Road trip to Chitradurga Fort and Vani Vilas Sagar Dam

Thread Starter #1
Hi friends, here are the basic info to start with -
Places visited: Chitradurga fort, Vani Vilas Sagar Dam
Road travelled: NH 4 (Drivers' delight)
Distance covered: 800 kms
Fuel consumed: 43 ltrs
Avg mileage: @18.60 kms/ltr (70% AC)
Speed range: 80 - 100 kms/hr most of the journey. Roads were literally empty. But as a TAIan always kept a check on the pedal.

Decided to make full use of the holidays on 13, 14 & 15th Aug. Hence planned a trip to my in laws place (Davangere 270 kms from Blore) which is on NH 4 and from there visited couple of places (coincidently I celebrated 25000 kms association with Alto during the trip [clap] -
a) Chitradurga Fort: which means 'picturesque fort', The Fort was built in stages between the 10th and 18th centuries by the dynastic rulers of the region. Later the fort was expanded and strengthened by Hyder Ali and his son Tippu Sultan,who succeeded Madakari Nayaka V, the last ruler of the Nayaka clan. The fort's many interconnecting tanks were used to harvesting rain water, and the fort was said to never suffer from a water shortage

b) Vani Vilas Sagar Dam: One of the oldest dams in Karnataka built in 1908. The dam was built by the Mysore Maharajas pre-independence across the river Vedavathi. The dam is an exquisite piece of architecture, an engineering marvel for that time, and provides water to lots of surrounding cities, towns and villages, which are largely dry lands of the Deccan area of Central Karnataka

Attachments

Very nice pictures and write up! [:)] So you made good use of the long weekend!
Your ride looks great in black and those alloys make a perfect match!

Excellent pics buddy. I guess you made a good use of your weekend. Put up some more pictures of your car in action.

Nice photos there carfreak. The Mysore dynasty is known for its engineering marvels. This dam resembls somewhat like the Krishna Raja Sagar dam apart from the huge size of the latter.

Thread Starter #9
Nice pictures buddy , NH4 is always a driver's delight!
Yes cooldhaya and I always feel drivers on NH 4 are much more disciplined.

Excellent pics buddy. I guess you made a good use of your weekend. Put up some more pictures of your car in action.
Thanks. Yes weekend was well utilized after a long time [:)] I shall search for few more pics taken on highway. Not much I think, I will check.

Nice photos there carfreak. The Mysore dynasty is known for its engineering marvels. This dam resembls somewhat like the Krishna Raja Sagar dam apart from the huge size of the latter.
Yes you are spot on. At the first look, even I felt the same.

I have same alloys like your alto [clap]
Nice pics carfreak, thanks for sharing.
Yeah this is a common design but liked it very much. So went for it.

And thanks every one for liking the pics.

350Z

Core Team
It sure was a wise idea to make a quick road trip in this weekend. All the pictures are beautiful and your Alto is shining out in the crowd.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #12
@350Z, I hate to see my ride in dirt. I always believe in the philosophy - "Respect your ride and she will never let you down". Here is the treatment my ride got after she ably supported me in the road trip [thumbsup]

Attachments

nice trip dude,

interesting to see the old fort in good condition.

I too spent the holidays at Madurai & trichy.
At madurai I gone to Thirumalai nayakar mahal, i don't know how they built such kind of mahal on those days without any machinenaries.

Really Amasing.

Thread Starter #15
The fort is maintained by archaelogical dept. Really maintained clean and neat. You are right, ancient architecture always amuses us! Khudos to our older generations. Do post pics of your visit.

Top Bottom