Royal Enfield has inaugurated its exclusive Local Assembly Unit and CKD facility in Nepal in collaboration with Triveni Group. It also setup a CKD facility in Brazil in 2022: Royal Enfield Inaugurates CKD Facility in Brazil.
- Located in Birgunj, the new facility is Royal Enfield’s fifth CKD assembly unit in the world after Brazil, Thailand, Colombia and Argentina, in addition to its ancillary facilities located in Tamil Nadu, India.
- Pre-pandemic the motorcycle segment in Nepal was nearly 1.7 million units per year, with almost 60%-65% of that being motorcycles sold in the >150cc premium segment.
- With the market expected to grow at 10%-15% in upcoming years, Royal Enfield believes that the trend of premiumization of motorcycles will only increase in the country.
- This local assembly unit in Birgunj has an assembly capacity of 20,000 units per year. It is a state-of-the- art, modern facility spread across 1,00,000 sq.ft that will cater to growing demand in Nepal.
- To begin with, the facility will assemble the new Classic 350 and the Scram 411. Royal Enfield also aims to expand retail network from 18 currently, to 35 touchpoints across 30 cities, over the next year.