Same Parts Compatible To Different Maruti Suzuki Cars

Thread Starter #31
There are four wires in the tachometer:

Red-To ACC positive(starts with key only), Black - Negative Earthed, Blue-Signal, Yellow-Back Light.

The back light illumination is from the parking lights, when the parking lights are turned on the rpm meter lights up.

Just add a fuse in the positive wiring.Just add a 30 amp fuse.I have one in mine.

Last edited:
Great ! thanks for the precious advice @jarpickle @varun560001, will do as directed and keep you posted as well (Fingers crossed)

Engine of M800 Type 1 is a direct fit in Omni, but gearbox wont fit as Omni is rear wheel drive.

Brake shoes of Zen type1 & M800 Type1 also are same.

Thread Starter #35
The engines are a bit different internally.The omni engine revs differently.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #37
I have heard, that using the lifters from the omni helps the 800.But I think it is a trial and error method.None of my friends believe that it actually helps [thumbsdown] So never got the lifters changed.

Changing the cam will change the intake and exhaust durations and the entire engine needs to be tuned accordingly.

I need to change the clutch plates in My esteem New model(85 BHP).Is there any difference with the clutch of earlier models?or clutch plates for all esteems are same? any improvement in performance possible by any type of clutch upgrade ?(As per my knowledge,old swift petrol and my esteem engine are same.Any swap possible?)

Last edited:
Thread Starter #39
If you modify the engine to increase power only then do you need to upgrade the clutch.The upgraded clutch would be stage 1 stage 2 stage 3 etc depending on the power the engine makes.You will have to upgrade the flywheel as well.

If you are changing the clutch for the first time, go with MGP,Daikin(exedy now) or Asco (aisin).

Change your flywheel if the teeth on the flywheels are worn out.

Jarpickle: Thanks for that info, I thought whole engine was a direct fit as I heard it somewhere.

Will the steel rim of WagonR (13" black OEM paint) fit in Type1 800, as one of my known person is trying to do that. I dont know the PCD of that Wagon R wheel, also are all the 12" rims in Maruti brand of same PCD?

Thread Starter #41
Not sure about the interchanging of wheels.The old and new 800's 12 inch wheels are direct fits.The old 800 and Van have the same wheels.So I think the new Van would be compatible too.The 12inch from the zen's should fit too.I remember one friend telling me not to get them because they bend easily.

The 13 inch ones you should stay away from, they tend to mess the drive on the our indian 800's.The original ss80 on the other hand can handle 13inch wheels because of suspension similar to the zen and avoids bent wheels because of the higher clearance with the wheel arches.

Last edited:
Will the steel rim of WagonR (13" black OEM paint) fit in Type1 800, as one of my known person is trying to do that. I dont know the PCD of that Wagon R wheel, also are all the 12" rims in Maruti brand of same PCD?
If you need 13" wheels just get the old Esteem's or Zen's (old) its a direct fit.
I guess Wagonr's wont fits its 100 pcd, ours 112 pcd sorry if I have mistaken.

I have seen many type 1 800's running on 13" esteem rims.

I too was thinking of going for Black rims for my car, so thought of buying those WagonR steel rims as they are black in colour. Good that me & my friend will stay away from this idea.

That will be a costlier option than buying black rims & OEM paint on rims will last longer than the one we spray. I dont know much about powder coating, I will google however now.

OT: Are Type 1 rims still available? Are type 1 rims stronger than newer steel rims?

Top Bottom