Road Trip To Rajasthan from Kerala

After Ankola did you took a right, which leads to Yellapur-Kalhaghatgi-Hubli?

If yes this is the route i follow while visiting Goa.

Haha,a problem that I was expecting to occur on the trip,same as with Honda City,Ford Ikon and VW Polo and Vento the problem is of inadequate headlights,all three cars seem to be really under-lighted for the high-speed highway runs.This I experienced when I took the Honda City of my friend for a trip and same was felt on a Vento too in a trip once.

Rest leave aside everything and show us some more pics as well as some more details but in a quite more spicy and humorous form:please:!!
Secondly:WHAT WAS THE LONGEST DISTANCE YOU COVERED IN A SINGLE ATTEMPT AND TILL WHICH LIMITS YOU PUSHED YOUR VENTO ON THE TRIP(Top speed you touched)?
Thirdly:It looks like Vento completely lived upto the expectations,but can you please be quite elaborating about what new you have found in your Vento in this trip(because in every long trip every owner finds something new about the car and its behavior).What was the FE(a rough estimate) and any maintenance,if required??

Overall:A great write up with :kewlpics:

Wow this is one huge trip you have done doctor , kudos to you and your Vento! As TSIVipul has asked any interesting observations you made about the car?

Thread Starter #51
oh vipul don't rush me to tell every thing in one go. i will definitely write up every thing in a step by step manner so that i don't leave out any thing.
yes mukeshus its the ankola-yellapur- hubli road.
facts i discovered about my vento -
1) the in adequate light
2)during the entire trip i only scraped the middle of my vehicle only once when ran over some metal piece on the road ( probably a piece of leaf spring of a lorry )but i scraped the mud flaps on almost all the humps i crossed. the mud flaps of vento are oversized and riigid.
3) regarding the mileage it varied between 17 to 20.6 kmpl.
4) my pal took her to 160kmph on the mumbai - pune expressway. i took her to 140kmph on the vadodara - ahmedabad expressway.
5)no maintenance work needed during the entire trip except for washing the exterior during every night.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #52
started from vapi on 24/12 at 9.45 am. although i awoke by 5.30 am, as i usualy do to go for my morning walk. i felt lazy to take a bath and also of the knowledge the i could make it to uadaipur very quickly. didn't have the heart to disturb my kids sleep too. i got the yellow strip for the head light from a local spare parts shop free of cost. but they didn't have that of vento so opted for that of honda city[;)]
got caught up in the famous traffic snarl just before vadodara. lost 1.45 hours in it. experienced the only bad trucker in the entire trip. this fellow in a punjab registered truck was blocking the left most lane for cars and small vehicles in spite of several people asking to move over.i would like to change my opinion regarding truckers. they were the best drivers on the roads. they dimmed their lights, gave us side on the first tap of my horn. i asked the trucker by my side to let me some space so that i could overtake this villain on the other side which he promptly did. the trucker in front of the rogue then blocked him and let me pass. such nice guys.
reached udaipur at 11pm. went directly to hotel padmini palace where our stay was booked.
got up early and went for a stoll to lake pichola with satish and suresh while wifey and kids were asleep.
can one study for two degrees at a time ? during my teens and twenties it was not possible. its now possible now in rajasthan in one year.[confused]

Attachments

Smoothy dear..please do it before tomorrow's night because after tomorrow I'll be seeing you guys after a month or two as I'll get trapped in an extremely busy schedule for running in the money race.

Thread Starter #54
will miss you vipul.
returned back to hotel and got ready to see udaipur.hired a local cab- tata indigo.first stop was Bharatiya lok kala mandal.it show cases the different art forms of rajasthan. the puppet show there is a hit.

Attachments

Ha ha ha, couldn't stop laughing 2 degree in 1 year.[surprise]

Thank god he didn't have a B.E. degree in 1 year.
The hoarding has exactly been kept near drainage to throw it after getting that degree.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #56
next we went to see fateh sagar lake. its a beautiful lake.went for boating and thats when TITANIC happened[lol]bang right in the middle of the lake the engine of our boat conked.some tourists from north asked " are kya ho gaya ? some one replied yeh to titanic ho gaya. oh, boy it set in panic among some of the ladies in the group. they started praying aloud.when my daughter asked whether its time to start praying. the bhajans went on and i felt the scene was similar in the film titanic when the musicians kept on playing. the captain ( if i may call him so)and tried his level best to restart the engine but failed.& finaly rescue arrived and we were transferred to another boat and completed the ride.

Attachments

next we went to see fateh sagar lake. its a beautiful lake.went for boating and thats when TITANIC happened[lol]bang right in the middle of the lake the engine of our boat conked.some tourists from north asked " are kya ho gaya ? some one replied yeh to titanic ho gaya. oh, boy it set in panic among some of the ladies in the group. they started praying aloud.when my daughter asked whether its time to start praying. the bhajans went on and i felt the scene was similar in the film titanic when the musicians kept on playing. the captain ( if i may call him so)and tried his level best to restart the engine but failed.& finaly rescue arrived and we were transferred to another boat and completed the ride.

Thrilling Experience Mate.. Thank god you got rescue team soon..

Thread Starter #59
next we were feeling hungry and asked our cabbie to take us to a good non veg restaurant. he told us that he was such a good guy that he would take us to such a place definitely. which turned out to be very costly one with very bad food. guys if you ever go to udaipur don't go any where near this hotel called aroma. u'll be fleeced.
next we went the sahelion ki badi. a beautiful garden.

Attachments

Thread Starter #60
next stop was the city palace. thats when we feel the difference between a king and us. the opulence and grandeur of the palace is so enchanting that we feel transported to a totaly different world. every thing in the palace is of a mega size that it kept us gaping all along.the fourth snap is that of the legendary horse of maharaja rana pratap - chetak. during battles it adorned a trunk like apparatus on its head to fool battle elephants to think that its a baby elephant and not to chop it with long swords held in their trunks.

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom