Scooty Fuel Filter

Thread Starter #1
Is anyone here running a simple inline fuel filter on their Scooty? I'm looking to install one on my TVS Streak, but concerned about compromising fuel supply to the carburetor since there's no fuel pump to force fuel through the filter (at least, not that I can see).

Open to other thoughts/ideas as well. I'd like to keep the carb cleaner for longer.
190273233.jpg

deville_56

Honoured Member
Is anyone here running a simple inline fuel filter on their Scooty? I'm looking to install one on my TVS Streak, but concerned about compromising fuel supply to the carburetor since there's no fuel pump to force fuel through the filter (at least, not that I can see).

Open to other thoughts/ideas as well. I'd like to keep the carb cleaner for longer.
View attachment 286656
I am using on Kinetic and carb FZ-16. No issues with fuel flow unless clogged badly. Indeed many non-Fi bikes of 90s and 00s came with factory fitted ones, Hero Honda, Bajaj, LML, TVS, etc. They are generically called Hero Honda filters. You can still buy OE part from Bajaj.

View attachment 286656
Try Iftex to clean your system.
Most carburettors have a bowl at the bottom to collect the dirt. Get that cleaned on a regular basis

Thread Starter #4
Try Iftex to clean your system.
Most carburettors have a bowl at the bottom to collect the dirt. Get that cleaned on a regular basis
Thanks for the tip on Iftex!

I rebuild the carb (or have it rebuilt) as part of periodic maintenance to keep it clean, but feel like it's getting fouled way too often, and bad fuel is likely the culprit. Hence prevention > cure.

Top Bottom