Scorpio M-Hawk SLE - Diamond White Rhino

thank you for the detail. Can you post the interior pics also. like to see roof blower. havent seen that in scorpio yet. How much does it cost?

Need some help.
During pooja, the archak used some sandalwood paste on the vehicle bonnet.
Now, even after 3 days I am not able to remove the paste. Any solutions?

Also, yesterday the M&M guy came for demo. He checked the lock and unlock. It worked. And today, its not working. I manually lock and unlock it.

Also, VMS only says "wear seat belts". No welcome message and other msgs. Not sure whats the problem. Please advice.
Hey White-Rhino , for the paste on bonnet use any shampoo with water and rub it off with a soft cloth it works.

Hmm i am hearing so many stories of this remote locking, its working fine with me.
And the VMS gives Welcome message once in 12 hours.
It would be giving warning for Fuel Reserve, hanbrake on, Brake oil level etc, along with doors any time.

If other VMS are not working then its a 2 min job to reconnect the components under drivers seat.

And regarding the vehicle pulling left again its because of wrong alignment of tyres, incase if you had ordered the car with a specific brand of tyres.

One that comes from the factory doesn't have alignment problem.

I had got Bridgestone Dueler's, You would have got Appollo Hawkz / MRF Wanderer.

Thread Starter #18
Hey White-Rhino , for the paste on bonnet use any shampoo with water and rub it off with a soft cloth it works.

Hmm i am hearing so many stories of this remote locking, its working fine with me.
And the VMS gives Welcome message once in 12 hours.
It would be giving warning for Fuel Reserve, hanbrake on, Brake oil level etc, along with doors any time.

If other VMS are not working then its a 2 min job to reconnect the components under drivers seat.

And regarding the vehicle pulling left again its because of wrong alignment of tyres, incase if you had ordered the car with a specific brand of tyres.

One that comes from the factory doesn't have alignment problem.

I had got Bridgestone Dueler's, You would have got Appollo Hawkz / MRF Wanderer.
Thanks for the explanation. Just now sent the vehicle for Sun film installation at dealer location. I have asked them to fix these little things. I have got BS Dueler's HT 689 tires. The ride quality is very good and has lot of traction.

Some of my decisions were based on your reviews as well. I have gone through your thread numerous times to understand the issues upfront.
No alignment issues for me. Its perfect till now.

Today, One of the Captiva guy hit my right mirror. Luckily i had mirror covered with chrome ones. Not sure what these guys think while coming close to opp vehicle.

Thread Starter #20
Thanks for the info. Need to try this today. Actually, during pooja it was drizzling. Hence the paste seems to be absorbed by the paint. Not sure though.

Thread Starter #22
Second row seats when the sliding is moved completely backwards for more leg room. This is the maximum leg room for second row seats when none of them are using 3rd row seats:
IMG_4040.JPG

Below is the minimum leg room for second row seats when sliding is pulled to the front. This provides some leg room for 3rd row seats:
IMG_4041.JPG

3rd row leg room when second row is pulled to the minimum:
IMG_4044.JPG

Boot space available:
IMG_4049.JPG

Also some space below the 3rd row seats, sufficient for tuck some things during long travels:
IMG_4050.JPG

Hope this helps the space availability in Scorpio 8 seater.

Thread Starter #23
I tried to use Colin with soft cotton cloth. The paste stains are not just going. It looks like being sucked into the paint. It looks ugly with yellow spots on bonnet.

May be I need to take it to some car detailing center.

Thread Starter #25
@2Teja:
Is yours 7 seater or 8 seater? The sliding option is only for 8 seater and not for 7 seater.
I checked myself before booking.

It's a 7 seater, I didn't know that. Also, I remember seeing a 60:40 second row seat arrangment in one of the Scorpio SLE at my dealer's workshop. That one slides and reclines as well. I asked a few advisors but none were aware of such an arrangement. People sitting in the second row of my Scorpio generally complain of uncomfortable sitting posture, saying the seats are fixed upright with not much recline to it. Seems like I have to live with it until next 4-5 years.

Hello naganand, its nice to see the roof AC has been fixed professionally.

What they told in SKS was it would not be safe to fix the roof AC as the gas may leak.
But the work on your hawk has been done professionally.

What was the cost, did they fit it after delivering the vehicle?

And the one the floor, is that also working?

Thread Starter #28
I got it fixed at the dealer showroom before delivery. Checked it working as well before delivery. The 3rd row now gets cool air circulated from 2nd row. And yes, the floor A/C is working pretty fine as well. At least folks from my family are happy with the air blowing.

I checked for complete Dual AC setup and they quoted 27K. It was little too much.
Hence opted for just a Roof Blower.

zengetz

Suspended
Hi Naganand ! Congrats on the buy and your Scorpio looks smashing !
Just couple of things here I would advise.

1. May be minor but go for a full synthetic floor matting under the stock mats that you have. Normally seats are removed and then the whole matting is done. This may take some time but will keep the car very clean and the fabric flooring will not look shabby as time passes by.

2. I see that the rear seat belts have been tucked under. Please bring them back and make sure the rear passengers also wear seat belts.

Enjoy the scorpio buddy !

Thread Starter #30
Thanks for the info. I checked yesterday while taking photos. I will tuck them today for sure.

Question:
I have a 7yr kid and when she put seat belts, the belts cut across her face.
Same for my bro's kid who is 4yrs old.

Any suggestions on this?

Top Bottom