Restoration of Yezdi Classic II

Thread Starter #31
Yes [:)] So back to main part. Engine Problem . A big challenge is of course getting parts esp OEM items. [frustration]
First Challenge :-

• Fourth gear Slipping – Must be due to gear rode shake. While fitting in crank case the rode was not seating properly. So crank case and gear rod need to be fixed

• Speedometer – Yezdi speedometer cable is connected to engine. Pinion set was not available. Got one new set but didn’t hold much – It was made of plastic. Was in hunt for steel rod. Luckily got one.

• New piston and cylinder seems fine for setting up . So not much worry over those.

• Clutch Plate I have bought new since old is gone.

• Magneto timing, Point system seems working fine so no work on it.

work going great. do tell us the cost incurred for the parts procured. it will help the fellow members for future reference

i too planed of buying one & restoring it, hunted for the bike, but didnt find a right piece. business work has started & due to lack of time& vitamin M[frustration], keeping fingers crossed for the time being.
by the time i buy the bike prices may jack up[lol]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #37
Hi sorry for delay, was busy with work as well as parts case.
Plating cost me around 3k
Two silencer costing 600 each
Rest all coming filling the rest 1800 bucks.
Cylinder – 1800
Piston – 1000
Carb – 1200
Cost varies due to the scarcity . [lol]
Painting total is expected to close at 3k since du pont is used.
Yes u r rite emperor before starting make sure you ll get enough time to hope around since parts availability and follow with workshop man should be done daily. Main issue ll be the parts .[frustration]

Dude, good work really, I am getting nostalgic looking at all the pics and your descriptions. I know how much running arround ( + spending) I had to do get my Cl-II done...

I am writing this from work hence couldnt upload a pic, but

google --> yezdi cl 2 <--- and the 2nd pic, orange/back yezdi is mine...

I need a few parts though which arent available here.
1. Side panel Monograms {Tank monograms if available ( need a spare ;) }
2. Speedo and Ignition Switch
3. Cover for the Carb
4. ( though not a major requirement as i can get it made from a fabricator ) the tiny black panel below side panels ( both missing )
5. FRONT SHOCK ABSORBERS ( mine are as dead as a dodo even after trying to fix them from a couple of mechs )
6. Drum set ( if new - mine have slight cracks )
7. New Chain

Can you post here the price of the things you've bought - new spares?
Thanks mate, Cheers and good luck with your work, post pics!
Happy Trung Trung!

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Hey Swappy_Ducks, Welcome to The Automotive India. This is the Yezdi you are talking about? Looks clean. Would love to learn more about it in a separate topic.

34126d1291124956-no-papers-yezdi-cl-2-now.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #45
Thanks Mate [:)]

Dude, good work really, I am getting nostalgic looking at all the pics and your descriptions. I know how much running arround ( + spending) I had to do get my Cl-II done...
Indeed it’s a very special feeling to assemble from bottom line... searching for parts … . Feels like growing our own kid …knowing ,seeing all parts all areas. ;)

google --> yezdi cl 2 <--- and the 2nd pic, orange/back yezdi is mine...
Is the pics post by 350Z urs ?

1. Side panel Monograms {Tank monograms if available ( need a spare ;) } - Side monograms are available. I got this from Trichy actually. I think I have some silver colored tank monogram with me
2. Speedo and Ignition Switch – 3 places I searched for speedometer and I was lucky to get one.
3. Cover for the Carb – My workshop man said he ll give me one which is in his stock. Lucky me J[:D]

4. ( though not a major requirement as i can get it made from a fabricator ) the tiny black panel below side panels ( both missing )
5. FRONT SHOCK ABSORBERS ( mine are as dead as a dodo even after trying to fix them from a couple of mechs )
6. Drum set ( if new - mine have slight cracks )
7. New Chain
Where you are from? Some of the parts mentioned are available in Thrissur (Kerala) . Though it will be difficult to get the original parts you will get an replacement anyhow from there. I will give the shop keeper number for you to call and check out. Myself picked most of the parts from there only
Grand Automobile – 9847921036
Can you post here the price of the things you've bought - new spares?]
ok

Good going muni
From where u got the parts? New cylinder kit still available?
Hi anil Cylinder kit is available. Almost all engine parts where available when i checked though you wont get the correct OE items :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom