Road Trip To Land Of Beaches...Goa!!!

Hello Guys, i am very new to this forum in posting the threads. However, quite interactive seeing all your posts and travelouges!. Its quite amazing..really.

Guys, like all love to do...A TRIP TO GOA.. I have too planned for a short trip with my wife and daughter starting 1st October and returning on the 5th October. I am a long drive freek and I always enjoyed all my previous trips to Goa with my friends. I always love night drives but this time decided to start early in the morning as my daughter is 6 yrs and dont want to take risk during night. I request you all TAIns to kindly let me know if bangalore-tumkur-shimoga-honnavar-karwar-goa route is in good shape after all these rainy days.

thanks to all in advance for helping me out [:)]

Hello Guys, i am very new to this forum in posting the threads. However, quite interactive seeing all your posts and travelouges!. Its quite amazing..really.

Guys, like all love to do...A TRIP TO GOA.. I have too planned for a short trip with my wife and daughter starting 1st October and returning on the 5th October. I am a long drive freek and I always enjoyed all my previous trips to Goa with my friends. I always love night drives but this time decided to start early in the morning as my daughter is 6 yrs and dont want to take risk during night. I request you all TAIns to kindly let me know if bangalore-tumkur-shimoga-honnavar-karwar-goa route is in good shape after all these rainy days.

thanks to all in advance for helping me out [:)]
The road is perfectly ok. You can enjoy the drive, save on toll and cover Jog falls too. More details are there in the link below

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...trip-splendid-goan-mahabaleswar-holidays.html

Dear Ram, thanks a ton for ur quick reply. I have read ur travelouge and it was quite a trip. [:D]
Hi Bopsejal, I did a trip to via Shimoga - Jog - Honnavar -Karwar -Goa, and returned today early morning.
Fantastic road all the way.

Only near Bettadahalli for 100-200 mts has potholed roads.
And after Jog while moving towards Gerusoppa Ghat, you will encounter with slush on one particular stretch.
After that nearing Jog has few potholed roads, rest all the journey has smooth roads with humps.

Gerusoppa has narrow roads so honk and drive on blind curves.

Few NWKRTC buses ply on this narrow road.

Thanks AR Ram sir for suggesting the route.

Last edited:
Hi Bopsejal, I did a trip to via Shimoga - Jog - Honnavar -Karwar -Goa, and returned today early morning.

And after Jog while moving towards Gerusoppa Ghat, you will encounter with slush on one particular stretch.
After that nearing Jog has few potholed roads, rest all the journey has smooth roads with humps.

Great!!! you have returned after your Goan trip.

How was Jog Falls? Was there water?

Waiting for your travelogue and pictures

Dear Mukeshus. Really thanks for the updates. Like Mr. AR Ram suggested, this is also my favorite route which has scenic beauty. I am planning on the 2nd October early morning visiting jog, murudeshwar, karwar and then Candolim. BTW how was the weather in Goa..was it still raining[surprise]. Awaiting your travelogue [:)]

Awesome Trip. I also did the Goa trip last year from my Fatehpur - Goa - Bidar (Total Ride 3000 km). Reaching Goa has almost taken 3 days. My stay was at Baga Beach where I parked my car (Hyundai Eon) and rented a scooty in Goa (It offered me an easy ride in crowded spaces).
  1. Route - Fatehpur/ Kanpur - Indore - Pune - Goa
  2. Return Route - Goa - Gulbarga - Bidar

Attachments

Top Bottom