Revised Silverstone GP Circuit!

Thread Starter #1
The Silverstone circuit has been revised, and we can hope to see some phenomenal performances. That brings us to the two strongest contenders for the title at the British Grand Prix, Red Bull and the McLaren. While the Red Bull team looks mightier than ever before, the Brit crowd would be cheering their hearts out for the McLaren drivers –Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button, who are currently at the first and second in the drivers’ table.
Apart from the famed F-duct, the MP4-25 has undergone a number of other changes including a blown diffuser which is similar to Red Bull’s, the same that was introduced in Valencia by Ferrari and Renault. The victory of McLaren would no doubt bring some happiness among the Brit crowd which is mourning the recent disappointments from England’s World Cup team and Andy Murray’s loss at Wimbledon. But is the McLaren duo under any kind of pressure? Button says, “I don’t feel under pressure going into my home race – I feel very relaxed, and Lewis is the same”. “It’ll be a lovely atmosphere. We’ve both been here and had a rubbish result, yet you still get the support. For us it’s a case of going there and looking forward to it, more than feeling under pressure. Winning at home, you celebrate with your home crowd. I‘ve never even been on the podium here, and I’m going to change that this year.”

After a few disappointing shows on a Saturday afternoon, Button, however, needs to improve his qualifying form. “The last few races have been frustrating in qualifying; in Canada I wasn’t quick enough, basically, and in Valencia I made a mistake in the last corner. I was very happy with our race pace, but I’ve got to perform better in qualifying if I want to fight for the championship.” Hamilton has the benefit of having claimed a victory here already, and would definitely try his best to repeat it, especially after finishing only 16th last year. “Every year we come here it’s a mega experience with the support you have,” he says. “I really just hope it will be an incredible experience again, that the upgrades we will have on the car work, and we’re able to demolish the field.”

Coming to the Red Bull again, the team has been very quick this year. Sebastian Vettel, who won here last year, seems to be the unanimous favourite of the bookies. Webber has bounced back from his back flip in Valencia, and has Vettel’s old chassis in place of the one he damaged in Spain. Thanks to the blown diffuser, which the team introduced prior to the Valencia race, Ferrari seems to be in a better position too.

“It is a crucial moment in the season, with three races coming up in the space of four weeks,” Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso said. “We are ready, both on the technical front and physically. In Valencia, we introduced significant updates on the F10 and there will be more in Silverstone and the races after that. I remain optimistic.” Robert Kubica, in the revised Renault, would give a tough fight too. And though Nico Rosberg and Michael Schumacher, from Mercedes, have been struggling with tyre temperature generation problems, we can expect them to put up a good show too. The changes to the Silverstone track have been widely appreciated. It is likely that the teams will have to use more down-force. At 5.891 kilometres, the track is now the third longest in the 2010 Formula One championship. The track is expected to be among the fastest ones. source - carazoo

Attachments

Qualifying Session:
Pole position:Sebastian Vettel(Red Bull)
2nd:Mark Webber(Red Bull)
3rd:Fernando Alonso(Ferrari)
11th:Adrian Sutil (Force India)

Race Day: Tomo 4.30 pm.

AMG

Suspended
Who even cares about F1 these days.
F1 has died down since Schumi stopped winning.
After his retirement, F1 was dead.
His comeback hasnt revived it.

Thread Starter #5
Who even cares about F1 these days.
F1 has died down since Schumi stopped winning.
After his retirement, F1 was dead.
His comeback hasnt revived it.
very true..all charm for F1 is lost after schumi was gone.

very true..all charm for F1 is lost after schumi was gone.
Why only Schumi?
I love Force India's Adrian Sutil from his debut.
And Schumi will be back next year, Wait & watch.
A special car for his Asthetics is being designed.
And we can soon see an action in India near Noida.
F1 track is gettin ready .

I don get time to watch F1 races but i follow it in paper daily and yeah Sutil is doing proud to Force India. Now Luizzi also needs to drive well and so does even Karun Chandhok.

Top Bottom