Safety Tips For Women Who Drive at Night

Thread Starter #1
Women Drivers are very sensitive while they are driving. Here I am sharing some important tips for women who drive at night. Specially women have to consider that never drive alone. If you must drive alone at night, take special care to keep yourself safe.

* When driving, keep your doors locked and keep the windows either closed or mostly closed so a potential attacker could not reach in and get to you or to the door's unlock button.
* When you leave the car, set the alarm if you have a security system or use an anti-theft device.
* When choosing a parking space, look for a well-lit area near the building's entrance. Don't park next to large vehicles, windowless vans, vehicles with tinted windows, or trucks with caps. Never leave your car unlocked, thieves rob unlocked vehicles and can easily steal them.

Driving at night can be a risky activity, but with some planning and careful vigilance, you can increase your chances of avoiding being the victim of a crime.

hmm..good tips but i have one big advice. NEVER keep your purse on co driver seat or on dashboard!!

hmm..good tips but i have one big advice. NEVER keep your purse on co driver seat or on dashboard!!
+1, and this advice must be taken by every driver. Always keep things like mobile phone, cameras, purse etc inside the glove box. Keeping them on seats or on dash attracts the attention of thieves.

One more thing which I feel is always choose the safest path while driving. Never look for any short cuts just because to reduce the distance. [:)]
Its better to drive on main roads. Sounds stupid???

One more thing which I feel is always choose the safest path while driving. Never look for any short cuts just because to reduce the distance. [:)]
Its better to drive on main roads. Sounds stupid???
Defiantly not, it is actually a good practice to take a proper route rather than taking shortcuts which are often a good spot for the unscrupulous persons to spot their prey.

Thread Starter #8
Guys make sure your trusted person has written identification details such as the make, models and year of your car, your license plate number, and a physical description of you including what clothing you have on.

Some nice and useful trips above. Also once me and my friend had to walk at mid night , we kept a deo spray and a lighter just for safety purpose.

Its not very safe but can be useful in an emergency.

bhvm

Honoured Member
this is an old thread, but I'd like to add, always check headlights, breake lights, indicators etc before a night drive. women rarely are seen checking the car.

this is an old thread, but I'd like to add, always check headlights, breake lights, indicators etc before a night drive. women rarely are seen checking the car.
I would like to add one more point. Irrespective of whether the driver is male or female, he/she should preferably not take a break during overnight journey especially if it is a solo drive.
There have been many instances wherein depending on the place/hotel you take a break, the car you are driving, there are goons who tend to follow your vehicle in hot pursuit only to corner you and rob you off your valuables.
In such scenario, the driver is advised not to panic by drifting to the road corner as it gives the goons a wonderful opportunity to corner you. Instead keep driving along the middle of the road thereby not giving them an opportunity to corner you.
Remember the vehicles that the goons have are usually battered and bruised unlike our vehicles. So even if they start chasing you and if you follow the above procedure, there is every likelihood of thoose goons giving up the chase.

Always make sure she is driving a healthy car.

Drive with the windows rolled up and use sunshades on the door glasses and Wear a jacket and a Cap. This makes a woman to be very safe in her night drives.

Top Bottom