Review: LED Headlight Conversion Bulbs For Cars & Bikes

Here is a long due update on performance of LED headlights. It's been nearly 2 years since i upgraded both headlights and fog lights on my car with LED bulbs. Both bulbs were sourced from Aliexpress. My car has covered 20k Kms since the upgrade. I prefer my long drives at night hence a major portion of 20k kms was covered at night.I have to admit that i'm extremely impressed & satisfied with the upgrade. These bulbs have performed flawlessly even during heavy rains and Fogs.I usually cruise at 100-110 Kmph on divided highways and the high beam range is phenomenal. I have not faced any performance degradation issues. These lights are as bright as they were when i bought them. To Sum it up, i could't have asked for any better lighting option under 2,500 rupees.I have also upgraded my scooter , a TVS Jupiter with LED headlights.

Please find YT link for my dashcam footage. You can clearly see how effective the lights are. Please excuse the quality of the video, my dashcam is an ancient piece by today's standards.

@bhvm

Thread Starter #557

bhvm

Honoured Member
You can clearly see how effective the lights are. Please excuse the quality of the video, my dashcam is an ancient piece by today's standards.
Sumesh, are these those 4300k Lights form aliexpress? I seem to have forgotten. BTW the High-low beam i just perfect.

After my initial post on May 24, 2017 when i bought these CNsunnylights 20 W( low beam) 40watt (High beam) led's from aliexpress, i never came to post the results for the leds. Had bought a pair of them, after more than 2 yrs 8 months one of them is still working well, the other one went bad due to the ballast. I used these on my two wheelers, the one on the pulsar went bad after 1.5 yrs and the other one i am using now is still working well on my completely DC converted access, with a rewound stator coil and gixxer 155 Rectifier. The pics i am posting are from my access 125 bs 4.

Based on XM l2 or MKR chip, still selling for 2.8k for a pair. US $37.02 30% OFF|CNSUNNYLIGHT H4 Hi/Lo H7 LED H11 9005 9006 Car Headlight Kit 80W 8000lm 6000K White Car Lighting Bulbs Automotive Lights 12V 24V-in Car Headlight Bulbs(LED) from Automobiles & Motorcycles on AliExpress

Attachments

Bhvm sir!
An year back I had bought this pair of COB based H4 leds on the recommendation of a friend. Tried it on my Nano and the result was downright pathetic. In a few days one the bulb's High beam stopped working and the seller had shipped me a replacement pair. But I simply couldn't drive with one faulty light and changed to 90/100 watts lamps with relays. Later when the replacement arrived I didn't bother to change It as that setup was doing a wonderful job. Now the car changed , I decided to check if the HL assembly could accommodate an LED and to my surprise it did. The replacement the seller shipped is in my native and will be getting it by next weekend. In the meantime I tried to figure out which bulb was faulty and to my surprise both works fine now [lol]

So I plonked in them and the brightness was surely an improvement over stock HL. But these being COB means that all I get is a flood of light and no clear cut off. I'm contemplating on going for a CSP chip based bulb and have zeroed in on a few .
1) US $22.49 25% OFF|CNSUNNYLIGHT Car LED Headlight Bulbs All in One H7 H11 H1 880 H3 9005 9006 9012 5202 72W 8500LM H4 H13 9007 High Low Beam Lights-in Car Headlight Bulbs(LED) from Automobiles & Motorcycles on AliExpress
2) US $13.66 36% OFF|CNSUNNYLIGHT COB H7 LED H4 H11 H8 H1 9005 9006 HB3 HB4 H3 881 Auto Headlight Bulbs 72W 12000Lm 6500K 4300K LED Car Light Styling-in Car Headlight Bulbs(LED) from Automobiles & Motorcycles on AliExpress
3) US $23.17 55% OFF|NIGHTEYE H4 H8 H7 H11 9005 9006 LED Car Headlight Bulbs 8000LM SEOUL Chips CSP LED Headlights All in one Head Lamp Front Light-in Car Headlight Bulbs(LED) from Automobiles & Motorcycles on AliExpress
4) US $8.82 51% OFF|ZES 1860 Chips Car Headlight LED H7 H4 Light Bulbs H1 H11 H3 H13 9004 9005 9006 9007 10000LM 12V 3000K 4500K 6500K Auto Lamp-in Car Headlight Bulbs(LED) from Automobiles & Motorcycles on AliExpress
5) US $21.04 20% OFF|Aceersun H7 LED H4 Car Headlight Bulbs H8 H11 HB3 9005 HB4 9006 H1 9012 H15 Hi Lo Beam 72W 12000LM CSP Chip Fog Light Lamps Bulb-in Car Headlight Bulbs(LED) from Automobiles & Motorcycles on AliExpress

out of these, 4500k seems to be a rare product and is available only with InFitary brand which seems to be a lesser known brand. The rest being 6500k . what are your inputs about the same as most seem to be opting for Cn sunny light or Hlxg

Thread Starter #560

bhvm

Honoured Member
Hello back,
By all means avoid going to COB again and do get an 4300k Bulb as far as possible. I am not satisfied with any of the links you have posted above.
Here is what I would buy-
US $20.69 44% OFF|HLXG H7 Led H4 With Lumileds Luxeon ZES Chips Car Headlight Bulbs H1 LED H11 H8 HB3 9005 HB4 Lamp 6500K 4300K 5000K 12V 12000LM-in Car Headlight Bulbs(LED) from Automobiles & Motorcycles on AliExpress

Infitary is cheaper but the Chips do not look like originals.
The reason why I avoided HLXg was the negative feedback on other forums , feedback about it failing soon compared to other brands. I know that all these LEDs are chinese . But, still buying something despite negative feedback is itching me

Thread Starter #562

bhvm

Honoured Member
Get Infitiary then. Its still a known brand. But talking about chip life on any of these Chinese LED lamps is futile.
Infantry just mentions "ZES" chips. Now ZES was originally a Philips development, but they never said "Philips ZES" in description. So probably a copy.

HLXg is boldly Claiming Lumilieds Luxeon (Which developed early High power LEDs and then was merged into Philips).

Last edited:
Get Infitiary then. Its still a known brand. But talking about chip life on any of these Chinese LED lamps is futile.
Infantry just mentions "ZES" chips. Now ZES was originally a Philips development, but they never said "Philips ZES" in description. So probably a copy.

HLXg is boldly Claiming Lumilieds Luxeon (Which developed early High power LEDs and then was merged into Philips).
Thanks bhvm. And also won't the current issues with corona virus affect the shipping?

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I have been planning to change my stock headlight bulbs to Phillips Xtreme vision bulbs.
Today, I have checked with one shop who advise that Tungsram Megalight Ultra +150 is better than Phillips extreme vision.

IMG-20200903-WA0015.jpg

Found some details/review about the bulb:

Please advise

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I purchased 2 sets of Philips Xtreme vision bulbs through Amazon asunder:

Philipis X-tremeVision G-Force H1 12V/55W - High beam (2 bulbs)
Philips X-tremeVision G-Force H11 12V/55W - Low beam (2 bulbs)

DSC09706.JPG

Will fix it when I take the car to the accessory shop for fixing the front camera.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Do update its review @Nairrk sir.
Yes, will do after fixing the bulbs. I tried to do it myself, but I was not able to locate the sockets.

I have opened the bonnet to see the headlamp position. I could see the socket cover, but looks like only one bulb can go inside. I am not sure if two sockets available inside the single cover or two separate sockets will be there. As such there will be one more socket cover around, but I can't see/locate

The user manual clearly says low beam and then high beam bulb replacement procedure, but just only one socket cover is visible clearly. In any case I have to go to the accessory shop for fitting the front camera, so think, I will do the bulb fitting there itself instead of myself fiddling it here.

Will also try to take a video how the technician is doing the bulb change.!

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I have opened the bonnet to see the headlamp position. I could see the socket cover, but looks like only one bulb can go inside. I am not sure if two sockets available inside the single cover or two separate sockets will be there. As such there will be one more socket cover around, but I can't see/locate
Further to my last post, I have checked and verified the code numbers written on the bulb pack and found all are genuine Philips. However, on the package, it is written as H11 bulbs are; made in Germany;, whereas H1 bulbs are 'made in China'. Do Philips have a manufacturing facility in China?

In the meantime, managed to find both the sockets (H1 and H11), but a bit difficult to reach H11 socket. May have to remove something fixed on top of it as otherwise only two fingers can go to that position and not that easy to remove the bulbs from that socket. !

Top Bottom