Right Time To Buy Premium Petrol Cars (Used)

Thread Starter #33
During past 1 week of hunt for car, I came across few petrol cars.
* 2007 Innova Petrol - 1 owner - 33k on odo - excellent condition - 4.7L
* 2006 Civic SMT - 1 owner - 65k - Good condition - 4.75L
* 2005 Corolla H2 - 2nd owner - 58k - Good condition - 3.6L
* 2005 Accord MT - 1 owner - 48k -Excellent condition - 5L
* 2006 Sonata Embera - 1 owner - 35k - Excellent condition - 3L

and a lot more (sorry, couldn't recollect all the details, these are few details I note down in a piece of paper)

During past 1 week of hunt for car, I came across few petrol cars.
* 2007 Innova Petrol - 1 owner - 33k on odo - excellent condition - 4.7L
* 2006 Civic SMT - 1 owner - 65k - Good condition - 4.75L
* 2005 Corolla H2 - 2nd owner - 58k - Good condition - 3.6L
* 2005 Accord MT - 1 owner - 48k -Excellent condition - 5L
* 2006 Sonata Embera - 1 owner - 35k - Excellent condition - 3L

and a lot more (sorry, couldn't recollect all the details, these are few details I note down in a piece of paper)
These were the quoted prices right? which means you can still negotiate and bring the prices down.

Thread Starter #35
These were the quoted prices right? which means you can still negotiate and bring the prices down.
Ofcourse yes.
There is something inside tempting me to go for that Petrol Innova (evil mind says, lets go with it + LPG kit[evil]) Controlling myself.

Why not mention something about highend petrol car prices too?

Like the BMW / mercs/ Audi / Porche/ Jag's...they are all available at pretty attractive prices these days.

Thread Starter #37
Like the BMW / mercs/ Audi / Porche/ Jag's...they are all available at pretty attractive prices these days.
Please do share if you have got the price details, you are always welcome.

BTW those prices may look attractive when compared with the price of brand new cars, but I feel they wont be available in 6 digit figures.

Still they won't be cheap. Also, many buyers who buy these are those who use it on daily basis, hence diesel will be preferred & issue is not just being economical but is easy to get one too especially if you do inter-city driving.
Ofcourse, if one wants to buy just to flaunt & 90% times the car will be in parking, then its OK, but then I hate fake.[angry]

And if you see, 2 yrs back, the ratio of Diesel:Petrol in case of Merc was 60:40. From 2011 onwards, it is 90:10 !! Which means finding new Merc in petrol is difficult.

You can still get something in Jag, but forget about XJ.

BTW, try to find 2007-08 BMW 3 series petrol. You may get it at price of base Laura.

Hi folks, newbie here..
What is the current market rate of used Altis GL, 2010 petrol models? Carwale and other sites seem to be quoting rates which I think are too high, especially for petrol models with not so great resale value.

Hi folks, newbie here..
What is the current market rate of used Altis GL, 2010 petrol models? Carwale and other sites seem to be quoting rates which I think are too high, especially for petrol models with not so great resale value.
It depends upon the model, kms done & condition of car.
And remember this thumb rule -

Cars which sell good nos in petrol in new market, will fetch better resales.
Eg. Swift diesel outsells petrol by large margins, hence petrol swift resale is low but i20 petrol sells in good nos, hence resale i20 prices will also be better.

It depends upon the model, kms done & condition of car.
And remember this thumb rule -

Cars which sell good nos in petrol in new market, will fetch better resales.
Eg. Swift diesel outsells petrol by large margins, hence petrol swift resale is low but i20 petrol sells in good nos, hence resale i20 prices will also be better.
Thanks S class for your reply. I'm talking about altis cars which have done about 25000 kms average and in good condition. Swift and i20 models are always in demand, so they may command a higher price.

Ofcourse yes.
There is something inside tempting me to go for that Petrol Innova (evil mind says, lets go with it + LPG kit[evil]) Controlling myself.
Last month when I went to fuel station for filling auto gas for my sparky I found Cheavy Optra [No idea about the model] fitted with LPG Kit. Car looks like good.

From then I was thinking of the same idea being discussed in this thread that what would have happen if I did the same instead of Spark.

Get a nice premium vechile, petrol mode. probably a City which I like very much and convert it for LPG and drive happily, But as Bozz said, used vehicles are like always siting in a mine, no one knows what is underneath.

I have suggested to my BIL who is looking for a diesel car for Rs. 2l to Rs.2.5l price tag, probably a Tata indica. But he is stubborn to get only diesel. So I just left it.

350Z

Core Team
Just check this link out. It might be of some interest (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...alysis-own-mercedes-benz-only-rs-5-lakhs.html).

Toyota commands a considerable resale value. You should expect to shell out upwards of 8 Lakh (depending upon condition) as per market rates in Delhi.

Get a nice premium vechile, petrol mode. probably a City which I like very much and convert it for LPG and drive happily, But as Bozz said, used vehicles are like always siting in a mine, no one knows what is underneath.
You could end up with a sweet deal if the car is inspected well and holds a clear track record. Normally, the cars that are not too old make for an attractive deal. Do keep in mind the upkeep costs though (and not just the purchasing cost) whenever hunting for used.

Is Civic S AT 2006,which had done 26K Km is good or bad to buy?I m going to see this Car ASAP.Asking price is 5.9L.Color is Galaxy Grey.
Asking price is too much. The car is fairly old. Plus, being an automatic, there’s a better chance to bargain. Bring it down to a couple of lakhs more.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Is Civic S AT 2006,which had done 26K Km is good or bad to buy?I m going to see this Car ASAP.Asking price is 5.9L.Color is Galaxy Grey.
Civic has been discontinued by Honda. Cars which are no longer in production, drop their rates by atleast 15-20% than other wise.
And I won't recommend buying used civic.

Top Bottom