Scorpio 100,000km Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
Experience: My Scorpio and family have completed a years of great enjoyment. So far so good as possibly one can see from the pictures attached! Lots of long trips, Ooty, Chennai, Mysore,kerala etc and a whole lot of town usage because this is my preferred daily drive vehicle. Enjoyed several trips with friends here and there carrying some luggage - amazing storage space provided one packs things carefully in the rear.

Positives: First class quality. Comfy. Enjoyable to drive (especially the Turbo Whine and responsiveness of the engine). Decent brakes. Low maintenance ,just to iron out a few niggle

General: The vehicle has proven itself to me as Mahindra usually does, yet again in terms of its "indestructible reliability and solidity". Even today I am in receipt of several extremely reasonable offers from the "pre-owned" marketplace - which goes to show the enormous respect that a well-kept Scorpio can earn for itself! No unhappy rattles and other irritating niggles which normally begin to beast a One Year old vehicle.

Tyres: Tyres etc in perfect condition as I habitually rotate them every 5000Km and check their pressure every time I fill Diesel. I use only Air - never Nitrogen.

FE: Normal Diesel is being used. Fuel Efficiency overall has been around 15 in the city and 17-18 on highways.

Seats etc: No problem with comfort in general - as always better to be strapped in otherwise it can chuck you around a bit while at speed in the hills and twisty roads. I find however as the primary driver that I benefit a lot from an extra back cushion which helps my lower back on long drives.

Servicing:iam servicing my vehicle in m&m authorised dealers.

Engine Oil/Gear Oil etc: Always stick to the recommended types and change as per regulation. Gears are smooth .

Clutch: scorpio clutch is nice i replaced my clutch at last service of my scorpio.it lasts for 100,000kms. However I have changed it and they adjusted to play a little. It is absolutely smooth and peaceful now. Best is to use the torquey engine in first/ second gear when in traffic- with one's foot completely off the clutch. Atleast one is reasonably sure it wont burn out easily.

Power Steering: No troubles at all so far.

Battery: No troubles so far. It is checked and topped up average once a 4months.I have changed my battery 2 years back.

Suspension/Body: No troubles at all with the suspension, ride quality, shocks etc. No Body troubles so far too.however there is a decrese in body height,as it has done 100,000kms. we have done full suspension over haul at the last service.
Overall:All in all, I am proudly stating here that I am glad I chose the Scorpio over all the other Jeep-ish SUV-ish options available to me at the budget.

I am extremely pleased and a happy customer of Mahindra - continued association over many years - and if things go on like this, I am happy to continue for a longer time as their customer.

Am very glad to have this vehicle and so is my Dad and mom.

Attachments

Congratulations for completing 1 lk km [clap]. Scorpio is indeed very refined vehicle. Seems like photos took was during initial period of purchase. Scorpio looks new sparkling.

FE: Normal Diesel is being used. Fuel Efficiency overall has been around 15 in the city and 17-18 on highways.
15 during city drive is very good [surprise]. Whats the avg speed maintained ?

350Z

Core Team
That was a straight from the heart review, Sandeep. Your love and passion for this SUV clearly shows in the write up and the pictures. Congratulations. It’s one of the nicely kept Scorpios I have come across. Keep posting about it and also share more images.

Drive Safe,
350Z

For some reason I like scorpio :)
good job mate.

do you know how much a used one will cost .. with decent ks on clock. i need to gift my dad one of those. I'll buy him a Merc when he comes here but till then

Congratulations Sandeep on completing the magical figure. Kudos to you, for maintaining the car so well. Few questions :

1. Which model and year is it?
2. What brand are the alloys and tyres? I liked the alloys, from the first picture but not very clear. Please do post more pictures.
3. How do you manage to get 15 kmpl? Please do share your techniques
4. What is the average running of the car, per month?

Thread Starter #13
we have bought this car on 30.3.2005.it has been 6 years .we bought this car as brand new...

alloy-DRAG RACING ALLOYS,tyres bridge stone dueler h/t..

Thread Starter #14
Accelerate steadily, brake gradually. Plan your trip, pace your speed and avoid roads with heavy traffic. Sudden bursts of speed can prove to be harmful, and costly.
Rolling in neutral saves 15-20 cc of fuel. Ensure perfect wheel balance and you can cover up to 20% of your distance in neutral.
Wrong tyre pressure is a drain on fuel.increase 2psi on both front and rear tyres than recommended.
Excessive cooling increases fuel consumption. Switch off the AC when it's not needed. Keep the refrigerant topped up. Get the AC checked regularly.
shift to 5th gear only when u touch 60km/hr..
Take your foot off the clutch pedal if you're not shifting gears. And when you do use it, remember to depress it completely.
Accessories such as roof carriers and bumper extensions drag down fuel efficiency.
When stuck in traffic, turn off the engine thus, conserving fuel.do not accelerate above 100km/hr.just keep your top speed as 100km/hr when u are on highway..

Top Bottom