Review of MicroVBB Black Box

ilango[speed thirst];32454 said:
Raj must be enjoying the cool feature. If you have a navigator , you can connect them , provided you get a high end navigator system.

High end security system even traps the thief inside by locking the car. Have heard this from one person in this line , have not seen in real
But then cant the lock be opened again from the inside??

But if its true and really works then the thieves can be caught red-handed!

The thing he said is the car stops in road (must be immobilisers working) locks the door and then gives out siren. so the locks cant be opened i suppose. No perfect idea . have to confirm with dealer.

Thread Starter #19
yes, the car stops on the road, the hooter starts blowing, the hazard lights start blinking & the door locks. but i guess a person inside can easily open the doors.

I have a question !! How does the microVBB work, I understand that the box is some way connected to the engine which would immobilize the engine if not unlocked, but the new scorpios already come with immobilizer, is this any different ?

-- Is the immobilizer hack proof ?
-- Wouldn't the thief be intelligent enough to remove the "sim" card (for gps tracking or used to inform the owner about the theft) before taking away the vehicle (as in Raj's case I am sure there was a big group behind the attempt since they did not care about other valuable things in the car)
-- or anybody who can install the instrument can also remove it, isn't it possible ?

Since all new vehicles are microcontroller based controls, are they more prone to hacking ( as s/w hacking is more easier than h/w) ?

just curious

Thread Starter #24
I have a question !! How does the microVBB work, I understand that the box is some way connected to the engine which would immobilize the engine if not unlocked, but the new scorpios already come with immobilizer, is this any different ?
the thief knows to crack the scorpio's immobilizer, it will take him a while to crack MicroVBB.

-- Is the immobilizer hack proof ?
i hope it is!

-- Wouldn't the thief be intelligent enough to remove the "sim" card (for gps tracking or used to inform the owner about the theft) before taking away the vehicle (as in Raj's case I am sure there was a big group behind the attempt since they did not care about other valuable things in the car)
how will he know there is a tracker installed in my car? there are no external tell tale signs!

to remove the sim card, he will have to access the black box. to access the BB, he will have to open the door. once he opens the door, i get a SMS.

-- or anybody who can install the instrument can also remove it, isn't it possible ?
again, to remove, he has to open the door.

Last edited:
thanks raj, but that does not convince me

every car has lights which switch on /off depending upon if door is closed or open. To do this work there is a small switch which operates when door is closed or opened.

So I believe for the VBB to know if door is closed or opened there should be a similar switch or the same light switch is used in parallel for this purpose.

so the hacker would first search for any extra switches on the door sill ( to know if any device is attached), second put a tape on the switch so that the switch does not go off (they operate in reverse direction), after that its very easy.

I sure the device would be built taking care of all these thinks, these are my thoughts to understand the device better .

thanks

Thread Starter #26
thanks raj, but that does not convince me

every car has lights which switch on /off depending upon if door is closed or open. To do this work there is a small switch which operates when door is closed or opened.

So I believe for the VBB to know if door is closed or opened there should be a similar switch or the same light switch is used in parallel for this purpose.

so the hacker would first search for any extra switches on the door sill ( to know if any device is attached), second put a tape on the switch so that the switch does not go off (they operate in reverse direction), after that its very easy.

I sure the device would be built taking care of all these thinks, these are my thoughts to understand the device better .

thanks
no issues buddy, i am not marketing MicroVBB here! LOL! i have already stated that no system is theft proof.

regarding the switches, i better keep quiet. else, it of no use installing the security feature in my car! but again, to disable that switch, he has to know that there is MicroVBB installed in my car.

but let me add one thing- ok, the thief finds out a way to disable the door message. what next? how will he start the car? i have mentioned that if i lock/arm the car with my remote, the engine is immobilized. even if the thief gets in my car, he wont be able to start my car.

if he tries to, i will again get a SMS. how will he disable that?

Thread Starter #27
Guys, a small issue.

the door locking motor which the MicroVBB guys fitted is not working now! as i have said in my initial posts that this motor was fitted so that the same remote would ARM the system as well as lock the doors so that i would not have to carry two remotes. but now the remote just ARMS/DISARMS the system but does not LOCK/UNLOCK the doors.

i would like to point out that this motor is not a part of the MicroVBB kit & while installing this motor, they told me that this is without guarantee/warranty but assured me it has a long life. i never imagined it would go kaput in 4 days!

i now have to carry two remotes- the nippon one to lock/unlock the doors & the MicroVBB one to ARM/DISARM the system! i paid Rs. 1500/- for that motor. what do i do now?

will they replace the motor free of cost or will they ask me to shell out Rs. 1500 again? if its the latter, what should i do? i am not interested to get into an argument with them as i would need their help for any future assistance/services. are such motors available in the market? if possible, any reputed brand? so that i could buy a motor & they just need to install it. i anyways need to buy an Autocop hooter.

First of all, bring this motor issue to their notice and get their opinion on it. Ofcourse try to get it replaced by them since they only had assured you that it will work for good amount. And 4days are too less man. After all you have spent the hard earned money, ask for a free replacement.

Don't worry about their future help.
Just go there and show it to him, No need of buying another motor.
Just blast him if he doesn't listens.
You should not be mild raj in these situations.
Raj tell him to replace with a new one.
And check whether autocop motor is available, pay the extra amount for autocop and exchange it with existing one.
Never ever go for the existing one.

Last edited:
Well yeah even if you don want to blast them atleast bring it to their notice! Then only they will come to know about their fault and will stop doing this in other cars also. And yeah ask for a free replacement also if possible provided they assure you that atleast this will last longer.

Top Bottom