Same Parts Compatible To Different Maruti Suzuki Cars

Thread Starter #1
This is a new thread to discuss what parts and accessories that are meant for one model can be used by another model.

There are a lot of common parts and accessories across the different Maruti models.

For instance the coil spring rear suspension was first introduced in the Zen while the 800 came with leaf spring rear suspension.A Visit to the local junk yard and you could outfit your 800 with the Zen's rear suspension.All at a throw away price.Then Maruti decided to offer in on the later model 800's as well.

Similarly a lot of suspension parts like lower arms and balance rods from the Zen's were used because of the sturdier and stiffer construction.

From the accessories the center console from the Alto, tachometer from the 3 cylinder A-star.The Ritz' tachometer can be used in other 4 cylinder models like the Esteem,Estillo Etc.

Please share your knowledge and own use of parts from other models in your cars.

Manufacturers can only build a car, it's upto us enthusiasts to make our cars better. So share on people.[drive]

Thread Starter #2
Re: Compatible Parts And Accessories Across Different Maruti Models

I have been using the A-star tachometer and the zen's rear suspension in my car for 2 years now.

Many other parts which can fit into different models..

Break Pads - Same for 800,alto,zen
IRVM - Zen/Alto can be fit in 800
Air Filter - Zen / 800 Carb engines.
Ignition/ Sparkplug cords - 800 / Omni

Many more, I will recall and post it here..

Thread Starter #4

That would be great.

Please keep posting.

A lot of times parts are not available for a particular model and this will help people getting their cars back on the road without a lot of modifications.

I have also heard that Swift water nozzles near the wiper fit the esteem, i have already bought them just waiting to install them, The advantage is that the swift nozzle sprays two streams of water in each nozzle as against only one per nozzle in Esteem models, I shall paste pics after installation

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #6

That would be great @RPM2500

Forgot this, the swift one (wiper wash nozzles) even fits in 800, I have already got it.

Alto's clutch plate (clutch assembly too) will fit in to 800 5 speed one ..

Thread Starter #8

The swifts nozzles are on the bonnet right?

Thread Starter #10

@Varun:Alright, won't be helpful for us type 1 fellows :p

@TheLibran: Started this thread with the intention to help people better their cars and get them running ASAP.A lot of times stocks are not available for a certain model and sometimes some compatible parts help increase stability, this thread should be helpful in those situations.

Last edited:

I have been using the A-star tachometer and the zen's rear suspension in my car for 2 years now.
@Jarpickle how much did the A-Star tacho cost you i believe its around 1300/- as i read it on some thread here? and also please help me where you procured it from.... would love to have it on the my Esteem

You can get it in Essar motors, next to Urvashi Theater Lal Bhag road..

I have got it from there, may be you need to order for it.

Thread Starter #14

@RPM2500:The A-star tachometer is not for you.Certainly will not work with your Esteem

The Esteem is a 4-cylinder car, the A-star on the other hand is a 3-cylinder car like the M800.

You need to a tachometer for the Ritz which is also a 4-cylinder car and it will be compatible with your 4-cylinder Esteem.

I ordered the tachometer from the MGP distributor in Mumbai.You should be able to get it an MGP parts dealer/distributor.

Oops ! [surprise]what a terrible mistake it would be thanks @Jarpicckle
btw how much did you pay for the Ritz Tacho ?

Top Bottom