Scoop! Tata Q501 Spotted in Range Rover Discovery Guise

Thread Starter #16
Re: Range Rover Discovery New Base Version Spied?

What a catch @Autospy! :biggrin:

If this is the upcoming Tata SUV, then Autospy sirji; you have dropped the nuclear bomb of auto scooping for 2017.
Then I Need Award Sir ji[:)][:D]

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Then I Need Award Sir ji
You my bud are perhaps the 1st person in TAI to have been awarded so early and that's because of your great efforts in catching the test mules. Now, more awards to you will be given on the day when you spot a Swift testing in Bugatti disguise i.e body-shell of it with a maybe a 1.5/1.6 L unit under hood.

I wish you keep up your good work and do keep providing us with the wonderful scoops always. All the best bud![clap]

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #18

You my bud are perhaps the 1st person in TAI to have been awarded so early and that's because of your great efforts in catching the test mules. Now, more awards to you will be given on the day when you spot a Swift testing in Bugatti disguise i.e body-shell of it with a maybe a 1.5/1.6 L unit under hood.

I wish you keep up your good work and do keep providing us with the wonderful scoops always. All the best bud![clap]

Regards

Akash
Akash,

Thank you very much for this words, I was not aware that I got this award so early. Actually I spotted white range rover discovery many times from last 4-5 months but I was thinking it must be discovery sport only but when I took picture and seen on the desktop then I felt something is interesting here.

anyways yesterday spotted XMA 4x4 Hexa in blue colour already mention in hexa thread. but no photos :(

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Actually I spotted white range rover discovery many times from last 4-5 months but I was thinking it must be discovery sport only but when I took picture and seen on the desktop then I felt something is interesting here.
Bud, Keep an eye on this one as well as the others too. Specially, AMT Tiago & Nexon.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #20
Re: Nexon: Tata Motors Compact SUV Based on X1 Platform

its reported that Tata Motors is working on two new SUVs based on LandRover platform, which are Q501-5seater & Q502-7seater.

The Discovery sport & Evoque are based on the same platform -LR-MS, is loosely based on the Ford EUCD platform as per the wikipedia!

So i guess we could find soon an Evoque too testing in the same lines for Q501?[thinking]
Insane Turbo Your guess is absolutely right and Bang on...Yesterday I have spotted Evoque testing with single exhaust with stunning alloy wheels. Car had batches of range rover but Steering was of Tata Motors. Tyres looks thinner than actual evoque tyres.
Seats was premium and dash board was all messed up with wiring's. may be attached some testing equipment's.

BUT I MUST SAY " TATA DOING GREAT JOB " When I saw this vehicle I was feeling very proud for this Indian Evoque. :)
My feeling may be in this Geneva Auto show they will showcase both Q501 and Q502.

Now we can confirm that Q501 is 5 seater with Evoque Platform
and Q502 is 7 Seater with Discovery sport platform. no surprise if Q503 also comes with Vogue platform [;)]

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Akash1886

Honoured Member

BUT I MUST SAY " TATA DOING GREAT JOB " When I saw this vehicle I was feeling very proud for this Indian Evoque. Now we can confirm that Q501 is 5 seater with Evoque Platform and Q502 is 7 Seater with Discovery sport platform.
Buddy, you spotted it again today? Excellent One there! So, as I guessed, its Q502 only.

Regards

Akash

Insane Turbo Your guess is absolutely right and Bang on...Yesterday I have spotted Evoque testing with single exhaust with stunning alloy wheels. Car had batches of range rover but Steering was of Tata Motors. Tyres looks thinner than actual evoque tyres.
Seats was premium and dash board was all messed up with wiring's. may be attached some testing equipment's.

BUT I MUST SAY " TATA DOING GREAT JOB " When I saw this vehicle I was feeling very proud for this Indian Evoque. :)
My feeling may be in this Geneva Auto show they will showcase both Q501 and Q502.

Now we can confirm that Q501 is 5 seater with Evoque Platform
and Q502 is 7 Seater with Discovery sport platform. no surprise if Q503 also comes with Vogue platform [;)]
Good job autospy[clap]
I would like to see dual exhaust pipe.why only one here[cry]

Initial testing phase you dont need to be full on details. Lets not forget, the design is also going to change.
I think this is a wolf in sheep clothes. Though they are using the same body of Discovery and Evoque, they finally will completely re-skin them to make them look completely different from the original parents. Why will they take a risk to screw up the parent company's image?

I think this is a wolf in sheep clothes. Though they are using the same body of Discovery and Evoque, they finally will completely re-skin them to make them look completely different from the original parents. Why will they take a risk to screw up the parent company's image?
Well i remember reading that Tata motors brought the depricated discovery platform and will spawn the new offering under tata motors badge. At that point in time when the platform migration was happening i had read that tata motors officials quoting that the new tata car will look 85% like the original one.

So on that note i guess the car may look pretty much the original discovery/freelander, baring the few front air dam design, alloy designs, few changes here and there.

that is my take on this.

Top Bottom