San Storm: Is it Cheap and Best Convertible in India?

i agree cost will be higher but atleast we'll get value for money car and service and reliability of maruti. and anyday normal swift with a roof also is more fun to drive than any car even twice its price.

OT- yeah akash i'm staying in hostel now where i dont have net connection. hopefully will be back in action soon.
Thats quite true. Till then we have the option of conversion.
OT- we will be waiting for you.

Looks like there are a lot of Swift fans!!
But a Swift with the top cut off will lose a lot of the stiffness, and then you can say good-bye to the fun factor in the ride.
Unless the vehicle is designed from ground-up as a convertible, the ride and handling will never be there.

But a Swift with the top cut off will lose a lot of the stiffness, and then you can say good-bye to the fun factor in the ride.
Unless the vehicle is designed from ground-up as a convertible, the ride and handling will never be there.
so why convertible BMWs, Mercs and Maserati are great handlers?
convertible swift will look good but not practicle, the car which comes from factory is better to remained as-is.

i agree. the chasis will need to be rebuilt to suit the open top.

so why convertible BMWs, Mercs and Maserati are great handlers?
convertible swift will look good but not practicle, the car which comes from factory is better to remained as-is.
that is because most of these cars are not just chopped roof versions of their full body versions but are designed separately as convertibles. latest example is the new 370z. the convertible version of the car can do the same speeds as the coupe because it has a different chasis with a lower center of gravity and different aerodynamically designed body.
and yes about the practicality part of swift convertible, i agree convertibles are not very practical in indian climatic conditions.

San Storm in India

It is a 2006 model and hence has the architecture from that time. San Motors have brought out a face lifted model with clear lens head lamps, new alloy design and also a rear spoiler for company. Inspite of its age, the San Storm in India is a classic.

AMG

Suspended
I too love the car, but I have a small grudge against it(which is good, i use this small grudge to control my heart ;-)

And that is

The lack of a hard top

Thread Starter #37

350Z

Core Team
Years have passed since I last attempted to access the San Storm website. I did it again with some expecations, but still continue getting the boring Under Maintenance Message. This confirms that makers of Storm have went under a long hibernation break, which nobody knows if it will ever end or another talented car of India will eventually die up because of being in poor hands. Only hope that some responsible Indian auto manufacturer initiates to take over this beautiful project that does have some scope in India.

The lack of a hard top
Assume that you mean a hardtop convertible?

Drive Safe,
350Z

^

The cloth roof is a downer.
Yes agree with you 100%. Soft top cars look and feel cheap. Even though they do suffice for protection from rain etc. they are not good. So the bottomline is that San Storm is an impractical, maintenance thirsty rich dad's gift for their wonderful kids.

Years have passed since I last attempted to access the San Storm website. I did it again with some expecations, but still continue getting the boring Under Maintenance Message. This confirms that makers of Storm have went under a long hibernation break, which nobody knows if it will ever end or another talented car of India will eventually die up because of being in poor hands. Only hope that some responsible Indian auto manufacturer initiates to take over this beautiful project that does have some scope in India.

Assume that you mean a hardtop convertible?

Drive Safe,
350Z
I have actually visited the site. Not the website but the actual manufacturing site. It's in Goa. Actually it's it's in the Verna Industrial Estate and just a couple of minutes walk from my unit. The plant is just running on a skeleton staff. They gave me a tour. Production is stopped because the Renault engine cannot meet the emission norms. They have a prototype with a Peugeot engine will is undergoing testing and they hope to launch it soon. They also had a hardtop version of the car called the San Streak. Sadly it did not pass the ARAI tests and was never sold.

Thread Starter #41

350Z

Core Team
I have actually visited the site. Not the website but the actual manufacturing site. It's in Goa. Actually it's it's in the Verna Industrial Estate and just a couple of minutes walk from my unit. The plant is just running on a skeleton staff. They gave me a tour. Production is stopped because the Renault engine cannot meet the emission norms. They have a prototype with a Peugeot engine will is undergoing testing and they hope to launch it soon. They also had a hardtop version of the car called the San Streak. Sadly it did not pass the ARAI tests and was never sold.
Nice piece of information, Peter. Do you have pictures of San Streak and their manufacturing unit?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom