Ritz Continuously Emitting White Smoke

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
This seems really confusing. I hope they are sure that they have odentified the problem or else you'll spend money unnecessary. Keep us posted.

Thread Starter #17
Hi Allhyundaicars

Can we loop in some more experts with DDIS engine, to get their valuable advice. By any chance if they have sen this kind of problem or have experienced something like this.
As I am new to this forum not really aware of other member, please throw some light.

Thanks
[:)]

hey r.maglev,

i dont know about the issue but my cousin have rits VDI, we made a trip to goa from delhi 2 year back. it was a roadtrip with the ritz and average we got was 14Km/l. it depends on how much break and clutch you use as far as i know correct me if i am wrong.

and second coming to MASS the service center specilly naraina one , i put up in patel nagar and have a second hand wagonr cng with me. there is a person name with rana surname who is helpfull rest are just there to look and charge you. my radiator assembly was faulty without taking any second advice i took my car to them in morning as i was late to office.
after inspecting the said we have to change the radiator full assembly which cost me 10K. and when i told my family and relative about this and showed them, they said this can easily be repaired by just 2500 or 3K.

so do check enough sources and eat the brain of the service guy.

Sometimes diesel engine starts to emit white smoke is due to unburnt fuel which is caused by imporoper hearting.

before you open the engine and try things my suggestion is to check the glow plugs. the glow plugs might have worn out. if the glow plugs get discharged, get them changed. also check air filter and fuel filter.

next reason would be Blown Head Gasket, Poorly sealed piston rings, leaking valvyes,.

try checking glow plugs, air filter, fuel filter.

guess 70k is the right time to change a the glow plug. my suggestion is bosch glow plugs.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #21
Dear Ankit

Thanks for the response, I am taking the car to MASS naraina on saturday(27th Sep) will take in loop Mr Rana if possible. Already have fixed time with engine room people , DGM and Manager Customer Affairs. I have tested the average on absolutely empty roads with 80-90 km/hr without any stoppage for 250 kilometers, Straight from Delhi to Chandigarh and then it gives me 15-16 km/pl .
Also heard that EGR might be the reason for this low fuel efficiency. Please comment that do we need to get it cleaned , have never got it done before.

And @pravin1987

Thank you for the information ,
First I would like to inform you that fuel filter, air filter and oil filter all were changed by MASS Naraina in front of me just 4,000 kms before.
And about glow plugs they pulled out the glow plugs and checked the black color carbon deposit on them and straight away said they all are fine, after me insisting them to get it checked they brought some wire and bulb , while connecting one end to battery they connected the other end somewhere near plug and said see its working fine. Did this for all four and bulb glowed in all four of them.

Do I still need to check with any other procedure or straight away replace them and check. Please comment and help me.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #22
@All

Parked my car in MASS garage on Friday night , senior engineer from engine room checked the first start. According to them engine is also missing and knocking at first start with could be due to bad calibration of fuel injectors or due to guide seals gone bad in the head and quoted me 22 thousand for calibration and 65 thousand for replacement of engine head. [frustration][cry]:eek:
And which resulted in me bringing my car back to my place.

Now I work in Chandigarh, visited Bosch Diesel service center and they quoted my 5500 to 12000 anywhere depending on how damaged injectors are. I don't know really how to proceed. Please guide seniors.

@All

Please guide seniors.
When was last oil change done ? . MASS have strategy of changing unwanted things . Take it a nearby neighbourhood garage or mechanic and ask his advice before taking any step . It might even resolve by changing engine oil ,coolant ,air ,oil , fuel filter .
Else , With engine switched OFF, press the accelerator pedal completely 8-10 times, do it little aggressively. Drive the vehicle and see if its sorted out. This can be due to slightly dirty acc pedal sensor.

Regards

Last edited:
Thread Starter #24
When was last oil change done ? . MASS have strategy of changing unwanted things . Take it a nearby neighbourhood garage or mechanic and ask his advice before taking any step . It might even resolve by changing engine oil ,coolant ,air ,oil , fuel filter .
Else , With engine switched OFF, press the accelerator pedal completely 8-10 times, do it little aggressively. Drive the vehicle and see if its sorted out. This can be due to slightly dirty acc pedal sensor.

Regards
Dear Ankit

Thanks for your reply , got it serviced from MASS around 4 thousand kilometers ago when this issue cropped up. Got fuel filter, oil filter, synthetic oil, air filter all replaced from MASS. Also got intercooler cleaned , injectors cleaned (flowing cleaner via them without removing them, for 1563/-). Now before commenting about injectors they did a back-flow test in which all the four injectors spilled different quantity of diesel in measuring containers. Which according them should have been same in all the containers, so calibration is required. I am really confused.

@ Ankit already tried pressing padel the way you advised , but of no use. Sadly

Dear Ankit

Thanks for your reply , got it serviced from MASS around 4 thousand kilometers ago when this issue cropped up. Got fuel filter, oil filter, synthetic oil, air filter all replaced from MASS. Also got intercooler cleaned , injectors cleaned (flowing cleaner via them without removing them, for 1563/-). Now before commenting about injectors they did a back-flow test in which all the four injectors spilled different quantity of diesel in measuring containers. Which according them should have been same in all the containers, so calibration is required. I am really confused.

@ Ankit already tried pressing padel the way you advised , but of no use. Sadly
[confused][confused] . Smoke which is basically the visible products of cumbustion is due to poor combustion.

Can you check yourself whether Air filter is clean ? ,It might have leaves , Debris etc , Check Oil Level . Also fill from different fuel pump as sometimes it is more adulterated at some pumps . HP is the best one in Delhi any one you visit .

My advice is to visit your nearby mechanic and let his test the car for the problems as it save you money . If you go ask him to check valve stem seal and rings checked .

Thread Starter #26
[confused][confused] . Smoke which is basically the visible products of cumbustion is due to poor combustion.

Can you check yourself whether Air filter is clean ? ,It might have leaves , Debris etc , Check Oil Level . Also fill from different fuel pump as sometimes it is more adulterated at some pumps . HP is the best one in Delhi any one you visit .

My advice is to visit your nearby mechanic and let his test the car for the problems as it save you money . If you go ask him to check valve stem seal and rings checked .
Dear Ankit

I will definitely check for air filter with a local mechanic tomorrow, and about fuel I have tried filling it from the best known pumps in Delhi and Chandigarh. And a little confusion I have is if there is any debris the it would throw white smoke all over the day , but this just happens during the cold start.
And the reason which MASS gave me is once the injectors get heated up they start working fine.
Please help @all

@All

Parked my car in MASS garage on Friday night , senior engineer from engine room checked the first start. According to them engine is also missing and knocking at first start with could be due to bad calibration of fuel injectors or due to guide seals gone bad in the head and quoted me 22 thousand for calibration and 65 thousand for replacement of engine head.
And which resulted in me bringing my car back to my place.

Now I work in Chandigarh, visited Bosch Diesel service center and they quoted my 5500 to 12000 anywhere depending on how damaged injectors are. I don't know really how to proceed. Please guide seniors.

did you cross cheq with any local mechanic about damaged injectors
i m also in same problem indica vista tdi giving low fuel economy of 15-16 with 30%-40% ac[cry] me also directed to clean fuel injectors i think it cost 500-700 to me will do it on Sunday

Thread Starter #28
Hi All

Got all my injectors cleaned and calibration was not required according to Bosch Diesel Service Center People(Cost in Chandigarh- 2000(For ultrasonic cleaning) + 800(After bargaining for labour). Got a new air filter(Purolator), whole air filter assembly cleaned including Mass air flow sensor. No error codes cropped up after the work was completed. Engine sounds a little silent and smooth now. Have parked it for 6 hours now and will drive after an hour from now. If the issue is not yet resolved I will see white smoke and hate myself for loosing the money and a day of my life.{ I am Stupid, lol}. Friends pray that I do not get to see that white smoke and problem goes away. You people would not believe me , I have asked every possible experienced diesel mechanic/workshop what could be the issue and none was sure about the fault. This was not expected from Maruti DDIS. Anyways guys fingers crossed will update tomorrow again what was the outcome.
Wait for it.

[surprise]

Thread Starter #29
Hi All

Unfortunately same issue still exists[frustration][confused].
Next is to go ahead with cleaning of EGR Valve and Engine flush after 4000 kms from now.

Top Bottom