like scratch on front bumper (above left fog) and deep groove near right front fog lamps.

New Scratches on Rear Bumper on right side
View attachment 241988

Deep Groove near front right fog lamp
View attachment 241987

Scuff/Minor scratch on Front Bumper above left fog
View attachment 241989

I ranged up the SA and he said that he will share the pics clicked by him as and when car reached the Service Center. I examined each and every picture attached in the email and noticed two out of three scratches to be not present [frustration]

I replied to their email by marking the areas affected and scratches missing. To this they offered me two options :-
1) Merely 20% discount on total bill, which approximately is around Rs. 6530 including taxes.
2) Claiming insurance and they bearing the transaction charges/processing fees.

I denied both due to following reasons :-
1) Need full 100% discount in repainting my car’s rear bumper as it was done by the service center.
2) Did not wanted to claim insurance as i will loose on NCB and the addition in claim history which will affect resale value.

Though it may sound that I am being at better position but that is not the case, reason for same :-
1) Repaint of certain panel or touch-up paint can never meet factory paint.
2) Depreciation at time of selling car with painted panel is always high.
3) The time wasted in repairing the car.
4) To live with mis-match painted car down the line.

So for now I have tried my luck by :-
1) Contacting SA, CRM and Regional Manager
2) Taking hep of twitter

As of now (1st March, 2018), they are firm on their decision of giving discount or claiming insurance, which is above my acceptable levels. Not that I can't afford but it is just not acceptable.

Seeking help for taking next step.
Sorry to know about this GautamJ,
I am out of ideas to give you a suggestion, a company known for below standard ASS, this is the last thing expected.
Skoda has got such beautiful winning products but the ASS doesnt match up with their product line-up.
I remember once my friend's Civic got damaged by the pick-up guy, after a some arguments, Honda did the job FOC.

Thread Starter #5
For now. Have 0 coversation with them.
Though played a trick, where I with my friends went for TD at their showroom. I discussed my story with the SA and he said he will talk with seniors. A week up but still no updates.

Thread Starter #6
Update

Got a call from General Manager of Autobahn Skoda. Now they are ready to give 40% discount for both bumpers painting.
Told them, that I don’t wish to get front bumper painted so only rear bumper needs to be repainted, but I need 100% discount. He told me that he will confirm and let me know.

Irony is the service centre guy emailed me and stated the same old 20% discount or they will borne the transaction charges if I claim insurance [lol]

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Update

Got a call from General Manager of Autobahn Skoda. Now they are ready to give 40% discount for both bumpers painting.
Told them, that I don’t wish to get front bumper painted so only rear bumper needs to be repainted, but I need 100% discount. He told me that he will confirm and let me know.

Irony is the service centre guy emailed me and stated the same old 20% discount or they will borne the transaction charges if I claim insurance
Once your work is done, suggest you to buy a set of bumper corner protectors because these minor nudges and minute scratches are unavoidable whether on road or at ASC. It is always better to take precautions and avoid hassles later on Gautam.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #8
Once your work is done, suggest you to buy a set of bumper corner protectors because these minor nudges and minute scratches are unavoidable whether on road or at ASC. It is always better to take precautions and avoid hassles later on Gautam.

Regards

Akash
Thank you Sirji for your suggestions. Planning to get PPF, won’t hamper the looks but is it functional?

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Planning to get PPF, won’t hamper the looks but is it functional?
Well PPF will be an expensive solution and in case if a nudge et al happens later on and the PPF gets damaged then expenses to replace it will higher too. A rather easy and cost effective solution can be using transparent bumper protectors. They do not need any drilling etc and neither they ruin the looks of the car. They complement well and serve the purpose too. Around 4 years back, I had bought a set of them from Mumbai for my Ivtec CITY. For your reference, you may see the images below.

photo1257.jpg

photo1260.jpg

photo1264.jpg

Regards

Akash

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I presume, so far you have been communicating with the Service center only?

Suggest, send a strong email with all these communications to Skoda Customer Care. May be you can also attach this thread link so that they realize that the issue is already gone out into public, which they may not like..!

Hope to get this problem sorted out very soon.

Thread Starter #11
Well PPF will be an expensive solution and in case if a nudge et al happens later on and the PPF gets damaged then expenses to replace it will higher too. A rather easy and cost effective solution can be using transparent bumper protectors. They do not need any drilling etc and neither they ruin the looks of the car. They complement well and serve the purpose too. Around 4 years back, I had bought a set of them from Mumbai for my Ivtec CITY. For your reference, you may see the images below.

Regards

Akash
Thank you Sirji. Will surely get these.

I presume, so far you have been communicating with the Service center only?

Suggest, send a strong email with all these communications to Skoda Customer Care. May be you can also attach this thread link so that they realize that the issue is already gone out into public, which they may not like..!

Hope to get this problem sorted out very soon.
Have tried tweets, emails too. Had a word with Relationship Manager of Autobahn Skoda, but at end she only said that they will communicate with the service centre and conclude. But the outcome have been the same.
I have some hope now after having word with General Manager of Autobahn Skoda. Let’s hope for the best.

Thread Starter #12
I have some hope now after having word with General Manager of Autobahn Skoda. Let’s hope for the best.
Update

Two days back, received an email regarding the rear bumper to be repainted FOC.
So after months of talk, finally decision has been taken.

Note: This time I will be visiting other Autobahn Workshop for completion of FOC work.

Update

Two days back, received an email regarding the rear bumper to be repainted FOC.
So after months of talk, finally decision has been taken.

Note: This time I will be visiting other Autobahn Workshop for completion of FOC work.
[thumbsup] Gautam.
This will help Skoda in building a positive reputation regarding their ASS.
Though they have been little late,but better late than never.

Horror story of skoda india ASS continues, remember untill you wont persue behind them in every possible ways even going through social media they wont nudge into your matters.Good that they have accepted and getting your bumper paint FOC.

Top Bottom