Road Trip To Rajasthan from Kerala

Thread Starter #106
started back to bharathpur by 6pm.dropped satish at agra cantonment railway station. he had to catch a train to delhi where he had to catch a flight to kerala. he had to go early as his second daughter's birthday was on the 3rd of jan.but getting out of agra took us 1 1/2 hours. got lost in the by lanes of agra even with the GPS. reached bharathpur at 10pm.partied late into the night.
got up the next day by 8am.got the car washed by tek ram. bid adieu to anup and shadow and started for home by 10am.we had planned to see ajmer on the return trip. but wife and kids were so home sick that they voiced their protest and we cancelled the plan.reached jaisamand , 50kms before udaipur and got a room in a hotel called kathiyawad hotel on the side of the highway at badarada ( ph 9414172171 ). bargained hard got 2 ac rooms for rs 1000/ each. it turned out to be the best rooms that we had for the entire journey. anther discovery for future travellers is that for seeing udaipur i would suggest that stay may be done at jaisamand as its only 50kms from udaipur. the hotels are very costly and service very pooor in udaipur. the rooms at udaipur were fully booked during our stay there.

Attachments

Thread Starter #107
got up early morning by 6am. it was real cold. went down to a shop near by . had ginger coffee. it felt heavenly in the cold misty morning. had the car washed by the bell boy. had breakfast from the hotel itself. hit the road by 9.30 am. we had decided to have a non stop drive home, because1) wifey had leave only till 5th jan 2) iwanted to test my endurance limits. me being in the early 40s i was feeling older. we rode at a fast clip, never rash.the roads were good.the ahmedabad- baroda expressway is 98kms, finished in 45 mints flat.had lunch in the outskirts of vadodara. had dinner at some good looking hotel by 9pm.kids were sleeping. had oredered bread - butter for daughter. when it arrived she refused it and was asleep ( lucky girl ) since i didn't want to waste the food i gobbled it up even though my tummy was full ( unlucky me ) gave way to suresh briefly the drivers seat after vapi till the other side of mumbai. by passed mumbai a 1am.lost the way in the city. but 2 guys were chatting by the road side as if in broad daylight, who guided us back to the right track.the mumbai - pune expressway was choke full of trucks and couldn't speed much. reached satara by 6am and thats when i had tummy trouble.oooh [anger] last nights bread- butter was the culprit. as it was the only non cooked food that i had and nobody else had it, rode into the first hotel we saw, as i was holding on for dear life and was not sure for how long i could hold on. the hotel guy quoted rs 1750/ for the room didn't bargain.ran into the room, rather the toilet and .........nirvana.[:D] had breakfast and bath in that hotel.also 2 sessions of nirvana. i started to have a feeling that i would miserably fail in the endurance test. popped in somepills and hit the road. but that was the last of the tummy trouble. averaged 100kmph most of the time till after dharwad when we entered the hubli- yellapur-ankola road. had to slow down after ankola till mangalore as road widening work was going on.reached suresh's house at 2.30 am. had heavenly chilly chicken and chappathis. reached home sweet home by 3am.

Attachments

smooth rider wonderful trip so far, you explained everything so beautifully pics are also very nice. How Vento performed? did you face any damage or GC issues in the entire trip?

Thread Starter #109
toughgu no damage sustained through out the entire trip. regarding gc i never scraped the body of my car any where. but the mud flaps of vento are so large that i scraped almost all the humps i crossed. the vento performed superbly. highway handling was really fantastic.brakes were spot on although i never had any incident where i had to do sudden braking. hit 160kmph once in the pune - mumbai expressway. mileage ranged between 16- 20.6 kmpl. never felt tired riding the car. the last leg of the journey was 41 hrs non stop from jaisamand till payangadi about 1750kms.also almighty was kind enough to place all the drivers on the road while i was driving - really good drivers. even if you are a good driver if the guy coming from the opposite side does any blunder you will also land up in a soup.

Wow! great collection you have done during your road trip. I think your journey was long trip, I have never gone like that trip but after reading your post I've decided to plan our road trip to all North India states. By the way thanks for giving helpful tips.

Top Bottom