Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350X or Bajaj Dominar 400?

Alone, agreed that Bajaj has compromised on quality for its commuter bikes but Dominar is another story. Its a premium bike and having good reviews and has good quality overall. Bajaj itself manufactures KTM bikes also and even manufactures engine for lower cc KTMs and higher cc Bajaj twins so I don't think quality should be a concern. FZ25 is also good but no match to Dominar in power and is 250cc (vs 400cc) so altogether a different segment. Suzuki might also launch 300cc Gixxer in future so you might wait for it.

Thread Starter #17
Alone, agreed that Bajaj has compromised on quality for its commuter bikes but Dominar is another story. Its a premium bike and having good reviews and has good quality overall. Bajaj itself manufactures KTM bikes also and even manufactures engine for lower cc KTMs and higher cc Bajaj twins so I don't think quality should be a concern. FZ25 is also good but no match to Dominar in power and is 250cc (vs 400cc) so altogether a different segment. Suzuki might also launch 300cc Gixxer in future so you might wait for it.
After discussing with some current and past owners of RE (Classic 350, Bullet 350, TB 350) the outcome is NO RE bikes ANYMORE.

100% of owners ( colleagues, friends, relative) all told the same points. All negatives.

So no more even thinking of any RE models.

RE : Blacklisted!

============================================

Now left with two options.

1: FZ 25 with duel ABS. ( May be I need to wait till April , 2019 for this :( )

Why :

1: Light weight so easy to maneuver/handle.
2: Trust on quality.
3: Very good engine.

Problem :

1: No touring accessories available from 3rd party vendors.
2: Weak headlight.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Dominar 400 ABS.

Why :

1: Whatever I need , it offers all.
2: 3rd party vendors supports touring accessories.
3: Engine from KTM 390.

Problem :

1: Feels heavy for me as my 1st bike in life ( I am 6 ft., 45 years, 78 Kg.).
2: Not time tested ( as it his will be my first and last bike I want to ensure the quality and as Bajaj as Indian company I am bit concerned on the QC.)

I am planning to buy in Diwali if all goes as per plan.
=================================================

Can some experts advice which of the following company produce best quality touring accessories for Dominar 400?

Carbon Racing,
Lluvia,
Zana
Sahyadri

I would pick the Dominar. Although I agree with the weight issue (I came from a Duke 390 and that feels like paperweight in front of the Dominar), I liked the low end torque.

I had the FZ25 for a few weeks with me and it still has a long way to be an option that would be enticing.

Many new bikes are coming up this new season -
BMW GS 310R
KTM 390 Adventure
Hero XPluse
Bajaj N300 (rumoured)
Kawasaki Ninja 300 (100% localised)
Activa 7G by Honda [lol]

I'm quite excited for all these and many more launches making 2 wheeler segment more competitive.
I'm looking into adventure bikes for future.

Thread Starter #20
Many new bikes are coming up this new season -
BMW GS 310R
KTM 390 Adventure
Hero XPluse
Bajaj N300 (rumoured)
Kawasaki Ninja 300 (100% localised)
Activa 7G by Honda [lol]

I'm quite excited for all these and many more launches making 2 wheeler segment more competitive.
I'm looking into adventure bikes for future.
Add Avanger 400 here.

By the way ...Honda makeing us fool?? 5G ..7 G....[evil][frustration]

Top Bottom