Samsung Champ C3303 Rocks!

Thread Starter #1

lxi.

Suspended
When I was in Class 7th, I got a phone! (I know its too early, But, just for games!). It was the Nokia 2220 Slide worth Rs.2800. Then used that one for 2 years.
Then After the Finals, Thought to get a new phone now. I am big and in Class 9, Toh ek phone toh banta hai boss!. Thought to plant the bomb (Telling Dad for a new phone) on the Result day!

Hurray! Pappu Pass Ho Gaya!

I was so happy (Got 87% and was 4th in the class). Dad was Happy. We were coming back on the City. Speed was 130kmph as there was an empty long stretch. I said dad that now I need a new phone, He said the silly reply- "Kyu, Ye phone toh chalta hi hai!". Then he said that he doesnt have Vitamin M (money) with him now. He said "Abhi 5000 hai, Bad me khud kamana toh kharchna (Spend karna)!". I said Okay and we rushed home. Then, The story was told to the whole family and it was decided that we are going at 5:30pm to buy the CELL!

Thought about searching the net for a phone. Checked "phonearena.com" and found that SAMSUNG CHAMP was really nice and enough for a child in 9th class. That was final! Checked the price- was 4000. Then I thought "Ek hazaar bacha ke kya karna?". Then Had a look at the Samsung Genoa but didnt felt it VFM.

Then, At 5:30pm, Sat in Alto and the car was punctured. Spent some Half an hour repairing it. Then reached shop at 6pm. The shopkeeper said that the Champ is available at Rs.4000. Finalised it. Now, the colour. The shopkeeper had white and black only. Since white was difficult to maintain and looked like China set (No offence). Then had to settle for Black.

The Phone was finalised.
Samsung Champ C3303.
Colour- Deep Black.
Price- Rs.4010

The Quick Specifications are-

Screen- 2.4 inch Touchscreen (Resistive i.e. Can use a Stylus also)
Speakers- 2 Speakers at the Front.
Camera - 0.3 MP (Crappy at night)
SIM- Single SIM card.
Memory- 30mb.
Expandable memory- 8GB (Got 1 GB free sandisk memory card with the phone)
GPS enabled.
Mobile Tracker Enabled.
Social Networking Sites (there were seven)
Bluetooth
Bluetooth Messenger.
Dictionary (English)

Thats All and enough for a Rs.4000 Phone.
Its been a Year (Almost) since i bought this phone and still it works fine.

HERE ARE SOME OBSERVATIONS-

Body- The body is small (Easy to keep in pocket) and durable, IMO. Have dropped it several times on the staircase at home and then also, no Cracks, just the battery and Rear Panel Comes off! On the outside, Its screen fits the front of the phone, There are volume buttons on the left and Lock button on the right. The rear displays a SAMSUNG and a small tiny puny nano sized camera! Looks are actually boring[frustration]

Battery life- The battery life is quite enough for hearing a whole lot of songs. It is some 6-7 hrs (Not sure, Just assuming) which i feel is aqequate.

Touch Xperience- The resistive touchscreen is a very handy thing, no need of pressing the buttons on cany bar/querty phones (Tak-tak). The response is good as per my observation as didnt had a touchscreen before. When we scroll down a long message, it sometimes stops responding and recovers automatically after sometime.

Gaming- Bad Bad Very Bad. Only one game for this phone. Oh samsung! There is only Samsung Pro cricket full game on phone. There are others but all are trial versions.

Camera- CRAP. Period!

Video Recording- Super CRAP. Period.

Sound Quality- The best part in the phone. Even louder than the Sony Xperia Mini. This is because of the 2 Speakers in the phone. One above the screen, one just below the screen. Would Rate it 5 out of 5. The audio quality in earphones is super brilliant. Crystal Clear Loud Sound. Have to decrease the volume to 9 sometimes, as my ear starts crying for help! On Calls, The voice is quite good and clear.

Screen size- It is too small for a touch screen. But while comparing to the phones I had before- (Nokia 6070, 2220, even 1200,X201) it is the largest.

Brightness- It is Very bright I feel. The brightness can be adjusted from 1 to 5. I keep it to one as it saves some battery.

Repairs- Have had only one time. Some virus got in the phone (Through mem. card) and the touchscreen didnt respond. Got it done for free at samsung service centre.

I am currently using AIRtel Sim Card with my phone.

Nice multimedia phone.

After I got back home, Holding the box in my hand to show off to other family members. Came to know that not all were happy with it-

Bro- Had the Nokia X201 at that time and said my phone is the best. Hehe.
Mom- Liked the technology and colour.
Dad- Didnt liked the colour and said the Screen was too small.(I know, it is)

Overall Rating for the phone- 4/5[clap]
If any of you reading this thread on your screen can ask anything or enquire about the phone.

Cheers.

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Nice review. Probably the most detailed one of a mobile phone on our forum. Would you like to share some pictures?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #3

lxi.

Suspended
Yes yes, For sure. Actually I dont have any pics now (I cant click pics of my phone with my own phone[:)]). Will post tommorow.
Shocked to see that there are not many phone reviews in the gadgets section!
Cheers.

Thread Starter #5

lxi.

Suspended
Is there any site on the internet which allows free antivirus download for my phone? Please give the Link. I am feeling that a virus has entered again. The mobile Light goes off anytime and then comes back to action!

Thread Starter #6

lxi.

Suspended
@350z, Here is a photoshoot done.[:)]
Hope you like the pics. Sorry for the quality, Clicked from Crappy camera of Nokia X201[frustration].

I just opened the box after months and saw some DUST collected.

Photo0128.jpg

Arre bhai izzat ka sawaal hai! Cleaned it!

Photo0129.jpg

The specifications (As behind the box)

Photo0130.jpg

The Earphones- (Really loud!)

Photo0131.jpg

The Phone Cover (Came in the box!)-

Photo0132.jpg

Here comes the ASLI HEERO CHAMP C3303-

Photo0133.jpg

A pic to show you the screen size- (2.4 inches)

Photo0134.jpg

The Front View-

Photo0135.jpg

The Rear view-

Photo0136.jpg

A closer look at the camera and the Lock Button-

Photo0137.jpg

A look at the Side buttons (Volume Rocker)-

Photo0138.jpg

The Credit for the clear voice of the phone goes to 2nd SPEAKER!-

Photo0139.jpg

A look at the First speaker-

Photo0140.jpg

As I said too much about the BRIGHTNESS of the phone-
Here are 2 pics to prove-

The Screen at Brightness Level 1-

Photo0141.jpg

Woah! Kya baat! The Screen at Brightness Level 5-

Photo0142.jpg

Also Got the phone laminated (Both Back and Front) forJust Rs.30!

Cheers.

Thread Starter #7

lxi.

Suspended
Guys, Can anyone help me. I want to add some antivirus to my phone and some softwares. Can anyone suggest a good site on the internet which allows free download?

Will appreciate your Help!

Thread Starter #9

lxi.

Suspended
But After All , Mobile is also a Gadget yaar which we all use daily.

I want to add some antivirus to my phone and some softwares. Can you suggest a good site on the internet which allows free download?

No offense but the champ is a good phone only if you need a touch screen at cheap price.

If touch screen was your only criteria then its fine but for allround vfm component for 5k you could have got the SE CEDAR.
Apart from that if 3g was not your requirement you could have Gone for the nokia 5233.

With that you could have got a bigger screen, multiple video playback compatibility and also a lot of "free" apps.
But if just for the cool quotient the champ would suffice.

Thread Starter #12

lxi.

Suspended
No offense but the champ is a good phone only if you need a touch screen at cheap price.

If touch screen was your only criteria then its fine but for allround vfm component for 5k you could have got the SE CEDAR.
Apart from that if 3g was not your requirement you could have Gone for the nokia 5233.

With that you could have got a bigger screen, multiple video playback compatibility and also a lot of "free" apps.
But if just for the cool quotient the champ would suffice.
Yes, I was interested in touchscreens (We didnt have any at that time!) but since the budget was low, only this could fall in the list!
Was mainly tilted towards Nokia and Samsung. No Sony Ericson's.(No offence)
The nokia 5233 is available for Rs.6700 here. So, could not fit in my budget, If i had rs.7000 budget,Then i would have gone for the Nokia C3.
Cheers.

Thanks For the links buddy. I have downloaded Kaspersky and Currently using it on my phone.

Yes, I was interested in touchscreens (We didnt have any at that time!) but since the budget was low, only this could fall in the list!
Was mainly tilted towards Nokia and Samsung. No Sony Ericson's.(No offence)
The nokia 5233 is available for Rs.6700 here. So, could not fit in my budget, If i had rs.7000 budget,Then i would have gone for the Nokia C3.
Cheers.

Thanks For the links buddy. I have downloaded Kaspersky and Currently using it on my phone.

no offense buddy[:)] with discussions one gets educated about the current trends,prices, etc.

in 2010 when i bought my nokia C5-00 i was told that nokia 5230 cost about 6700. so 5233 being a non 3g phone it should be cheaper than 6700.

maybe higher dollar rates has something to do with the current prices.

Thread Starter #14

lxi.

Suspended
Yes, I also think so! The shop from where I bought the phone also showed me a White 5233 and the price written in the box was Rs.6800!
This was Correct One Year ago!

Top Bottom