Restoring 1988 Maruti 800

Thread Starter #31
Another boring day as holiday in orissa,so decided to work some DIY,went to auto market to fetch some parts listed below and bought them
1) alto gearlever plastic console -rs.370
2) led light -rs.70
3) matt black spray paint-rs.100
4) revieria sticker for m800 -rs.325
Here r some pics

Attachments

Thread Starter #34
Let's go for the console,fitting it made me sweat because the gear had more play thn normal and it was hitting the console,adjusted it to 90 percent free.
Now pls hav a look, I was lucky tht the color matched wid the dasboard.yuppy...

Attachments

Looks good, does the paint in the spray can enough for all 4 wheels ?

Also post a pic showing the brightness of the led.
Why not add mud flaps it will look good and protect the car body from mud !

Thread Starter #37
Thnks varun,
Of course the paint comes in 450 ml can which is more thn enough for 5 wheels including stepny..still some paint left which I will use on my pulsar 180 rims,I had tried to click some pics with the lamp on but it was not visible due to evening time and the bright light of my camera flash..try to get some tomorrow..I will b purchasing a sproiler for rear and will post soon.

Lots of DIY work has happened, I should be frequently online from now on [;)].

adjusted it to 90 percent free.
How did you do that? Can you explain in detail please.

Is that a OEM cabin lamp switch? I have never seen that red switch till date.

Congrats, the more we get into DIY, the more we know about our car.

Thread Starter #39
I just made another hole to the left of clamp to slightly adjust the position of console where when putting 1st and 2nd gear the lever was touching the plastic and also sometime slipped,so by adjusting it to my left a little i was able to make the lever free to much extent.
I have no idea about the switch as it came along wid the car...
Another thing i did today was bought a sproiler for the rear,pics are as follows
This one was the 1st one i had chosen

Attachments

Thread Starter #41
I was quite lucky that there was some paint left wid my painter since the last color was done..saved 500 bucks,but had to fetch some materials
1)plastic primer-100 ml Rs.130
2)thinner-Rs.70
3)Liqour 50 ml-Rs.110
4)labour charge-Rs.200
After fitment the pics are as follows(sorry as cudnt resist for some clicks at night as i was quite happy for wat i had achieved..pls have a look and comments always welcome.Will post daylight pics tomorrow.

Attachments

Congrats, The effort & the paint work is worth it. The paint on spoiler seems to be pretty good. I am happy that you have fixed it using screws (properly fixed) instead of the usual way of using glue as some shops do.

Yes it looks good on your car, post a full rear & side photo of your car taken in daylight. Will look much better I guess.

stock alto gear liver with console will looks and fit well. how much for the spoiler? are you able to parcel one to kerala :)

Thread Starter #45
Cost of sproiler Rs.1600 wid LED tail lamp,widout is 1200...I think I can parcel it to you guys if needed,bcoz got a dealer having pretty gud amount of stock wid him..risk is there because fiber can break on way and dnt think courier is a good idea.
As promised I am posting some daylight pics,hope u all like it..[:D]

Attachments

Top Bottom