Restoration of My Premier 118NE

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
It takes Herculean effort to restore such an old car.Hats off to you,superb work,and congratulation,as you will be driving it soon.How will you manage the R.C??
I hope they renew it to make it roadworthy again.

Last edited:
Thanks dear,i am still new to this restoration process.But have tried my best to replace maximum things which i can manage.Because of my busy schedule,this restoration took time of almost one year,but now it is almost over ,max 15 days more to get all assembled.restoration cost excluding car's purchase price is reaching almost 80,000rupees now.
All hardwork will pay rich dividends and soon you will be driving this beauty. I am eager to see the beauty in a new Avatar. Name her wisely, afterall its your baby[:)]

Thread Starter #33

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
congrats!!Looking suuuper!![clap] How does it drive?How does it sound?I am all excited,tell us more.And please some pictures of the interiors.

Congratulations Khushagra[cheers]
Great Job.
please send some interior pics too.
I think you can now take it to a car detailing shop for proper wax and shine.

Really superb. One can't believe the same car stood under a tree on the highway in February 2017 in such a bad shape, rusting. Now looks so nice. Congratulations and best of Luck.

Thread Starter #37
sorry guys i was busy thats why couldn't reply to you all,still there is plenty of work remaining in my car,i will update this thread time to time.Thanks all for appreciation.

Thread Starter #38
updates from my last post here-
*My car now got new tyres-mrf 155/80 r13 tubeless type

IMG_20180717_140059.jpg

*While doing alignment they told me that some steering bush as well as tie rod ends need replacements....
*On checking this issue with my mechanic we came to know that Steering Drive Idle Arm bush was almost gone....and that was the main reason of that thud sound which i feel every time while turning or in potholes.finding bush kit for this in good condition at my place was impossible.I was not ready this time to park my car in garage for two three days for this steering bush kit.on my mechanic's advice we go for a different approach for this problem and with the help of lathe machine we finally installed brass made bush.

IMG_20180719_120432.jpg

IMG_20180722_172430.jpg

*Although mechanic was saying tie rod ends dont need replacement as of now bt bcz i got rane make tie rod ends already so we changed those too.
*Next task was to reduce noises and rattles as much as possible,silencer hanger rubbers were replaced as well as petrol tank fixing bracket was weld ,due to heat generated in welding process some paint from outside near petrol tank cap got damage[frustration].
*I was not comfortable with manual lock - unlock of door locks each time.so for getting rid of this problem installed xenos rottweiler central lock kit.

*REAR DOOR CENTRAL LOCKING SETUP-

IMG_20180722_172425.jpg

*FRONT DOOR CENTRAL LOCKING SETUP-

IMG_20180719_121552.jpg

*Earlier when i purchased this car ac was in proper working condition,only ac/blower control switch needed replacement then bt when car reached home finally after 6-7 months of restoration process,blower as well as ac was not working.So finally one day i started to look for issue and came to know that a fuse was blown inside dashboard ,this fuse was not in fuse box ,that's why we were ignoring it till then.after replacing the fuse at least blower started working.Next task was to replace blower switch ,although this is a universal ac/blower controller switch that came in ambassadors ,contessa also and even now one can find it ,but i couldn't find it at my place so did some diy stuff ,bought a 50 rupees worth rotary 5point switch and did some soldering etc.and finally i have a working switch for blower[:)].will try to find a complete switch assembly later once ac will be fixed.

vlcsnap-2018-08-12-01h58m26s244.png

thats it for now....some more small issues need attention ,so will do some more diys and will update.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow... great restoration so far. How is your experience driving this vehicle? Do you get curious looks on the road? Because this car is very rare to spot these days. Even rarer than Premier Padmini.

Thread Starter #40
Wow... great restoration so far. How is your experience driving this vehicle? Do you get curious looks on the road? Because this car is very rare to spot these days. Even rarer than Premier Padmini.
Unforntunately have not driven that much on road ,jst short trips to garage only.car is perfect now,yes you are right ppl always get excited seeing this on road[:D],they praise,ask questions,offer money,and even follow me sometime.this is attention seeker for sure.i think this is probably single 118ne on road in my city.

Hi Kushagra, congratulation for restoring your 118 ne, i need to tell you that i also got the same car 118 ne 1995 model and i am willing to sell its parts or full car could you help me. I also live in Kanpur, so there will be no problem in meeting and if you read this message kindly email me and one more thing car is not in good condition but its i think engine part can still work so please contact me on above email i will be waiting for your reply..

It would be a great help

Hi bro. I'm Sampath from Hyderabad. I have a Premier Padmini 118 NE. Recently its head gasket got damaged and engine timing had gone. So can you help me how you set the timing of engine?

Top Bottom