Safety Tips to Drive Foggy Season

Following the taillamps doesnt mean that you just follow the the front car blindly. Its just a trick to remain on road in case of heavy fog. It doesnt mean you close all your senses and follow where ever the front car leads you to.
Also keeping an eye on the road ends too helps you to track your position and ensures that you arent driving in sentre or on extreme end.

350Z

Core Team
The Image below is taken randomly from Internet, It should help to provide an idea of current foggy weather in Delhi;

Drive Safe,
350Z

@350Z- You refreshed my memories of my visit. Similar kind of fog situation was there on 8th afternoon too.

350Z

Core Team
What will cycler do? No rear lamp, no front lamp.. Its really tough.
Yes, It is difficult for cyclists on road and frankly, They make our drives difficult as well because you never know from where one pops-up!

A separate lane for 2 wheelers should do the trick.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #36
Yes, It is difficult for cyclists on road and frankly, They make our drives difficult as well because you never know from where one pops-up!

Drive Safe,
350Z
I agree. Cyclist and Pedestrian should have separate lane.

Following the taillamps doesnt mean that you just follow the the front car blindly. Its just a trick to remain on road in case of heavy fog. It doesnt mean you close all your senses and follow where ever the front car leads you to.
Also keeping an eye on the road ends too helps you to track your position and ensures that you arent driving in sentre or on extreme end.
:agree:

BTW my 4th-century achieved,regret to be offtopic.

The only lamps these cyclists have are their eyes. If they dont ride carefully then they will surely create problems for themselves as well as other 4wheeler drivers.

Drive Safe,
350Z
:agree: totally,government should take measures for that, it will reduce many severe road accidents during foggy season

Me too agree with RSM and 350Z regarding the use of indicators ... I think they should be used to the primary purpose only.
Most cars today are equipped with a fog lamp for rear visibility anyways ... and you have the tail lamps too ...
But then, to each his own.

Was reading thru the thread "What to do if car is not starting! " and was reminded of a very important warning to be added to this thread.
When you get out of the car, be sure to have switched off your headlights!!
When I was working in Gurgaon, on foggy days, the office parking lot was invariably filled with a couple of cars with drained batteries ... having left the headlamps on while parking, and dead by the end of office hours!!

yeah..i've seen that many people leave the headlights etc of their cars open.But suppose if battery is discharged, It can be charged again.

And what to do to remove mist from windows?

And what to do to remove mist from windows?
I think you can read thru the earlier posts ... but to reiterate ... Warm (not hot!!) air in recirculation mode, with the a/c switch on, and the air flow directed to the w/s.

Top Bottom