Same Parts Compatible To Different Maruti Suzuki Cars

Thread Starter #46
Yes, they are.Have new ones on mine.I got them painted.The paint is chipping off.Next overhaul, will get them power coated.

That will be a costlier option than buying black rims & OEM paint on rims will last longer than the one we spray. I dont know much about powder coating, I will google however now.

OT: Are Type 1 rims still available? Are type 1 rims stronger than newer steel rims?
SS80 My friend's uncle has a powder coating shop, lemme ask him how much it costs and get back to you

Thread Starter #49
Btw, I have seen wagon R wheels with the black powder coat or paint fading from the center and in patches around the other wheels.

So company coating isnt that great.You have to do some aftermarket treatment for most things even if they are new.Quality control is non existant here.

If you modify the engine to increase power only then do you need to upgrade the clutch.The upgraded clutch would be stage 1 stage 2 stage 3 etc depending on the power the engine makes.You will have to upgrade the flywheel as well.

If you are changing the clutch for the first time, go with MGP,Daikin(exedy now) or Asco (aisin).

Change your flywheel if the teeth on the flywheels are worn out.

I'm using [PCH Valeos Clutch set+ MGP Fly Wheel+ MGP Releaser Bearing] bought in Hyderabad in Dec 2011 @ Rs 1300+Rs 750+Rs 650 for my M800, for the past 20K kms, since I couldn't source an ASCO one due to Tsunami in Japan at that time.

Mech said I might see a jerking after 5K km with Valeo. But here was the difference :
PCH Valeo, Maroon colored packing is an OE for Hyundai, was Made in Korea and difficult to source one for M800, was really a feather touch, my mech got shocked after instanllation. The normal Valeo in green packing (I guess it was Made in Japan (Pl. dont mistake me, Japanese spares are even the best in quality) on the other hand might jerk after 5K kms.
After 20K kms with PCH Valeo its 50% hard now with my bad half clutch driving coz of less leg room in M800.

My knees had a very bad experience before this Clutch upgrade and later I got Power Brake (on my dented car:-)).

Last edited:

Top Bottom