Road Trip To Rajasthan from Kerala

Thread Starter #91
after deshnok we started for jaipur. thats when we made another bid mistake. our cab driver in jodhpur had advise us to go to jaipur via nagaur. he had told us there was several things to see there. but it was a very long route with not that much of good roads. we went via nagaur, ajmer, jaipur. enroute passed through ajmer at night. thats where we had the biting cold weather for the first time. we stopped at a roadside restaurant and was delighted that they had non veg. we couldn't stay in the restaurant after ordering our food, as the cold was unbearable. we waited in the car with the heater on. then only i got the answer for the question why cars are fitted with heater[lol]to make the story short we reached jaipur by 1am only.[frustration]if i had gone back to bikaner and then to jaipur i would have reached jaipur in 5 hours.got up late the next day. hired a local cab set out to see jaipur by 11am.first went to a temple of lord ganesha

Attachments

Thread Starter #94
had snacks at cafe coffee day in the fort. then we left to see the jal mahal. then went to the shopping centre near by and did some purchase. we bought sarees, a painting for my friend raffeq bhai, bangles, keychains for friends of my kids, etc etc. it was 6.30 by the time we finished shopping went back to our hotel, refreshed and went to the house of our pal sali panicker who is a professor in the institute of rural mangement. for a night party. went back to our hotel by 1am and called it a day.

Attachments

Last edited:
Nice Trip log and beautiful Pictures.
I also Drove to Udaipur from Dhanbad with my Family in January and it was awesome.

A nice saying about Maharana Pratap ( Hope you know it already )

"RANA NE SOCHA IS PAAR... TAB TAK CHETAK THA US PAAR" :)

Few pics of Udaipur from my side.

Attachments

Thread Starter #97
next day we got up late. went to sali's house for breakfast.salis kids were real good boys. such tireless boys. we were really impressed by their deeds. ( once in their school bus they threw out lunch boxes of 14 of their friends and sali had to buy them and replaced it the next day )[lol]next we hired a taxi to go shopping. sali deputed rahul, one of his students to accompany us for the shopping. he was a native of bikaner. oh boy he really helped us in bargaining.[:D] we went to the bapu bazar and did lots of shopping. bargain we did with the help of rahul.

Attachments

Thread Starter #98
we finished shopping by 4 pm. went back to our hotel packed our bags and vacated our rooms and went to say goodbye to sali at his institute.felt sad leaving sali. we urged him to come with us to bharathpur for celebrating new year, but he couldn't get leave. also we had to reach bharathpur as our other pal was waiting for our arrival and new year celebrations. started for bharathpur by 5pm. roads were good except for frequent un announced humps. one of which i hit at 100+ kmph. it also statred to rain when we neared bharathpur.

Thread Starter #99
reached bharathpur by 10.30 pm. our host was our pal anup who is the director of keoldeo bird sanctuary. he had booked our stay at the rest house of the park. rode directly to his quarters in the park. he had been patiently waiting for our arrrival delaying the start of the new year celebrations. we had grilled fresh water fish and tonics.[:D] in the gajebo. ( its a hut like structure where there is a fireplace over which the fish was grilled ) by 11.30 pm we left for a hotel nearby where the new year party was arranged.

Attachments

Thread Starter #101
we had breakfast of jalebis and kachoris. met an old lady who did house hold chore in anups house who had a pet peacock. then there was tek ram who is an employee of the sanctuary who drove the water tanker tractor of the sanctuary. he was employed by a farmer previously. tekram was so enterprising that he graduated from tilling the fields using oxen to driving the tractor. the only problem is that he hasn't forgotten his old habits he makes a clicking sound when changing the gears of the tractor like people do when the tend to drive the oxes when tilling land [lol]then hired two cyclerikshaws and two bicycles. the rikshaws are pedalled by local people who earn their livelihood in the park. they are well versed about the different birds, the history of the park and gave us detailed commentary. they also keep the park litter free.thay are doing a real good job. the scenic beauty of the park is wonderful. since iam not a keen bird watcher i didn't get much about the birds. there were lots of guys with telephoto lenses and tripods doing photo shoots.

Thread Starter #104
returned back to the guest house by 11.30am. then started for agra.the roads were good. but on entering uttar pradesh we started feeling like we reached kerala[lol]. the vehicles were coming from all sides, blaring horns. the road etiquette plummented to abysmal levels.top it all there were the jugads- four wheeler made of a chassis, some engine mounted with a gearbox, wooden seats and a brake. it had no head lights.these contraptions appeared from no where on the wrongside of the highway laden with lots of people, with scant regard to other road users. this contraptions are banned in rajasthani roads.there was a road block as we neared agra. we took a detour through some village roads.oh boy it was real off roading. roads were potholed with waterlogging and full of buffalodung. thankfuly my wifey was asleep or i would have been in trouble for getting the car dirtied[lol]spotted some large dear like animals moving in the fields, assumed them to be nilgais.( correct me if i am wrong )

Attachments

Thread Starter #105
reached agra by 3pm. it being jan first and a holiday there was heavy rush. by the time we parked our car it was 3.30 pm all sorts of touts surrounded us. we were septical initialy. while parking the car these guy told me to park to the car in neutral as there were cars parked behind our car, so that they could push our car to let the car behind go if they returned before us. a smooth shaven teenager informed us that he was a guide and would get us tickets with out standing in the long que.and also that the ticket counter closes by 4.30 pm. having coming all the way from kerala and to return with out seeing the taj was unthinkable so took a chance and went with the guy. we were all alert to any untoward incidents . but the guy did what he promised and got us into the taj with out much waiting,[:D]

Attachments

Top Bottom