HM Ambassador MK-II: Restoring To Original Shape

The car looks in good shape. Evident from picture, rust has started on rear bumper and at the edges of fenders. The car has been maintained well. You wont be spending much on cosmetic front.
How about the engine condition?

Thread Starter #33
engine is matador and is in good condition ,gearbox is same old amby style .
have got parts from the scrap market like old disc 3nos,front grill,bumpers and the tamilnadu style alterdash board.

Dash board looks like the new Ambassador, the steering looks very good. (the horn wheel)
Any plans for power steering ?

The color looks good, also the 2nd pic interiors will look good..

Thread Starter #35
thanks varun,the dash board infact is of the new style we had now, but this type is a pain for any repair work if there is any minor repair we have to remove the whole dashboard which was told by our mechanics and electritian in our home town ,so in coimbatore they have alter dashboard which is a customization work easy for access.
the interiors which we had was good due to the garage people negligence has been lost the charm so there is no other alternative then go for the new ones.
no plans for the power steering as it already has a power steering i.e our muscle power on the steering [:)] .usually ambys go for lite colours especially white
but this marron or tuscan wine colour is different it should be a head turner with the chrome asthetics

heard koyas in coimbatore are good

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
planning to put this colour to our car whats ur opinion.and some of the interiors which i have seen in the garage all these cars interior works have been done in koyas &sons coimbatore
Great Going! Ambassadors in dark colors look equally nice. Different interiors though feel better but I am in favor to retain the originality. Best of luck. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

+1 on that. Originality is where the charm of such cars lie. Keep it stock and focus modifications only in as much as they would improve upon reliability.

Thread Starter #38
process of finding good and original type parts is very hard to find like the dash board and the meters and most important the white wall tyres,for exteriors i have made some justice but havent found the tail light assembly and number plate light assembley searching and searching ,once found numberplate assembley but the cup was missing the person who gave me told me that its easy to get at any parts dealers if not he will get it i told him to get it after that repeatedly phone calls to him ,now he dosent answer it feels like i am taken for a ride there ,now wat part i have got its a waste with out the cup ,and my money too next time must be carefull when dealing with these type of people .and it not easy for me to be there always as i have to be back to my place .

Thread Starter #39
planning to upgrade the engine to isuzu but is it easy to just change or is there any rto formalities i have seen some cars in pollachi and coimbatore and here in mangalore too some are tourist taxis they have changed the engine when asked about did they follow any procedures they just told me they just installed it and when fc time comes they just use a broker. how come its possible when in rc book an engine is mentioned is it possible to change need advice and want to discuss this matter in this forum please do

Hi Dude

Hearty congrats for your project. Regarding engine conversion from Matador to Isuzu, at present RTO norms wont allow to do so. But those process is still going on, i.e., there are persons who will fix the same engine number of older engine to the newly fitted ones as per the RC book.[:)] But you should be cautious while doing so, whether the endorsement number is same as per the book.

Thread Starter #42
thanks codename,
it has matador engine. but would love to plonk the isuzu diesel engine, but now its not possible as for the rto rules

planning to put this colour to our car whats ur opinion.and some of the interiors which i have seen in the garage all these cars interior works have been done in koyas &sons coimbatore
Never seen this before in any car..

Just awesome !

And with Shiny Tuscan Wine Color along with Some little chrom accessories it will be fabulous.. Take a look at that Hudson Hornet--

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #44
nitrous ,down south india you should see the interiors they are just too good ,
that hudson is toooooooooooooooo good what a royal look the colour is just what i am planning for our ambassadoor car . i hope my painter gets the exact shade what i have in mind .
do we get any shade card of dupont so that i can show him

oh is it?
isuzu engines are nice man

well good luck and you have a long way to go but never lose heart
keep doing the right work

Top Bottom