Road Trips Down Memory Lane: Snapshot

Thread Starter #33
Lives get flooded with moments. Sharing some of those beautiful moments could help grow the memories which otherwise might very well fade away.

Kallimali View Point :

If you are in Munnar, a drive through Poopara- Rajakumari will take you to Rajakkad. This view point is at about 3 km away from this small town. If you are driving down towards Kochi, you can take the Kunchithanni-Adimali route from Rajakkad.

Kallimali 1.jpg

kallimali 2.jpg

Thread Starter #34
Munnar -Poopara via Gap-Road

The Munnar-Poopara stretch via Gap Road is a treat with great opportunities to spend some quality time behind lens. If you haven’t been there already, it is a must visit stretch. A few kilometers from Poopara, you are actually in Thekkady.

Some pictures [;)]

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Thread Starter #35
Top-Station @ Munnar

Had been to Munnar multiple times but never visited “Top station” all these years. It was this July the I drove up to the top-station with family. Beautiful roads all the way from Munnar town. Its around 30 odd kilometers from Munnar town. It was slightly drizzling and not so great for photography.

DSC_1101.jpg

It was around 5.00-5.30 pm or so if I remember correctly, when we reached top station. The relaxed uphill climb ended with stunning views of Theni valley across the Kerala border. It was getting dark by then. I parked the Scorpy quickly and ran down to the point, after buying the entrance ticket to capture the stunning views in the available light.

DSC_1103.jpg

DSC_1126.jpg

DSC_1117.jpg

DSC_1127.jpg

Nice Photos. Good skills behind the DSLR.
How you made the white border on these photos? Did you use any software tools?
What resolution you use to capture those photos?

Thread Starter #37
Nice Photos. Good skills behind the DSLR.
How you made the white border on these photos? Did you use any software tools?
What resolution you use to capture those photos?
Thanks, long way to go though.[:)]
Mostly shoot RAW and post processing done on Lightroom.

Thread Starter #38
Majestic "Mandu" :

Mandav, better known amongst locals as “Mandu”, is a ruined city of Dhar district of Madhya Pradesh.

It was in July/2015 that I drove with family to Indore from Kerala. My brother had just moved to Indore from Mumbai. In Indore, we had reserved a day for a quick escape from the hassle of city and work. “Mandu” was an immediate choice and it was more of a get-together rather than a serious exploration at the destination.
DSC_2878-2.jpg

Getting there:
Mandu is about 100 km from Indore via NH-3 and then the Dhar-Mandav road. On the NH-3 at Manpur, we took a right turn towards Mandu. Soon we were driving along some beautiful village roads. The entire area was pleasantly green and thinly forested. We loved the setting. It would have been nicer, had our visit been a bit later after some more downpour. Though it was not a great day for photography being dark and cloudy, we had a great time being together in such a lovely natural setting.
DSC_2846.jpg
DSC_2876.jpg

Know more about Mandu here :
LINK 1
LINK 2
LINK 3

Thread Starter #39
The Darwazas:
DSC_2881.jpg

The wall encompassing Mandu has 12 major gates or darwazas. The present road, through which Mandu is reached passes through many of these.

Since we started late, by the time we reached Mandu, we were hungry and had an early lunch in an MPTDC restaurant just before the town.

Roopmati's Pavilion:
DSC_2933.jpg
Mandu has a number of palaces, tombs, monuments and mosques, of which we thought of spending more time around Rani Roopmati Palace. The town, as I was told, is testament to the love and romance between Prince Baz Bahadur and Rani Roopmati. As soon as we reached, we were greeted with some stunning architectural beauty in original form.
DSC_2902.jpg
According to Malwa legends, the music-loving Baz Bahadur built it to persuade a beautiful Hindu singer, Rupmati, to move here from her home on the plains. The love story is a subject of Malwa folk songs – not least because of its tragic ending. Lured by tales of Rupmati’s beauty, Akbar marched on the fort and Baz Bahadur fled, leaving his lover to poison herself.
DSC_2920.jpg
DSC_2974.jpg
We drove back from Rupmati Palace and parked our cars in front of Ashrafi Mahal.

Ashrafi Mahal:
DSC_3024.jpg

The Ashrafi mahal is located opposite of Jami masjid, in the main market. Know more about Ashrafi Mahal here and here
DSC_3033.jpg
Jami Masjid is seen opposite to Ashrafi Mahal with the market in between.
DSC_3031.jpg

Jami Masjid:
DSC_2991-2.jpg
Jami Masjid is situated at the tableland of the Mandu and hold a prosperous history of the place and of the Islam in the prior days. Jami Masjid was built by the rulers of Ghauri dynasty. The complicated marble work and its huge size will definitely give you the scope to uncover the mysterious past. Jami Masjid remains quiet and restful as it is not a historical monument only. It was once a place for thousands of worshipers is now nothing but bears history. The large area depicts the capacity of accommodating a hefty amount of worshipers. In Jami Masjid there are small chambers which were used for various reasons. The domes that are place are the hallmark of Afghan architecture.
DSC_3009.jpg
DSC_3023.jpg
Know more about Jami Masjid here and here.
DSC_3014.jpg

Jahaz Mahal:
DSC_3036.jpg
The Jahaz Mahal was a palace that was built between man-made lakes. It gave the illusion of a floating palace and hence the name was given. Built by Sultan Ghiyathuddin Khilji, it was meant for all the women, including his queens, their staff and the concubines. Memoirs recovered mention that there were roughly 15,000 women who were kept here!
DSC_3041.jpg
DSC_3047.jpg
It was already dark by the time we were out of Jahaz Mahal. Drove back home in Indore. Another trip down memory lane comes to an end here.[:)]

Thread Starter #42
Excellent pictures and ride Manoj. Had a great time going through it :)
Thanks @shri. I am glad to know that this journey of mine could take you along.[:)]
Have done quite a bit of road trips with family on 'Scorp', hence shared a few.
_DSC0184LR.jpg

_DSC0185LR.jpg

Beautiful Pictures right from #1
This is an interesting thread you have shared,feels like i need to go down memory lane too.

Top Bottom