Restoring 1988 Maruti 800

It could be better if you had removed every thing inside the car and get the water wash done. So that all the dust/ mud would be washed out from the side frames etc.

Do post the pic's of the painted floor.

I think welding is a must to fix that huge hole in front bottom corner of floor. However if you are using metal paste, it can fill the space, but damage is already done. I am not trying to find faults but please do not ignore such places/cracks especially in M800. Also before you apply metal paste, scratch out those rubber mat kind of thing which is partially torn see pic below. & then work on it.
P1000525.jpg

How did they remove the tank? did they jack the car up or was there a tunnel below in the parked place or is it easy to remove by just sleeping below car & unbolting? I wanted to clean my fuel tank so asking so many questions.

Thread Starter #64
Yes Varun bhai,i have completely removed the seats and washed the floor.
Then cleaned with sand paper and washed again,
I was willing to do the welding work but my friend suggested tht as for vitamin M prob and also winter has arrived so less chances of rain water entering the cabin are there and decided to console ourselves by only applying filler in the gaps.
I will be posting the interior pics by evening with painted floor and with new body trims.
Also planning to fix new Driver seat Belt assembly with auto roll facility,Can somebody suggest the correct price pls, as i have enquired in only one place and the guy is asking for 1100 bucks,Is MGA available for the same..how much is the price ?
SS80,for replacing fuel gauge/cleaning fuel tank/removing tank,you have to use jack and lift the rear up to accommodate the tripod stand like jack and then only you can safely remove the fuel tank. But remember i had noticed that around 1 and 1/2 ltr of fuel is always reserve in the tank and in my experience it cud not be drained by me.You can take help from Varun Bhai or Jarpickle for the same..C YA.[glasses]

My car has auto roll seatbelts in it, I am not sure to what extent it is MGA or aftermarket. But it works fine & yes it does auto roll. However I suggest you to buy the type 2 seat belts (they come with that metal rod kind of thing from floor to fix the hook, in ours (type1) you have a thick cloth in plastic cladding.

Varun: can you post a pic of your seatbelt.

Thread Starter #66
Dear Friends
Want to give you all a sad news that i had an unfortunate accident today while returning from Puri with family,MY BRAKES FAILED,I am very astonished on this regard as i had replaced the master cylinder with a brand new one 2 months ago,I had a speed of 40 KM/HR and thanks to the spongy brakes i banged to a Tata ACE from back,just thank my goodness that my hand suddenly got hold of hand brakes and the BANG was very less than expected.I really don't feel well by the CAR'S behavior.Will be going through a thorough inspection tomorrow and also post the pics of damage done.
I feel mentally and emotionally stressed by this incident.Please help me.

Thread Starter #75
Dear Varun bhai,thanks
Its all due to three reasons :-1)Little Rust 2)A little More rust 3) More and more rust everywhere.[anger]
But i cant blame the car keeping in mind its age.A humble suggestion for all of m800 owners and lovers to keep a strict eye on these sensitive parts as these a life savers as well as life takers.I still wonder & shiver what would have happened if i was driving at 60-70 km/hr and it would have happened.Anyways all is well that ends well.
Today"s expenses
$ Brake pipe:-Rs.550(Two pieces)It comes like a bunch in spring shape which you have to rewind very carefully otherwise it may break.
$ KBX Brake oil 250 ml:-Rs.135.
$ Labour charge:-Rs 400.
Still some adjustment needed as pedal is having more play than usual..

Top Bottom