Samsung Galaxy S Series Smartphone Discussions and Experiences

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Out !

lol the Mobile wars will never end! Samsung & Apple vying for a bigger share of the market & then slapping lawsuits for patents infringement. The latest sickening thing from Apple is they are asking the court in US for a Temporary injunction on the sale of Samsung S3 as it has Android which according to apple infringes their patents.

Apple has lost it & they clearly know Samsung is going to be a clear winner without much hassle with their no frills phone & free for all Android software on their phone from google. I am not an Apple basher nor a Samsung fan boy. I will use a phone as long as it fits my budget & doesn't restrict what I want to use & how without saying you can't get this or you can't use this on the phone..... Just my thoughts

Ok guys i had a chance to check both the phones, it was Galaxy S2 and IP4.

Which one would i go for , definitely i would go for IP4.

The things i didn't like was the time taken by S2 to search for Wifi and connectivity issues.

GPS took ages to lock, where as in IP4, click it and go.

Even the Samsung browser lacks the clarity and zoom option pixelates.

Loading time in S2 was more, and there was an error playing the video.

So Galaxy series is not my cup of tea.

23-DSC06280.JPG

22-DSC06279.JPG

20-DSC06277.JPG

02-DSC06254.JPG
Screen remained Pixelated even after refreshing several times.
05-DSC06257.JPG

Last edited:
Thread Starter #18

iphone 4 and samsung galaxy S2 they are both okay but now outdated phones . Unless you have both Jailbroken/Rooted .

I'd always pick up android over iOS for several reasons

Now iam a apple user I have iPad 2 and MacBook air but when it comes to phones I don't want a iPhone and android phones are not my cup of tea I use windows phone 7 extremely easy to use will pick Nokia 900 once it is launched in India.

@codename, we can't say that S2 is outdated. I is still getting up with other phones.
@Raja, better you wait for the Pureview Lumia series.

Thread Starter #21

@codename, we can't say that S2 is outdated. I is still getting up with other phones.
@Raja, better you wait for the Pureview Lumia series.
I know its not , but for us it is. There are new phones out here in past 6 months that includes HTC one X , Samsung galaxy S3 etc etc

Anybody from our forum using the S3? if yes please give a brief review,thanks on advance

Anybody from our forum using the S3? if yes please give a brief review,thanks in advance

Thread Starter #25

I am using Samsung Galaxy S3 from quiet a while now . got it the first day when it was launched.
I also did a review on this forum earlier.

Also bought on sunday HTC one X after selling iphone 4 , my brother had it and he was sick of using iPhone .

I'll post review after I receive it.

Me too bought a galaxy S3 recently(2 days ago),i am using first time a phone outside nokia,and i can only say that this phone is real quick,smart and not much of a hassle,even for a person like me.I am not able to write a review because i don't know much,but it is a real good phone and its worth the money we pay for it.

Folks 'whatsapp' on my S3 works great on wifi but does not work on the 2g gprs (always on) connection - any clue on how to get it working ?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Folks 'whatsapp' on my S3 works great on wifi but does not work on the 2g gprs (always on) connection - any clue on how to get it working ?
it should work just fine. have you tried restarting the device ? when it does not work ,switch off the data and enable it again.

^^ tried restarting switching off and on data - multiple restarts but no matter what it does not work on 2g gprs(everything else works) - on wifi it works fine baffling me..i am with Idea currently

^^ tried restarting switching off and on data - multiple restarts but no matter what it does not work on 2g gprs(everything else works) - on wifi it works fine baffling me..i am with Idea currently
What happened Iron rock sir?

I couldn't understand this[confused].

Top Bottom