Royal Enfield's Bullet Classic

Hey cooldhaya, I've seen the very same comparison between Bullet and Karizma in autocar india too!

Thread Starter #35

350Z

Core Team
Royal Enfield to go pricier!

Royal Enfield bikes in India will get expensive from April 2010 when the new emission norms come into effect. The company is currently actively working on upgrading its models according to the new BS III And BS IV norms. “Most definitely the new bikes will be expensive. The new engines will be of a different caliber and that will make them expensive," Eicher Motors Managing Director and CEO Siddhartha Lal. However, he did not divulge any further details about the quantum of hike or the prospective date of hike. Currently, a Royal Enfield bike costs Rs. 1 lakh in India. Courtesy: CTI

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #37

350Z

Core Team
Royal Enfield Bookings Closed!

*Update*

After receiving “Royal” bookings of 2,000 units for Enfield Classic 350, the bullet maker has temporarily closed booking for this year due to demand and supply problems. However, Enfield Classic 500 can be still booked but be ready for approx. 6 month long waitlist period.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #39

350Z

Core Team
It is even more than Royal Enfield would have ever expected in India because currently they produce only 300 units of each model.

Drive Safe,
350Z

WOW! Good to know that they are doing good. But sad to see the very low figures which made them to close the booking. But this is expected from aa model which still needs a lot of manual work!

Yeah Royal Enfield never would have thought it would get such a good response from the Indian market!! They got it wrong by setting only 300 units of each models!!

Thread Starter #42

350Z

Core Team
I guess it is first time Bullet has seen a sudden jump of sales in India, otherwise only a handful of enthusiasts prefer these touring bikes.

Drive Safe,
350Z

You are right Vibhor. The major reasons could be:

1. Over all change in the 'bike-ride' concept
2. The macho and matured look [;)]
3. Riding comfort! Best suited for weekend and family trips
4. Most important: disposable income for the new generation.

You are right Vibhor. The major reasons could be:

1. Over all change in the 'bike-ride' concept
2. The macho and matured look [;)]
3. Riding comfort! Best suited for weekend and family trips
4. Most important: disposable income for the new generation.
Am not so sure about the "family" part.
Long bike trips are best without a pillion!!

i somehow dont like bullets... guys, dont pounce on me for this!

i hate the sound (its no H-D), the vibrations, the looks, absence of creature comforts, low quality, maintainence issues & almost everything about the bike.

P.S. : yes, i am the same guy who hates the RX100! atleast bullets sound better that the screamy RX!

Top Bottom