S.U.V Confusion (Bought Hyundai Santa-Fe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hi guys. I currently own a Chevrolet Cruze , a hyundai verna(2007) and a ford figo. Now i am planning to purchase an SUV along with these.
Willing to spend around 30 Lakhs on my new purchase.
The car would be driven both by my father and me, and we both love driving.
It would be used both on some very good highways as well as occasional city runs.
It should be a 4WD. We wont go mud plugging or anything like that, but it should be decent enough to handle some abuse.
Strictly a diesel is required.
we are a family of three but travel a lot, so it can be a five seater but should carry our luggage fairly.
My father has recently returned from Middle east where he was driving some fantastic machines like Dodge charger, Nissan patrol etc. So he would like our car to be rich on features and fair amount of presence.

I am based in Meerut , Uttar pradesh which is around 60 Kms from NOIDA and Delhi, so After sales service is also not a problem.

willing to buy in a week only.
Thanx in advance[:)]

Re: S.U.V confusion

Hi Aviral, welcome to TAI.

Based on your budget you can go for Koleos(Renault).

It can be a good option.

Also you can look at Santa Fe, though heard that leg space in the middle row is bit cramped.

Fortuner is a good SUV, a new facelift has been recently launched at Auto Expo by Toyota.
It has some added features in the new version.

Nissan X trail or Mitsubishi Outlander should suit your style and requirements.

Fortuner do not offer comfort and features that you are looking for.

Santa Fe is somehow missing that punch required for an SUV

Nissan X trail or Mitsubishi Outlander should suit your style and requirements.

Fortuner do not offer comfort and features that you are looking for.

Santa Fe is somehow missing that punch required for an SUV
Autosafari his requirement is strictly diesel, so Outlander is ruled out.

Thread Starter #6

thanks for such a quick response guys.
Well, i dont like renault brand much, though it is a very reputed brand abroad but its new in india. So no koleos for me.
Fortuner and Endeavour both are based on Hi-lux and the Ranger pick ups ( We saw lot of them in middle east and used to laugh at there SUV cousins) But i really like the Endy.
Please rule out pajero, i wont pay 25 lakhs just for the name and a 15 year old design!

Captiva is an all time 4wd without manual lock for the differential , correct me if i am wrong.
My father likes the X-Trail , but i feel the interior is just too basic and bland for such a car.
In the end we are left with santa fe which ticks all my requirements.
BUT IS IT WISE TO PAY 27 lakhs for a Hyundai?!( not a serious problem at all though)
Coz its a pretty nice solid car, had a Tucson couple of years ago, a flop but a very nice vehicle.

In the end I am confused between the Endy 3.0 and the Santa fe AT 4wd.
can someone tell me about that X1.
I mean should i stretch my budget and get that?

X1 will be a joke with BMW badge considering your preferences as seen in the previous post.

X3 should be worth considering.

thanks for such a quick response guys.
Well, i dont like renault brand much, though it is a very reputed brand abroad but its new in india. So no koleos for me.
Fortuner and Endeavour both are based on Hi-lux and the Ranger pick ups ( We saw lot of them in middle east and used to laugh at there SUV cousins) But i really like the Endy.
Please rule out pajero, i wont pay 25 lakhs just for the name and a 15 year old design!

Captiva is an all time 4wd without manual lock for the differential , correct me if i am wrong.
My father likes the X-Trail , but i feel the interior is just too basic and bland for such a car.
In the end we are left with santa fe which ticks all my requirements.
BUT IS IT WISE TO PAY 27 lakhs for a Hyundai?!( not a serious problem at all though)
Coz its a pretty nice solid car, had a Tucson couple of years ago, a flop but a very nice vehicle.

In the end I am confused between the Endy 3.0 and the Santa fe AT 4wd.
can someone tell me about that X1.
I mean should i stretch my budget and get that?
Hey buddy , I hope you are aware of Endeavour having Leaf springs as suspension, the one sitting in back will be thrown on bad roads, also The engine noise is higher.
So beware of this.

Santa Fe or X1 would be a great choice.

Thread Starter #10

Hey buddy , I hope you are aware of Endeavour having Leaf springs as suspension, the one sitting in back will be thrown on bad roads, also The engine noise is higher.
So beware of this.

Santa Fe or X1 would be a great choice.
Yes i know about the leaf spring thing, i guess the fortuner also has them, plus both of them have got drum brakes.
So am left with santa fe only.
I dont know if it has a manual diff. lock or not.

Hello Aviral,welcome on-board..
Its great to see that you also belong to the 'revolutionary land of Meerut' or UP15 we say..:biggrin:

About SUV,if you want an SUV then simply throw away the name of Santa-Fe from your list,if you people drive yourself,then why don't you try out the Yeti(My favorite)else go on for a Fortuner or maybe an Endy(Its great that both Orchid Ford and Grand Toyota are at the same place so you can check both of then on one go)..

Thread Starter #12

Hello Aviral,welcome on-board..
Its great to see that you also belong to the 'revolutionary land of Meerut' or UP15 we say..:biggrin:

About SUV,if you want an SUV then simply throw away the name of Santa-Fe from your list,if you people drive yourself,then why don't you try out the Yeti(My favorite)else go on for a Fortuner or maybe an Endy(Its great that both Orchid Ford and Grand Toyota are at the same place so you can check both of then on one go)..
Cheers bro.![:D] UP 15 ! \m/
where are u located in meerut? Lets meet up someday.

No yeti for me, i took a test drive, felt a bit sluggish + cramped.
It is a good car, but personally i dont like it.
Grand toyota has an old fortuner (2011 model) and they dont even know about the new one.[surprise]
Endeavour is just feeling short on its equipment levels. I mean u pay 25 lakh and u dont even get a freakin Driver's height adjust !!

Except for that hyundai batch, i dont find anything bad in the santa fe.

If you can wait for sometime, then think about the Jeep.

Fiat is bringing Grand Cherokee to India and the top model should be within your budget.

if you want dady of sub within 30L nothing beat pajero in 4x4 area.
Santa Fe is like AWD but better options like you can give even power to wheel when needed.

Thread Starter #15

If you can wait for sometime, then think about the Jeep.

Fiat is bringing Grand Cherokee to India and the top model should be within your budget.
I cant wait, moreover the cherokee would be way beyond my budger, coz the SRT 8 ( the top model) is priced around 38 lakhs in Dubai, so yet again india would get a terrific machine at an exorbitant price![frustration]

if you want dady of sub within 30L nothing beat pajero in 4x4 area.
Santa Fe is like AWD but better options like you can give even power to wheel when needed.
I already mentioned i dont intend serious off roading with my ride, and if i did i would never put my money on the paj.
Yea santa fe is AWD and i guess i would be able to take us to Ladakh or Spiti or any place like that .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom