San Storm: Is it Cheap and Best Convertible in India?

Hey this is a great looking car.

@type_r
All cars are not meant for practicality. It will be a looker if seen on road. I have not seen any yet.

Thread Starter #18

350Z

Core Team
@350Z

i think it is the most impractical car ever
only 2 seats and the design aint all that great!
engine is not so good either but yes it can improved drastically if San uses some brains
They used the brains and as a result we see this affordable convertible in India. Unfortunately, It seems they aren't much serious about their product as I told in some other thread. Also, The engine part needs some improvement. The small engine by french car maker tends to heat up easily.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Its cannot be termed as a bad car.Its just company should update the car and do some marketing and advertising work since not many people know abt this car.

Yes San Storm is really a nice weekend car!

Companies like TATA can easily take over this & give a life to them & a change for us too :)

Great thought but i would like any other company other than tata to take over. With TATA the quality will degrade.

Come on Akash!

If not TATA nobody will even consider it.

So only i mentioned TATA.

You cant expect VW, Maruti or Hyundai to take over!

Thread Starter #24

350Z

Core Team
The matter is that quality levels of car are not up to the mark currently, So we can expect some improvements overall if some brand acquires it. Also a brand new engine should be for sure.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hey Storm is a great and affordable convertible, All it needs it -

• Good Marketing/Promotion
  • Upgraded Engine
  • Minor Facelift
  • Improvement in Dealer network
  • Brand Image
[:)]

And most important is the promotion. Most of people dont even know that india has its own convertible car at an affordable price.

my views: i love san storm when it comes to looks. although engine is a little underpowered yet it makes for fun driving experience. the car is not practical and is mostly for sunday drives, show-off, or for rich college students. although after sales service and quality are a major let down, and that is why the price tag is not justified. looking at the price tag swift is what comes to ones mind and thats where the san storm looses even more because the japs have so finely tuned the swift and raised the bar so high that even companies like fiat are struggling to compete. so although i love the san storm it wont find a place in my garage.

i would love to see a swift convertible model out in the market. that would be a killer machine.

Thats completely true. I think company should seriously think of some connvertible model of Swift, but then its price would be real high if the customisation (ie modded covertible Swift) is launched by Maruti. There are some people who deal in conversions into convertibles and they do it beautifully. I once read a review of a Swift convertible in ACI long back. It looked gorgeous.

OT- Glad to hear from you Hummer Freak after such a long time. You were quite active in TAI earlier.

i agree cost will be higher but atleast we'll get value for money car and service and reliability of maruti. and anyday normal swift with a roof also is more fun to drive than any car even twice its price.

OT- yeah akash i'm staying in hostel now where i dont have net connection. hopefully will be back in action soon.

Top Bottom