Reverse Parking Sensors - Suggestions Needed

I have Ford Aspire which doesn't come with parking sensor in any variant. It has shiny maroon bumper which I don't want to drill for these sensors.

I searched on Google to find any alternative way and finally I found electromagnetic parking sensors rather than using traditional electroscopic parking sensors.

I looked for this sensor in market but it is not available. So I again googled for it and finally I found it on
Buy Electromagnetic reverse car parking sensor, no holes in bumpers Online in India - 83686326 - ShopClues.com

Some basic things I want to share with you guys which I came to know about electromagnetic.

In Electromagnetic parking sensor kit, there is an adhesive metal tape which sticks inside the bumper which works as an antenna. It gets stick from start to end of the bumper so its coverage is 100%. It is connected to a buzzer which beeps sound at three frequencies at three different levels. First at 3 feet and 2 feet and 1 feet far from the object. Good thing about this sensor is it can be connected to any vehicle no matter front or rear bumper. It just need 12v DC power which common all the cars.

So I installed it on both the bumpers. One smart thing I done is, I have given power to parking sensor in front bumper by fog lamp so whenever I need parking aid I just turn on fog lamp and parking sensor get activated. By doing this I can save myself from unnecessary alerts.
looks interesting. are they more accurate and better than the 4 round type sensors. i have a new grand i10 and would need sensors and a cam for reversing. did you install them yourself as i think mechanics may not be that aware on how to install this new thing.

looks interesting. are they more accurate and better than the 4 round type sensors. i have a new grand i10 and would need sensors and a cam for reversing. did you install them yourself as i think mechanics may not be that aware on how to install this new thing.
Yes Puneet, Electromagnetic Parking Sensor (EPS) is 100% accurate and it is the latest technology in India. The 4 round sensors you are talking about is Ultrasonic Parking Sensor (UPS) which we can not cover at the start and end part of the bumper that means left and right of car just after the doors. Since EPS sensor is a adhesive metal tape and it's size is really big, so it covers the entire bumper.

Steps to install the UPS is:
1. Make holes in car bumper, 2 at left side of bumper and 2 at right side of bumper
2. Set 4 sensors in the holes
3. Connect sensors wires to Electronic Control Unit
4. Connect ECU to cars reverse parking light to get activated when you reverse your car
that's it, installation done for UPS.

Similarly for EPS installation following are the steps:
1. Unscrew bumper and clean it from inside with wet and then dry cloth, so that sensor can stick on bumper.
2. Stick the sensor tape from start of the bumper to end of the bumper.
Now step 3 and four are same as UPS installation
and finally screw the bumper again.

So the mechanic who can install UPS can also install EPS.

Thanks a lot. These hidden sensors look much more vfm ! Just concerned that once they remove bumper the factory fit will go and rattles will creep in. And also the rear light wire will need to be spliced right or any conector is available.

Your concern is right, it has to be done by experienced mechanic.

If parking sensor is not fited from factory then wire has to be cut because in new car all the connections are sealed.

Looking for best brands of parking sensors

Hi Guys!

I already have reverse parking sensors fitted to my car. It costed me Rs 1000 around two years back. I had purchased it online, the problem with it is that whenever I reach very close to obstruction it beeps and then it malfunctions i.e it almost stops working. The person who fitted says there is some problem in the sensors. Since it was purchased online and it has no warrenty I didn't return it, and since then using them.

I'm looking to replace them now with some branded product.
So please suggest me some good sensors.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Looking for best brands of parking sensors

You can look at autocop reverse parking sensors. Costed me 2300rs (talking model with display on the irvm)
If you want to have a camera as well , autocop has another model with camera , big display on irvm , bluetooth , sd card support which costs around 5500 rs.

Another user bought a nippon make reverse parking sensor with camera plus electronic auto dimming irvm which costed him 10k from a ford dealer. ( in local shop the price should be less , don't know the model number)

Guys, I have a 2009 model swift LXI. I am looking for a simple but accurate reverse parking sensor, one which beeps. I dont need fancy things like camera or display. Just sound and small dotted display on dashboard is fine for me. Any recommendations? Also how much will mechanic charge to install it?

Top Bottom