HM Ambassador MK-II: Restoring To Original Shape

Thread Starter #62
hi all just back from my car visit ,painting is going on snails pase base coat is put and we found out radiator leak the painter suggested its better to get the car properly repaired as the previous mechanic did not do any work on it ,now i have to get the car properly checked like
new radiator,clutch plate,brake liner ,bushes,get the fuel pump serviced ....... as the car was in garage from past few months felt these are necessary things to do ,blasted at the previous tinkerin and mechanic person for not doin the work well past is past lets see what we can do next,mean time went hunting for some mark 2 parts like bumpers,have found them and also the mark 2 emblem . will soon will upload the pictures . the colour finally choosed was royal maroon dark as possible .as the painter suggested .lets see what will be the outcome.

Thread Starter #63
wider tyres will look good but i have decided to go for nylons to keep up the original.
you have rightly said nitrous those paint jobs will look good but not suit the old cars .

Dark Maroon looks excellent on an Ambassador. If you are so particular about the period look, why don't you hunt for a set of nice whiewalled tyres? They'd look great indeed.

Thread Starter #65
i am doing my level best to find parts to retain the originality ,
thanks sam for your reply ya dark maroon will look good but most of them suggested to go for other colors as they have not seen maroon ambys ,but i am goin ahead with my color plans . ya white walled tyres will look fantastic and majestic look but i still havent found them still hunting for white walled tyres .do you know where will get them if you know then please let me know

350Z

Core Team
ya white walled tyres will look fantastic and majestic look but i still havent found them still hunting for white walled tyres .do you know where will get them if you know then please let me know
Give a shot to aftermarket white wall inserts from Autorunner. If I’m not mistaken someone else too mentioned about that in this thread earlier.

Drive Safe,
350Z

WOW.. color looks very nice. One suggestion add alloys with chrome finish it will add character to your car.

BTW are you not getting the underbody and engine bay painted ?

Colour choice is excellent buddy.
So nice to see the Ambassador in its full glory. the car that ruled Indian Roads

Wow nice to see an Amby getting restored. The choice of shade is really good, all those chrome fittings will be complemented by that shade. Once rubbed & polished i can't imagine the shine it will bring out to the car & your face [:)] .

Thread Starter #72
thanks sam
its a painful process when getting it done in different state and new people .but work process is goin on with gud quality workmanship

Thread Starter #73
thanks guys ,hope u all liked it ,
varun engine bay is not painted but underbody chasiss will be painted black.
have not thought about alloy wheels as it will look different i want to keep the original discs to get the period look. to get this color had to discuss with the painter and the paint dealer to get the same wave length .

Thread Starter #74
any one who can help me with the outer head light ring which is in a shape of a cap .tried a lot for that but unsuccesfull

i am not sure that's why asking, does your car has power brakes?
off all the times i have ridden Amby (i learned to drive in an Amby) the one thing that was hard on me was the brakes.
is it possible to add power brakes to ambassador as after market fitting?

Top Bottom