Restoration Of My Hindustan Ambassador 2412

Hi Harish,

Just came across this wonderful restoration story of Ambassador in TAI and could not stop till the 17th page. I am just waiting to see the final set of Photos of your restoration. I got myself an Ambassador Mark4 and am planning restoration, please do share your contact so that we can get in touch. I stay in Bangalore.

regards,
Kiran.

Man,thats a awesome paint job.The new color looks realy nice on your amby.Your amby will rock on the road.Can you share the cost of the paintjob?
@blackbird.ron
Welcome to TAI.

i am restoring my grand fathers 1965 ambassdor mark2 .It is still in original shape and have all the original fittings.I would like to get now some colour suggestions.I liked the green colour of the member CLASSIC CAR ,please send the exact colour name tounniskrishna@gmail.com,watsapp 9020307070

HM Gurus pls suggest or advice.
Mine is a 1991 model BMC engine the company engine is not a straight fittment .it is in approx 75 degree and i am planning to staright the engine at 90 degree and also plan to fit a Toyota 6 Speed gearbox .

is it possible

Just went through the thread & was just amazed to see the details you have provided for the restoration. Congrats. The Amby would have been ready by now. Just waiting to have the finished looked of the car.

Hi,
The Amby Population is getting increased in TAI. [:)]
Kindly post the images of your car whatever you have. I am one of the great fan of Ambassador Cars.
Hi,
I am Sunil from Kerala, i have an ambassador , 1992 model. I would like to know whether you know any good workshop

Bro do you still. Have ambassador... If not anyway I'm Ankit from Punjab. I've own a ambassador from an auction held in our city Ludhiana of police vehicles I've own a ambassador car is in gr8 condition but problem is the fuel pump it is not available here it is external fuel pump var is mpfi petrol so can you suggest where i can get a full fuel tank with internal fuel pump??

Hi,
I am Sunil from Kerala, i have an ambassador , 1992 model. I would like to know whether you know any good workshop
Rohini Auto Garage in Coimbatore is one of the good workshops for Ambassador. Its near Peelamedu KTM Showroom.
Kindly dont go for South India Motors, the output will always not into perfection.

Differential/transmission axle:presently equipped with Contessa axle and double joint so need to find a good crown and pinion as the existing is producing humming sound at certain speeds

What type crown and how many teeth you kept in your car

My father have a Hindustan ambassador hardly modified to mark4 and it is a1975 March Kerala reg krt and has a Mahindra mm540 engine in it kindly please reply originally which model that car is and HKS2412 congratulations on your resto

Thread Starter #269
Dear TAI-gers, hope everyone is safe during this covid 19 lock down. sincere apologies for not being active in the forum, my last message in the forum was in the year 2014 and reason was i went into rough patch and could able to complete the car project due to financial problem and later I met with accident which hampered my physical life for 1 year and Job change which has put me in hardship and was not able to dedicate and focus on my AMBY and parked in garage for almost 4 years without taking out..[sad]

Money, Time and Resources are very important in completion of the project and its become a difficult task in organizing all of it at once. The car was 95% completed before stopping the project during this period the FC had lapsed and i was not aware but in 2018 i tried to renew the FC but shockingly penalty imposed on the FC was huge i was some to pay around Rs.45000+ i had to pay as fine only which kept me on back foot, but fortunately that rule was relaxed some six months ago and with mere RS.4000 i was able to renew the Fitness Certificate and the legend was brought back on road..[:)]

I am attaching the pics of present 2020 while water servicing and before taking it to FC renwal
20200223_175721-001.jpg
20200223_175721-001.jpg
TAI 3.jpg
TAI 2.jpg
TAI 1.jpg
TAI 4.jpg

Last edited:

Top Bottom