Road Trip To Rajasthan from Kerala

The yellow sticker creates a reflection, when you switch on the head lights and driving in the fog, which helps people driving in the opposite direction. This is a rule in GJ/RJ/PB. I think its a rule in Delhi too.
Damn,I mean I had been driving in Chandigarh,Patiala,Khanna and Malerkotla for 6 days just two weeks back but no cop told me about this.
And same was with the Jaipur visit.

Thread Starter #32
thanks avindu for your detailed mumbai by pass guide and also for your wishes. excitement building up. wifey ironing our clothes for the journey. stocked up all the medicines required. filled nitrogen in all 5 tyres. ordered for nikon 1100. will get it in my hands tomorrow. my friend has procured a good towing belt from a friend who owns a garage.visited temples near my home for gods blessings. gave the keys for pooja.

thanks avindu for your detailed mumbai by pass guide and also for your wishes. excitement building up. wifey ironing our clothes for the journey. stocked up all the medicines required. filled nitrogen in all 5 tyres. ordered for nikon 1100. will get it in my hands tomorrow. my friend has procured a good towing belt from a friend who owns a garage.visited temples near my home for gods blessings. gave the keys for pooja.
Wish You Happy Journey Smooth rider...

Thread Starter #34
correction mates its canon eos 1100 not nikon. sorry. every thing almost ready. got my camera yesterday. i haven't used an slr before so did some study on it. ihad a yashika in the past.plan to start by tomorrow evening 6pm. signing off for now will update on reaching back home on 6th jan. merry christmas and a happy prosperous new year with lots of miles.

Well...its 16:30 right now and at 18:00 the memorable trip is going to start..so..
All the best buddy,merry christmas,Happy new year and above all HAPPY JOURNEY..
In case you read this thread in between then please update else..WE ARE WAITING FOR THE PICS..

350Z

Core Team
I’m slightly late here. Guess, You would have arrived at Rajasthan by now. Good luck and have a safe journey. [thumbsup]

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #42
yes mates had a wonderful trip.had a few hours sleep.gave a thorough cleaning of my baby. vacccum cleaned her inside and shampooed out side and she is looking as beautiful as ever.she did splendidly during the tour. driving her was pure bliss.not a whimper. not a puncture during the whole trip. will update at the earliest.

Attachments

yes mates had a wonderful trip.had a few hours sleep.gave a thorough cleaning of my baby. vacccum cleaned her inside and shampooed out side and she is looking as beautiful as ever.she did splendidly during the tour. driving her was pure bliss.not a whimper. not a puncture during the whole trip. will update at the earliest.
Your Vento is gleaming, you can change your profile pic with this one.

Thread Starter #45
On the 22nd December. Reached suresh’s house. He and his brother were not ready. In fact satish was ironing clothes and packing his bags. Felt frustrated. Finaly hit the road by 7.15 pm. Late by 1hour. Going was slow initially as traffic on nh 17 was heavy. Reached cherkala when had the idea to call my friend sundara. Luckily he was in the hospital celebrating Christmas. Hadn’t seen him for a long time.he suggested to have food at Indian coffee house kasaragode. Decided to have dinner at kasaragode itself as would reach mangalore at odd hours and kids were hungry. Had food at Indian coffee house just by the bus stand, on the highway side. Clean hotel, good food, cheap. would recommend for stops en route to all.( non veg available)
Then it was non stop driving. Road was full of deviations, pot holes etc . reached ankola by 3.27 am. Turned right into nh 68. Turn well marked and wouldn’t miss. road good. No humps on road as I was expecting . Drove around 80 – 90 kmph on average. Made the discovery that the head lights of vento not up to the mark. Not lighting up the roads adequately. Drove all along with fog lights on. Was feeling sleepy. But satish gave me good company and warded off sleep. There was sparse trucks on the road.two fuel pumps presnt in this road. Was nearing hubli when satish had stroke of brilliance. He noted a small road going off to the left on the gps going to dharvad, between Dastikoppa & Ramahalli. I was sceptic initially as it looked like a country road. It was 26 kms to hubli. There were 2 trucks parked at the turn, enquired regarding the road to the drivers who told us that in was patched up . took the road,several humps present, passes through several villages, reached dharvad in no time ( it was 9kms ) saved about 30- 40kms. Entered nh4 ,at 6.15 am gave the first of the tolls. Belgaum was 74 kms away, road good, gunned the engine, reached belgaum by 7.15 am.
Rented a room in belgaum town itself. Freshened up and hit the road by 9 am.
Had brunch at a road side hotel goa ves just before tavadi ghat, food okay and I gave way to my pal suresh the drivers seat.
entered maharashtra by 10.46 am.
pune - mumbai express way reached by 3.05 pm
by passed mumbai in 1.5 hours.
reached godbunder by 7.20 pm
reached vapi by 10.30 pm. stayed at sarvodaya hotel.
total distance covered 1219 kms

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom