HM Ambassador MK-II: Restoring To Original Shape

Just show him this image...
And try to get your car painted in a air tight cuboid...
I mean i've seen that local painters paint cars in open atmosphere where paint catches all the dust and unwanted things.. which sticks to paint and makes it rough.

Speedodude, I know 3ambys 2008model company owned diesel for sale. 2 in running, one stopped due to engine trouble. Just thought it might be of interest to you.

Thread Starter #48
Just show him this image.
And try to get your car painted in a air tight cuboid. I mean i've seen that local painters paint cars in open atmosphere where paint catches all the dust and unwanted things.. which sticks to paint and makes it rough.
the painter is a local painter and they paint it in a small shed ,i have tried to find out good paint booth but couldnt find it as its a small city where the car is now ,due to painters good reputation there have taken a small risk . it all maters the finish he gives or plan b colour is milky white which we normally refer it as cream shade which is common in nowa days new cars .

that hornet with white walled tyres is a beauty ,been hunting for white walled tyres for my car ,no success

any one from this forum who could help me find white walled nylon tyres around coimbatore ,or bangalore would be of great help for me .

and regarding chrome plating the grill and the bumper can u suggest me how much would be the cost and where they do it in coimbatore

thanks markiv for the info but right now there is no plans for goin for any other car ,

Last edited by a moderator:
You can paint the walls of Your normal tires ...
May be
been hunting for white walled tyres for my car ,no success

any one from this forum who could help me find white walled nylon tyres around coimbatore ,or bangalore would be of great help for me .
Do not paint. A good option would be the whitewall tyre inserts from Autorunner. Contact Daryl Menezes and he'll give you the details. Same guy who supplied the Coil Spring Assisters for my i10. PM me if you want his number.

Thread Starter #52
thanks nitrous for your feed back ,
regarding about white walls paint,have enquired about paint they say paints fade away quickly ,special compound is used to paint these walls to retain the glow and durability .
here are few snaps of the car,have pleaded the painter to finish the work as quick as possible as monsoons will be comming .we cant even shput with the painter if we do then they will play with the quality of work so patience my boy is the only word i keep telling myself. when ever i go there he asks for a advance with no other way have to oblige.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #55
no varun planning to paint it dark maroon or what they say tuscan wine. all say light colours are good but as there are more chrome fittings it will be nice and definitely be a head turner .
yes we do have a/c but its very old and not working , planning to go for sunking ,but i will fit it last

350Z

Core Team
no varun planning to paint it dark maroon or what they say tuscan wine. all say light colours are good but as there are more chrome fittings it will be nice and definitely be a head turner
Nice to see that the paintwork has begun. Please don’t go overboard with the chrome. I’m quite eager to see the outcome of this restoration.

Drive Safe,
350Z

@speedodude: In my hometown I seen a Amby with Full black paint with dark maroon inside the chrome on the side profiles..

Here I attached the sample Pic of that.. But, the original will look neat & clean.. really a head turner[:)]

Attachments

NIce..
What do you think about attaching wider tires.
They will look awesome.

@speedodude: In my hometown I seen a Amby with Full black paint with dark maroon inside the chrome on the side profiles..

Here I attached the sample Pic of that.. But, the original will look neat & clean.. really a head turner[:)]
Good work , but i dont think that Speedodude will go for that type of paint jobs...

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom