Route Help: Gwalior - Vadodara - Trimbak

Thread Starter #1
This is a 2 part trip. First destination is Vadodara. Will halt there for a day and then continue to Trimbak.

Part 1 - Gwalior to Vadodara
Route 1 - Gwalior - Shivpuri - Guna - Bioara - Ujjain - Jhabua - Godhra - Vadodara -> Guna-Biaora section was horrible 3-4 years back. Also dont know how safe Jhabua section is.

Route 2 - Gwalior - Shivpuri - Baran - Kota - Chittorgarh - Nimbahera - Pratapgarh - Banswara - Limkheda - Godhra - Vadodara -> I am familiar with Gwalior- Kota section. It was good till last year. I have query regarding after Chittorgarh, its shorter than Route 3. How are roads compared to Chittorgarh - Udaipur - Vadodara ?

Route 3 - Gwalior - Shivpuri - Baran - Kota - Chittorgarh - Udaipur - Modasa - Godhra - Vadodara -> after Chittorgarh, 50 kms Longer than Route 2. Will follow this only if roads are really really good.

Part 2 - Vadodara to Trimbak
Route - Vadodara - Bharuch - Surat - Navsari - Valsad - Kasa - Trimbak -> Is this okay?

Thread Starter #2
Slight correction -
We'll be going to Nashik instead of Trimbak.
Modified Route -> Valsad - Atul - Nana Pondha - Karanjali - Nashik -> How are the roads on this route? Is any other route recommended?

Route 3 is good.
In route 2 Nimbhera Pratapgad section is horrible.
In Route 3 the Udaipur bypass is pain with single lane and trucks all over it. The speed humps are car breaker. Uptil Modasa there was road widening work in progress. The diversions are well marked, hence nothing to worry.

I would suggest to take Route 3.

Thread Starter #4
Thank you for your reply.

In route 2 Nimbhera Pratapgad section is horrible.
So that is out of consideration.

In Route 3 the Udaipur bypass is pain with single lane and trucks all over it. The speed humps are car breaker. Uptil Modasa there was road widening work in progress.
So it is not in excellent condition either. That is a bummer.

The diversions are well marked, hence nothing to worry. I would suggest to take Route 3.
So according to you, out of 2 & 3, Route 3 is better.

Actually I forgot to mention the mileage of each route in my post. Route 1 is the shortest at 810 kms whereas Route 3 is the longest at 966 kms. Need to compare Route 1 & Route 3 now, then I'll finalize.

Thread Starter #5
Another option that Google suggests is -
Gwalior - Shivpuri - Kota - Neemuch - Mandsaur - Pratapgarh - Banswara - Godhra - Vadodara -> Gwalior - Kota is good. Kota - Neemuch is a SH and was not in a very good condition 3 years back. Neemuch - Mandsaur is Excellent. Any idea about Mandsaur - Pratapgarh - Banswara - Godhra?

Top Bottom