Road Trip To Rajasthan from Kerala

Thread Starter #63
more snaps of city palace.
next we went for a toy train ride.
by 7.30 returned back to the hotel . two of our friends had come down from jaipur. partyied with them till 1am. don't remember when we fell asleep.

Attachments

Thread Starter #64
26/12/11
got up at 7am. checked out of the hotel by 8.30 am. left for the rope way station. had a breath taking ride up to the hill top. prayed at the karnimata temple on the hill.
in the fourth snap can you spot my car down below ?[:)]
hit the road to jodhpur by 10.30 pm
had brunch at a road side restaurant( badal resortd ) good food.went on nh 76 till pindwada. missed the road to pali.noticed it only when sign boards announcing the distance to ahmedabad and barmer appeared.[frustration]entered nh14 to reach pali. the road till pali is full of potholes.from pali entered nh 65 to jodhpur.reached jodhpur by 5.30 pm. our room was booked in hotel prateek, near childrens park.freshened up and went to have food in town.had the best non veg food in rajasthan from hotel kalinga in front of jodhpur railway station. had lal maans.

26/12/11
got up at 7am. checked out of the hotel by 8.30 am. left for the rope way station. had a breath taking ride up to the hill top. prayed at the karnimata temple on the hill.
in the fourth snap can you spot my car down below ?[:)]
hit the road to jodhpur by 10.30 pm
had brunch at a road side restaurant( badal resortd ) good food.went on nh 76 till pindwada. missed the road to pali.noticed it only when sign boards announcing the distance to ahmedabad and barmer appeared.[frustration]entered nh14 to reach pali. the road till pali is full of potholes.from pali entered nh 65 to jodhpur.reached jodhpur by 5.30 pm. our room was booked in hotel prateek, near childrens park.freshened up and went to have food in town.had the best non veg food in rajasthan from hotel kalinga in front of jodhpur railway station. had lal maans.
Lal Maans. Sounds tempting. How is the non veg food in Rajasthan. Spicy?

Thread Starter #67
its very difficult to find non veg restaurants in rajasthan. the look people give you when you enquire if its a non veg restaurant is as if you are from mars[anger].in fact we were surprised when a muslim run restaurant which we entered expectantly turned out to be "shudh shakahari "[lol]we had non veg food only in ajmer and jodhpur.not at all spicy by mallu standards. for non veg food chandra, come to kerala.

Well,it was simply a mind blowing travelogue by our dear Smoothy(TAI addiction it is,that today I got some free time and I am online)..:biggrin:

Although I am also a "SHUDH SHAKAHARI"[lol] guy,in RJ,people are really going to give you the same view,its no surprise for me.
Actually here in North you get the spicy and tasty veg food like 'Shahi Paneer(My hot favorite):biggrin:Chhole Bhature'etc etc..
While for non-veg South is the place to go!!

its very difficult to find non veg restaurants in rajasthan. the look people give you when you enquire if its a non veg restaurant is as if you are from mars[anger].in fact we were surprised when a muslim run restaurant which we entered expectantly turned out to be "shudh shakahari "[lol]we had non veg food only in ajmer and jodhpur.not at all spicy by mallu standards. for non veg food chandra, come to kerala.
Been to Trivandrum (on work) and Kovalam (on the other side of work) and liked the fish preparations. Being a typical bong, fish is a favourite.

Thanks for your invite. Let me return it by saying that non veg food in Kolkata is also top on the charts and whenever you are driving / visiting these parts let me know.

Thread Starter #71
got up by 9am and hired a local cab. which arrived by 10 am. first visited the umaid bhavan palace. part of the palace is a heritage hotel run by tatas and is out of bounds for visitors. its a well kept monument.
third snap is that of the replica of the palace
4 & 5 is gold spatula & gold plated pan used to lay the first brick of the palace
6 is a part of the clock colllection

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #72
after the enchanting tour of the palace we left for the mehranghar fort. i felt it to be the best kept fort that we had visited in the whole of our tour. its looked after by a private trust of the maharaja.its an awesome building. how the people built it without our modern heavy equipment is a testimony to their grit and will power. i was amazed by the respect that the king still had in the hearts of the residents of jodhpur. my cab driver was very respectful of his majesty. he wanted to have him as a ruler rather than the political leaders.he explained that the cantonment land was that of the king. by the army was reluctant to give it back after the lease expired. the raja went to the supreme court and won the case. then he donated the land to the army.

Attachments

Thread Starter #73
in the last snap the hand prints are of the ranis and ladies who comitted sati. they go in procession and when they leave their hand prints on the fort walls and sit in the pyre of their dead husbands.

Thread Starter #75
next visited some temple complex. i don't remember its name as we were all feeling terribly hungry. we rushed through and went back to the hotel. had heavy food- chappathis, aloo methi, dal, sandwitch, bread butter etc. then started for jaisalmer by 7pm.had decided to go for night drive as we felt that the roads were wonderful, with very little traffic. our cab driver (who was such a nice guy) also was for a night drive. his only word of caution was to look out for blue bull which were abundant in the roads towards jaisalmer which had the habit of running across vehicles on seeing the head lights. these are large animals the size of a buffalo.

Attachments

Top Bottom