Revamped Hyundai i10 Now Launched (Pg.6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, the car & its dash doesn't look too bad in the pic. I will be visiting a Hyundai showroom today, and will be back with pics.

Wow, the new i 10 is definately looking hot and honestly a good upgrade from the current one. I am happy Hyundai didnt spoil the looks as they did with the Verna Transform.

The AC vent rings and door handles (Sportz & ASta) are now chrome instead of silver-painted.

The USB & Aux-in ports
The dash color is very similar to the Indigo e-CS's.
Mom feels the rear seat has been lowered by an inch.

Attachments

We test drove the Cuppa 2 y'day. Some observations -
1. Pulling force/ pickup is much better than my i10.
2.The car feels more solid; 28kg added.
3. Ride is also really better, and roll & handling improved.
4. 2cm added to the length.
5. Audio system on the Asta/Sportz has been upgraded along with new speakers, and sounds very nice.
6. The dash color is very, very pleasing on the road, unlike what is conveyed in pictures and in the dark showroom.
7. Tilt steering now only on the Asta.
8. TD and display cars had Apollo Tyres, while my i10 and older ones lying around had Bridgestone.
9. Less than 2 weeks for delivery.
10. No Discounts, barring exchange bonus, discounted/free acessories.

We've decided to buy one soon. It is a great improvement over the older i10.

1. agreed
2. agreed
3. i did not feel anything as such
4. may be
5. may be
6. agreed
7. may be
8. i did drive a car which had BS. but i would prefer apollo acceleres(had a 30min discussion with the show room manager to give us an i10 with apollos)
9. 1 week flat here
10. agreed. this is what put my friend away from booking for another 1 month or so.

@ Arkin Congratulations buddy , the i10 just got more VFM with those new features. What color now , again white?

@ Sriharsha I don think even waiting for a month will fetch your friend offers , just look at i20!

Arkin, any reason for buying one more i10? As I see lots of cars in your signature.

My observations
1. Pulling force/ pickup is much better than my i10.
I didnt noticed the same
2.The car feels more solid; 28kg added.
50 - 50
3. Ride is also really better, and roll & handling improved.
IMHO its the same
4. 2cm added to the length.
Correct
5. Audio system on the Asta/Sportz has been upgraded along with new speakers, and sounds very nice.
Correct
6. The dash color is very, very pleasing on the road, unlike what is conveyed in pictures and in the dark showroom.
Correct
7. Tilt steering now only on the Asta.
Correct. Maybe costcutting on other varients
8. TD and display cars had Apollo Tyres, while my i10 and older ones lying around had Bridgestone.
Bridgestones are equally good
9. Less than 2 weeks for delivery.
OK
10. No Discounts, barring exchange bonus, discounted/free acessories.
Its new

Today I got a call from a friend and in his opinion my old asta is much better than current asta. Also I got call from a person who narrated the same story as my friend.

Amit, we had nearly booked an SX4, when one fine morning, after an exhausting photo session with my scale models, and a looong walk at Lalbagh, our family got into the i10, and as we were going home, we started thinking, Hey, this car has all that we'll ever need. Its comfy for the elders, easy and peppy to drive, a car that easily makes us blush, and has somehwhat, thanks to its fortes, emotionally bonded with all the members of the family. Why need a big car when we already get one from the office? All this was strengthened after y'days TD. And , and with a lot of discussion decided to go in for yet another i10. Besides, we save nearly 5 lakh (and maybe more!) :biggrin: Enough money to buy me a Honda city when I go to college!

Sorry if i went OT guys, but I'm a hard core i10 lover. At first I too hated the new i10. Look at my comments a few page back, which were outrageous!!

Oh, and I need to change signature.

Last edited:
Good to know your views. I also share EXACT feelings which you just jotted down. "I saved nearly 7 lacs as I chose i10 auto asta over octavia l&k". I had even handed over cheque to the dealer. When the sales guy went for receipt, I just asked my Dad, do we really need that kind of car? He said I was exactly thinking the same. I hurriedly took the cheque and went in for i10.My friends really blasted me for my decision then. However after sitting in my i10 for couple of long rides, they are also considering to sell their big cars and opt for a practical hatch like i10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom