Scorpio Crde 2.6LX Ownership and ACS Experience

Thread Starter #1
Writing with the inspiration from Avindu, I felt am also in your same line. This is rajan mathew from Ahmedabad. I was also having Maruti 800 and bikes and it was a dream to have Scorpio, But never thought that I could bring by dream realised in such short time. Since new one is not fit to my pocket and several attempt to get a good condition used scorpio failed, I allmost cancelled my plan and thought will buy only new one once my pocket is full. is there man propose God dispose comes. One of my close friend had a well maintained Single handed Scorpio and he was very passionate to maintain the machine. Some time I jocked him to dispose the same as its 3yr old now and go for Hawk fully loaded. his machine was 2007 Crde Lx but nicely well maintained, all radial tyres with wide 16 size and leather upholstary. after 6-7months of my suggestion he made a plan to switch to new machine and he has put the old machine to sell in market. being a freind he did not wanted to sell me becuase in future if anything goes wrong our relation may spoil but I was adament. I strike a deal and finally I got position by 20/12/2011

another dream was to travel to kerala by road, but sweet wife was never agreed to do that as we have two kids 5yrs old and 1.5 yrd pld and she afraid to take out such long journey. but when we have travelled almost 4months in city and near by in our proude Scorpio and the comfort she enjoyed she finally agreed to fullfill my dream. My another freind who just got new Xylo also was dreaming for a long journey and finally we both started from Ahmedabad to Kerala in two separate vehicles.
It was fantastic experiance we have gone via Pune, banglore belgam, salem, Coibatore, Valayar, Kottayam. on return via goa to ahmedabad

we have even travelled to Velankanni from kottayam so almost 6500 km travelled.

Service and mainatince .
before we start I have get Scorpio serviced at ACS Punjab Auto, ahmedabad. Unfortunatly joint start has broken on my route to keral and I have replaced the same at ACS, kottayam. ACS kottayam saying joint star broken becuase there was no greecing

Now servicing experiance at ACS, I feel it is overcharged and cheating to non techinal people. I will put my total expense chart as of now and u may feel that some of the expenses are just made out by ACS. what you people openion about servicing Scorpio outside ACS ??? is its safe ? Scorpio is made to serve only at ACS? is that much hiend machine this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #2
Regarding my expenses at ACS on this Scorpio is

1)
KMS date
67949 06/04/11

Oil Change - maxmile Crown 6 Ltr- 1185.540
Collent 2 ltr- 279.120
Catrige Oil filter -179.220
Hose bypass connection- 185.6
hose clip air clearn 3 pcs 195.00
assy hose radiator : 487.32
assy hose radiator - 495.63
seal thremostar- 65.23
BDE wiper frt with 2 pcs -651.26
Copper washer - 38.35

Labour

Engine care autoff 600.00
door trim R & R 150
Eng ofd frep 150
leacakge r & r - 200

Total 4862.270 + taxes 707.73 = 5570

2)
07/04/11- Tyre allignemnet, balancing 1100.00

3) 16/04/11- Joint star replacement 4157.00

4)
KMS date
76276 06/06/11

Oil change Maxmile premium 6 ltr 1271.460
Oil filter replacement 179.790
deasel filter replacement 1484.350
Collant topup- 139.560
under body coating - 2500.00
front brake pad kit - 3895.23
relay head lamp for ac - 327.630
copper washer - 38.350
labour
paid service : 800
engine care 700
break pad replace 375.00
blowe motor service 350.00

taxes 1618.930

Total 13680.300

5) LHS fender repaire and colour : 6550+ taxes 674.650 = 7224.650

Now sr No. 4, some discrepancies in their billing, Now I seriously thinking to get my Scorpio serviced at FNG only not at and ACS. hope other members can contribute their points on the same please

Also it is the time to change all 4 tyres. currently it has 16' BF HT radial. which one best and suitable for Scorpio. pls advise

Thanks for the detailed review rmathewsin. I would really appreciate if you put in some pics of your ride too.

350Z

Core Team
You have done a great job to compile the maintenance cost details of the Scorp. Now could you please share the ownership experience coupled with a few pictures? We’re eagerly looking forward to it. And congratulations, again! [thumbsup]

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #7
You have done a great job to compile the maintenance cost details of the Scorp. Now could you please share the ownership experience coupled with a few pictures? We’re eagerly looking forward to it. And congratulations, again! [thumbsup]

Drive Safe,
350Z
Sure I will upload few pictures shortly. i am looking forward to have suggestions of members whether my current association/maintaince at ACS is going on right way or it is overpriced. what abt getting to FNG. can scorpio can get it FNG instead of ACS or it should be strictly adhere to ACS expertise?

Thread Starter #8
THANKS AKASH,. WILL DO SHORTLY

meantime. time has come to change tyres. presently has 16' BS HT. pls have your comments for new set pls . any comments on MRF wander? prefe to Yokoa or BS or any other input

rajan, good to see your ownership thread and your detailed information of costs involved.
Yes i was at panchvati auto yesterday as i had told you to get my indica serviced, and have already talked with abdulbhai for your scorpio.Will pm you his contact details.do let me know if you want any further assistance regarding their servicing.They deal in every car available though being authorised maruti service station.So dont worry.
Pictures please of your ride.

Thread Starter #10
here is snaps of my Scorpio. am still awaiting for your recemondations on tyre. my dealer recomend Michllen too. pls advisw which will be best one Michelle, Bridgstone, MRF wander or Yokomo??

Attachments

Thanks for posting the pictures , your car looks to be in good condition. Tyres still have some 2k KMS life left.

And coming to the choice of tyres if your running is going to be on bad roads most of times go ahead with MRF or Bridgestone. Or else if your car will run on smooth tarmac most of the times go ahead with Michelin or Yoko because these are soft compound tyres which give a comfortable ride with minimal road and tyre noise. These tyres will wear out even sooner if driven on bad roads.

Hey Rajan,
Congrats once again. The car looks in excellent condition and you deserve a pat on the back for maintaining it so well. However, I personally dint like the bull-bar. You may want to consider upgrading to a newer design [;)].

The service costs are almost similar to mine w.r.t the engine oil, diesel filter, coolant and the other common things. However, why would it cost 1100/- for tyre alignment and balancing? (or was that a typo). Good to know that you have got the under-chassis anti-rust coating done as well and you have certainly paid a lot less that what I did.

Just a request. Please post more pictures of the alloys. They seemed to look good.

Btw, are you using a 255/65/R16? My personal set of preferences for the tyres.

1. Yokohama Geolander A/T - if you like doing some off-roading
2. Bridgestone Duelers H/T - mine are still stock tyres and they can easily run for another 10K (So, thats approx. 75K kms)
3. Michelin LTX A/T - The design of these tyres, simply look awesome
4. Goodyear Wrangler - for offroading and good looks
5. MRF Wanderers

Last edited:
Hello Rajan: The underbody of Scorpio has been maintained well, did you go for Underboady Coating?
And the stellar joint looks to be new, was that the replaced part during your recent trip.
How much have you spent on those coatings.

Thread Starter #14
Thanks Cooldaya, r u sure my tyres still can go another 2k? 1st photo is front tyre which has more wear out and 2nd photo is rear tyre which is less wear out. Steppiny tyre is untouched. if another 2k it can go then good. one of the back tyre has alreaady got 2 puncture and 1 cut. front tyre also some cut due to recent road leveling work is going on near to my home. regarding road condition here in Ahmedabad it is excelent every where only issue on while gon for long drive which happens 2-3 times in year. considering the new set may long as another 60k means 3-4yrs more to come . regarding MRF dealers saying less sale. most people has posetive openion on Bridge stone. As per your view Michleen and yokomo are soft one, I will not go for the same.

dear Avindu, thans for your comments, regarding wheel balancing it is my error. they have done just minor only allignment, so cost is less I have get chase under coating just 2weeks back from ACS costed 2.5k. tyre size am using 235/16' bridgstone HT. sorry for typo error 255. regarding tyre choise most of the openion goes towards Bridgstone HT.. yokomo people says soft tyre. considering SUV and different level of road comes. need to make a good selection. still checking various options. regarding expenses I beleive ACS is overcharging. now am considering next service at FNG instead of ACS let us see. how it would be differ. thanks for all your appreciation. yes Scorpio was my a big dream for long and once I got it I prefer to keep well mainatined. my car is a part of my life.and am too passionate on the same.

thanks Mukeshbhai, I have got undercoating done at ACS at 2.5k. joint star replaced during my last trip. from there I have learned that we must greecing all undechase nipples. here in Ahmedabad ACS do not agree Crde should have greecing. but if we check there are nipples given for chasing so it is recomnded to have greecing done. if the greecing done timely, I could have avoided breaking for joint star and avoid cost of aprx 5k.

one more thing once monsoor end, need to do wheel servicing, means greecing, wheel joints and break ....etc. I have checked with FNG do now but he said after mansoon only. so will do that once monsoon ends.

before that I prefer to get a waxing/coating on body too.

Top Bottom