Review of Tata Dealer (VST Motors) in Chennai

Thread Starter #1
Hello
Would like to Share the Experience which we had when we got our car from VST motors, Chennai.​

At the time of booking they were so very caring and helpful but then the story starts after that.​

Booked our Manza Aura ABS Silver and they said it would take a months time delivery . We got a loan from Sundaram Finance which was I think a Tie Up or something. Anyway next month saw the bank statement and saw that they had already dropped the cheque for the month and money has been debited. No car still . I think this is how it works though.​

So 1 month passed and we gave a call and they said the car is on its way.​

Then almost after 2 weeks call comes that our the car has arrived and they will do the procedures like registration and everything and we could pick up after 2 days. The sales rep. also said that he would fit the Number plate and keep the car ready when we got it and would cost Rs700 extra. I thought that's one work minus and he would put the original gov approved number plate (metal with embossed letters) . Ánd also as a compliment he would install window tint. [;)]

So Thursday at around 1pm which is when he said we could pick up, went to VST motors at Mount road to get our Manza. We were much excited to see our brand new car. We waited one hour, 2 hours upon asking they said just gone to fix the number plate , Washing, Doing final checkups and finally at around 4pm the car came. Very happy to see our car with those big ribbons tied but we were tired. Believe me during the waiting at the showroom no body there offered even a glass of water. Was just thinking about the day when we came to book the car . People there were so much concerned and Happy . After you book the car OK Bye bye ..​

Anyway seeing our Jetsilver Manza all the disappointments just vanished until I noticed the Number plate. It was just a normal plastic board with normal font which you can get it done for less then 200Buks at any sticker shop . Even worse the plate was cracked too when it was screwed. I was so very pissed off that for this I was charged 700Buks. . When asked he said that this is standard and every other car had the same plate. But all I could think was to get out of that place. Had planned an entire evening to take the car around for Pooja and all ruined because of this delay we just took it home and decided to do it the next day.​

So doing the finishing formalities and sales guy gave us the bill and booklets and we went home.​

Guys I am sure you would have noticed the fear when you drive a brand new car for the first time. Have been driving for 15years , driven even expensive cars like S-class but never had a fear until you drive your new car out of the showroom .​

So got home and was reading through the bills and it was mentioned that attached you would see free service coupons but we dint get any so next day called them and told that we haven't got the service coupons and they said they will look into it. After a couple of hours got a call back and they said that they had lost the Coupons and they will give a letter which can be used instead during the service. I was soo pissed off that I blasted the manager there, But seriously they weren't that much worried when I said that I will take up this issue with higher authorities.​

So these were the experience with the Dealers But worse yet to come when we took it for service.​

Drove the car went to Pondy on Ecr. I was loving it. Great drive. Very smooth Engine , very very light throttle because its drive by wire , it took some time to adjust.

After a few Hundred Kms noticed that there was a rattling sound from the front left door. Issues like this I knew would come. It goes like this new car will have all the screws loose initially or would get loose at first and first service is when they tight up everything and there it stays.​

There was also a problem with the Headlamp switch . Sometimes doesn't come on with u turn the knob, got to wait a few seconds. [cry]

The horn was working only when I press at the center but at the sides if i press doesn't work.​

So these were the initial problems.​

Clocked around 1000Kms and took it for service at the VST service station on Mount road near to Honda showroom .​

They said we had to book in advance for the service because there was a daily capacity for the number of vehicles. Strange for me since when I had a Zen we just took it in the morning to the service station and if there isn't any major works would get it in evening. OK so I told them to book it for tomorrow. They said " Sorry sir only free dates are from 15th onwards" which was two weeks from that day. I was like I don't have to take a doctors appointment that early. I directly went to the manager in-charge and complained and later they said I could bring in the car Next day morning. Phew Do I have to shout at them to get some work done.​

So took the car in morning told them about the rattling sound , Horn and about the headlights. Wanted to show them what was the problem with light but then it was working just fine. How about that. Would have happened to you too. You know that there is something wrong but when you want to show it to others Everything works perfectly. So he booked the job sheet and was told would get a call around evening when service is over.​

Around 4pm got the call saying the car was ready and could pick up in an hour. Knowing that these guys would make me wait there went at around 5:30pm and guess what had to wait another Hour.​

I asked about the rattling sound and he said that a screw from the door panel became loose and had fallen inside . I was commenting about the quality when he said that its not TATA 's fault ,screw was loose because the guys who removed the glass to fit sunscreen have not fixed it properly. WTH. Only then it struck me about the sunscreen. Wondering what else these guys missed now. Shouldnt have agreed for the sun film Was of bad quality also. I herd Free and ..mmm​

He said changed the switch for headlight and is now fine. Horn switch adjusted.​

He gave me the bill and asked me to get the gate pass. I looked at the job-card . In the bill there was nothing mentioned about the changing of light switch. I asked and then he said that they had adjusted it and is fine. I couldn't argue anymore now I was totally frustrated.​

Since it was free service Had nothing to pay. Gave me a little pink slip the gate pass and that's it. No customer bill nothing . I insisted I needed the bill mentioned about the parts changed and they said the person in-charge has gone for the day and come tomorrow. Seriously all this was new for me. Never had problems with Maruthi like this. Everything was clear and proper. So finally car came out of the garage noticed that even the Water wash hasn't been done properly. Under the wheel arches and mud flaps still had mud . Totally unsatisfied got back home. I knew there was nothing going to happen how much ever I complain.​

Luckily for me after a few days got a cal from TATA,Pune asking about the car and service . . After the call I felt sorry for the lady on the other end. All I did was complain complain and Complain. and guess what the next week we got a nice Leather Purse form them. Felt like a bribe OK lets just keep this between us. [:D]

OK guys I got loads more to Share . Let me know how did you like this post so far. So I know I haven't wasted your time here . I wanted to share all this for a long long time.​

Cheers​

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
Thanks a lot for posting such a comprehensive dealership review, Vimal. Your experience will help many people who read this thread. Now speaking about Tata, I have said it elsewhere, and would like to say again and again; the ‘taken for granted’ type attitude of their after sales and services will lead them nowhere in this competitive race. I can understand your frustration but one needs to stay firm sometimes if the dealer begins to take it easy. After all, you have spent a huge amount of sum to purchase the car. Similar kind of attitude was seen with Volkswagen Dealership too (with our member smooth_rider). The only reason why manufacturers like Maruti, Honda etc. are top-rated when it comes to after sales is because of their equal behaviour with one and all, be it pre-delivery or post-delivery of the car.

vimal said:
It was just a normal plastic board with normal font which you can get it done for less then 200Buks at any sticker shop . Even worse the plate was cracked too when it was screwed. I was so very pissed off that for this I was charged 700Buks.
Absolute rip-off. Just in-case for future reference, visit this thread where a member has performed all the registration task himself. It's informative: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/3895-new-ford-figo-zxi-diamond-white.html

vimal said:
They said we had to book in advance for the service because there was a daily capacity for the number of vehicles.
That was correct. Even I too own a Maruti and have to take an appointment for service in advance.

Drive Safe,
350Z

First of all congratulations on your purchase , Manza is one car which i consider full VFM although like your have mentioned TATA'S A.S.S spoil the entire ownership experience. I see you are from Chennai , you should have tried Concorde motors at Velachery instead. Recently a few months back got an Aria from them and experience was good if not excellent.

And i am surprised they charged you Rs.700 for that normal number plate. For my Aria they gave steel embossed plate for free and when my friend got his i20 , he got the normal plastic plate which you have got for free!

A.S.S have always been TATA'S weakness! Try to get in good relationship with one SA atleast so that he can handle your car each time and so he will know everything about your car.

Service nowadays for all manufacturers you have to get appointments , for next service onwards i suggest you to fix an appointment 2 weeks in advance.

BTW that's a very well written review of the dealership , will never suggest VST to anybody!

And i am surprised they charged you Rs.700 for that normal number plate. For my Aria they gave steel embossed plate for free and when my friend got his i20 , he got the normal plastic plate which you have got for free!
The normal plastic plates are normally given for free.

Try to get in good relationship with one SA atleast so that he can handle your car each time and so he will know everything about your car.
Service Advisors can be of great help. However i would suggest you to get in good relationship with some executive which will help you with services etc.

Service nowadays for all manufacturers you have to get appointments , for next service onwards i suggest you to fix an appointment 2 weeks in advance.
Yes, these days its better to get appointment in advance. Although in Nagpur, we dont have to go through these formalities even at Honda, i still inform the dealership a few days prior to my arrival.

Thread Starter #5
Hello again
first service was done . It was a free service so not much was done other than just tightening bolts and all.

The sound from the front right suspension still couldnt be rectified.

The head light switch assembly unit not changed

Read window frame which I had mentioned to changed still remains.

All this the reason they gave was there was no spare parts avaliable because there were many other Manzas with the same problem [frustration] and these parts were in demand.

And I noticed that now the small lights inside the power window switch was not working on any doors . Other users had this problem? blown fuse?

On the plus side this time when I put full tank showed DTM of 680 kms. although this is still low before it was showing of about 450kms only. Drove around and looks like the mileage has improved lots. Expecting to go more after the second service.

For people in Chennai. If you are planning to buy a TATA car you are better off with Concord motors or Tafe Reach.
Please I strongly do not recommend VST for Booking or for service.

Sad to hear you are having a hard time with VST motors. And like you said why not switch over to Concorde , i mean they are not the best but still okay enough.

And I noticed that now the small lights inside the power window switch was not working on any doors . Other users had this problem? blown fuse?
bad connectors ,loose contact possibly.

owning a tata car, manza and vista is wonderful with best ride and ample space with excellent fiat engine. but thinking about service and maintenance is headache.
i had also similar experience while i had indica vista. yes the front suspension always sqeaked and hissed and every time i took it to them they oiled or greased the noise returned within hours.

finally i got an impression that most of the time it is not the service centre guys solely responsible for all such niggles but manufacturer whom use low quality products probably cost cutting tricks .

After a few Hundred Kms noticed that there was a rattling sound from the front left door. Issues like this I knew would come. It goes like this new car will have all the screws loose initially or would get loose at first and first service is when they tight up everything and there it stays.
it is so true about tata and fiat cars. but rest assured other than those minor niggles there wont be any cause to dismay.
Try to get in good relationship with one SA atleast so that he can handle your car each time and so he will know everything about your car.
+1 to dhaya ,that is the trick i follow. a good SA will help out at least for a better reputation for himself and would let you know some tricks and tactics like which day is better to take the car for servicing, what all areas can cause trouble and other improvisations etc

Hi guys

i am a new member to the team and i already own a Ford Ikon 1.3 and now i have booked a Punto MJD 90 HP from VST Mount road. May i know what brand is the Sunfilm they offered to you as free?

Hi friends,
Our experience with Concorde chennai velacherry was the worst & night mare. we booked a NANO while taking the delivery they fleezed us with extra cash on various accounts stating bribe to RTO, petrol,etc later they said TATA has reduced the margins hence they were forced to charge . The night mare comes now when the car got stuck up they sent us pillar to post as they do not have a service point in the city , we have to go out of city ambattur or ECR road it is like a long drive , when the vehicle would n't start how do we go there , it is not their botheration..

The responsible persons hide themselves make the trainees as shield who keep changing we go frustrated ..just 2 days ago we called them for break down the girl said some one will call from the service , we were on the road after 1/2 hour we called she just transferred the line to team lead apparently she left us in ......

concorde management should look into such feed back and service the customer who are in dire need it requires managements wish to train their employees and TATA should also take this seriously..

Top Bottom