Restoration of Yezdi Classic II

Thread Starter #46
So back to assembling news. Been a long troubleshooting week actually [evil].
Engine was set and started. Sound was deafening without silencer flute hihihi. It was very special feeling when the yezdi heart started beating. Three cheers to Ashan that within the third pumping itself the engine got to work.
Now comes the hard part

After initial testing – decided to test on Gear shifting. 4th gear slipping is solved but that shifting moved to the second gear slipping. So the matter was not related to gear wheel and its sealing. Its something else.
I started prodding my head but ashan was cool head. He said “tomo he will take to Engg workshop to test over there”
Next Day – Spend full day wondering what was the issue and in evening went to workshop - Bingo – Issue was with Gear selector plate – That’s why slipping happened.
Now searching for part started – Called Thrissur shop. He said same is available for 450 bucks. There is around 2 hours ride from my place to Thrissur. I decide then I ll try my luck in local shops first once more before going to Thrissur.
Looks like lucky stars where flying all around my head got one from nearby shop. Though it’s not OE it looked good enough.
Ashan started setting the engine again. Same old tensed waiting. Engine started without any problem , pulled gear lever upwards to gear 1 . raised accel no prob then moved downwards to second third and fourth hurray no slipping this time. There is a little bit a hardness I shifting gear but ashan said it ll be ok after some run . [glasses]

Meanwhile painting work is almost complete, so yezdi started shaping up to its previous glory. Around 85% is complete now. Electrical work is pending. I ll upload the pics once rolled out

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, yep thats my bike, posting some pics.

I work / study in Mumbai but the bike is in Nasik, my hometown.
I should get most parts in the near future after some searching here in mumbai but the last time i checked in a couple of places none were available.

@ muni-phantom - Couldnt find the monograms + carb cover anywhere.
Post the recent pics. I would try to get my friend to post his jawa's pics. hes also redone it from scratch, but boy he had a better budget than me, so its goin to be one of the best works done ever spanking new it looks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #50
hi all, thank you for your work and support. been very busy nowadays, resulting in delay in posting.

Now work is over Yezdi is out running fine [clap]. Since engine work has been done i have been riding it below 60km. I ll post pics. Ride experience handling will post separate .

New speedometer [;)]

Attachments

Top Bottom