Ritz Genus - Special Edition

Thread Starter #1

AMG

Suspended
To celebrate the Maruti Ritz’ success in India, Maruti Suzuki is launching a special edition Ritz Genus today. The production is limited to only 5000 units and is expected to be dearer by Rs 17,000 over the current price. It will be available in both petrol and diesel engine option on VXI and VDI variants.

Apart from having standard features, the Ritz Genus will have new additional features like:

* An exciting signature color -`Emerald Blue’
* Stylish body graphics and ‘Genus’ decal on the rear doors
* Tilt-adjustable steering
* Keyless entry (Nissan Micra anyone?)
* Integrated music system
* Rear wiper-cum-washer

Shashank Srivastava, Chief General Manager (Marketing) -
Limited Editions are our way to bring excitement to the showrooms. We have excellent experience with Limited editions in the past. While they bring in incremental sales numbers, at the same time customer response to these special models have helped us for future product development and planning. Ritz has received very good demand from customers and I am confident that the Ritz Genus will find great appreciation with customers for its new add-on features
-----------Next Post-----------
Here is a pic

Attachments

Last edited:
Another limited edition. Please atleast offer visible visual changes with such edition models.

Is this edition available on the VXi ABS and VDi ABS models?
If not, this will prove Maruti's bias towards safety features.

Only two things that attracts me, the color, and the rear wash wipe.

Yet another old move, again in the new era! I simply don't understand how maruti can play this thoghtless game. They could have offered somthing like specially designed alloys or integrated Misic system with GPS navigation or some thing which is really impressive. I really hate these graphic sticker game. Rear sipper is already there in top models, right?

Yet another old move, again in the new era! I simply don't understand how maruti can play this thoghtless game. They could have offered somthing like specially designed alloys or integrated Misic system with GPS navigation or some thing which is really impressive. I really hate these graphic sticker game. Rear sipper is already there in top models, right?
Yes, its already there on the ZXi variant. To be honest when it comes to limited editions from maruti suzuki, i expect nothing more than graphics and some paint work(body coloured mirrors n all). Maruti has been successfully selling such models since long.
In past recent years i think 2-3editions(not limited ones) of alto were launched with no out of the box features, just few graphix, taped pillars and the job is done. And since these models sell out soon, even maruti feels happy(look at what maruti official said while unveiling this edition of Ritz) about it and thats the reason they are continually introducing such editions.

well every auto manufacturer is facing the heat now. With Ritz comming out with Genus we might expect others to come out with their respective special editions. Fortuner has come out with their special edition and now we can expect Hyundai/FORD/Chevy to launch special editions.

Btw, SWIFT glam wasnt a great seller. Wonder how Ritz Genus would sell.

350Z

Core Team
Limited or Special Edition sometimes make a good deal for buyer, IF the changes are functional and attractive, and not just limited to stickers. An apt example for a good special Edition is of Ford Fiesta which was introduced a few years ago and offered little more for the price such as Sunroof, Alloys etc at acceptable price difference. Anyways, Enjoy more pictures of Ritz Genus!

Maruti-Ritz-Genus-2.jpg

Maruti-Ritz-Genus-6.jpg

Maruti-Ritz-Genus-9.jpg

Maruti-Ritz-Genus-3.jpg

Maruti-Ritz-Genus-5.jpg

Maruti-Ritz-Genus-7.jpg

Maruti-Ritz-Genus-10.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

These are some high definition, heavily adjusted pictures! See the lighting and shadows, looks beautiful, isn't it?

An apt example for a good special Edition is of Ford Fiesta which was introduced a few years ago and offered little more for the price such as Sunroof, Alloys etc at acceptable price difference.
Ford has this habit of introducing a spl. edition Fiesta almost every Sunday! [lol]
Good for people like me who need discounts and more features for a lesser price.

The pictures and this new color is looking excellent. Not sure how it will look on roads though. But good move to have some really good limited edition cars.

350Z

Core Team
I guess, these color combinations were already available on Ritz a.k.a Splash Internationally.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Yes, this color is available already in international markets. So its not a big deal for MSIL to give this in Indian market.

Top Bottom