HM Ambassador MK-II: Restoring To Original Shape

I can't stop looking at it, such a fantastic job has been done on your Amby, almost made me tempted to pick one up [:)].
The color is looking period, and that shine is to die for, damn. those mirrors.
The interior too is great, must be a pleasure to ride in it with that AC lounge & a screen too. The design pattern on the roof too looks real nice.

Please post some engine bay pics too, would love to have a look.

Hi speedodude, the interiors are very good ! Does the front seats have recliner and slider ? The paint job is awesome ! Do post how your amby performed on the trip.

The only thing missing is white walled tires.

I just love the interior. looks wonderful.
it feels really good that the Amby will once again roar through the roads!

Thread Starter #99
Hi speedodude, the interiors are very good ! Does the front seats have recliner and slider ? The paint job is awesome ! Do post how your amby performed on the trip.

The only thing missing is white walled tires.
thanks varun ,the seats are called semibucket seats had to search the frame in various markets actually i got it from a scrap yard i was lucky to find it in good shape , yes it has a recliners and sliders .the upholstery guy has done a good job .

Thread Starter #101
the pains i have undergone to get the work done and to source the materials ,and that too in a different environment where no much contacts .
there were some issues with the car when i took it for trial run when breaking the car was pulling towards right some alignment problem and the clutch had to be adjusted .got it done ,the day of my travel had to make some preparations as to get the emmision test done as i had to pass 2 states tamilnadu and kerala so i do not have to take any chances .everything has to be uptodate, got the wheels allignment done and i started towards mangalore.as no one to accompany me other than my cd's and i say its a fantastic company .

Thread Starter #103
only three things missing i,e the cap type headlight ring ,the ambassador logo and white wall tyres trying trying and trying. here in our town had met a mechanic he says that he has a set of white wall tyres when i saw the tyres it was not in good condition few holes near the wall of the tyres and its a resoled ones and he is charging 7k for that set. ridiculous .

Do not paint. A good option would be the whitewall tyre inserts from Autorunner. Contact Daryl Menezes and he'll give you the details. Same guy who supplied the Coil Spring Assisters for my i10. PM me if you want his number.
+1 to that.
have you considered Peter's suggestion? i have seen some of the inserts (in internet), actually they might look good. give it a try.

wow!! where there is a will there is a way. speedodude great work on your ambi. was, is and will be my dream vehicle. very jealous of you. keep up the good work. drive safe and may it serve you for generations to come

Top Bottom