Ruby Princess of Czech - Skoda Laura L&K Comes Home

Your clutch must be gone for sure,its just the Flywheel which is saving you,its a bad risk you are taking!The clutch mite shatter & leave you stranded also giving you a bigger repair bill!!!!.
Your clutch must feel hard as a rock to press no doubt.
My Octavia mk1 has done 1 Lakh + on the Stock Clutch. And i have seen guys in Briskoda who have taken the Octavia's stock clutches to about 1.5L - 2.5 L kms. It is very much impossible in our driving Conditions. But with a good use of clutch i think it can do well till 1-1.5 L in India.

And before the Clutch fails, there should be some slipping and loss of power which should be taken seriously. In short, if you are not getting the FE you used to get,the clutch might be at the end of the life.

Jeno

My Octavia mk1 has done 1 Lakh + on the Stock Clutch. And i have seen guys in Briskoda who have taken the Octavia's stock clutches to about 1.5L - 2.5 L kms. It is very much impossible in our driving Conditions. But with a good use of clutch i think it can do well till 1-1.5 L in India.

And before the Clutch fails, there should be some slipping and loss of power which should be taken seriously. In short, if you are not getting the FE you used to get,the clutch might be at the end of the life.

Jeno
Well i know its a bit OT but anyways.

I use to use a Octavi Rider for some time & its still one of my fav cars to drive except for rear visibility which is use less. Gem of an engine & that 90Bhp seems like a low figure is a joke considering how the car pulls. I remember taking it to 180km/hr on BIA road & one friend in the car was so impressed that he bought a used one later(which he later totaled with near fatal,also a week after insurance lapse).I would keep one hand on the center armrest & zip around.Yes i agree its a lovely car but the parts & service are a joke.

I remember reading your review long ago,i was impressed how you took it to a recommended mechanic & mended things out(if i remember right you bought it used & parts were listed on a paper & you posted the pics).Now when i give my honest opinion,its just that a "honest opinion" from the experience from the Skoda Octavias & Lauras in our group(no Superbs or Yetis),there is still an Old RS with my friend which gathers dust now(too many problems really unfortunate for him).

Now giving the benefit of the doubt as you said driving style but then 1 lakh kms is something i never heard of in India so you have engaged the clutch a minimum of lets say 5 x 1 lakh km, Thats an achievement which easily 90% of the Skoda drivers wont achieve or get close. My friend test drove a used Octavia which had a tampered odo claimed stock clutch,seemed like clutch was from a jeep he told me.

Now these cars produce a good load of power & just like in my friends Chevy Cruz(a powerful diesel again) which had a clutch failure it can lead to a chain reaction of bills. I had suggested him to change the clutch since it was hard & could feel shuddering sometimes. He did not give me details when it happened,guess he was annoyed. But best save yourself the trouble.Its a machine with mechanical parts & they have limits .

Last edited:

Top Bottom